Page 8 example-fixed.jpg
Page 8 example.jpg
POTC-zoomed-in (resized).jpg
toy-story-4-zoomed-in (resized).jpg
C00CE5F7-FBD0-488E-A226-AE5B1A4ACDF3 (resized).jpeg
CD9AC0BF-A3F0-45BF-A9D6-8843D9255E7D.jpeg
2F8DAA47-E2F2-447D-8A78-C982CFE836D0.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 718 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 59 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Interesting, that I made a comment on my website in January that traditional Wizard modes are out the window now, and that when I design games I want everyone to be able to experience everything the game has to offer, not just the elite.

Pretty simple just to make the wizard mode accessible at the start with a choice option like Stern has been doing with their latest games, gives everyone with different skill levels options.

#102 59 days ago

CE confirmed on day 1, within first 5 seconds. So excited and hunkering down for the long wait until Fall! Thanks for starting this thread which is enriched for folks advancing the hobby and helping each other out vs the whining and negativity in the hype threads!

#103 59 days ago

I can’t wait for the mods now

#104 59 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's 2 in Madison. Blue Moon and I/O Bar.

We are so spoiled here. It's great

#105 59 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Interesting, that I made a comment on my website in January that traditional Wizard modes are out the window now, and that when I design games I want everyone to be able to experience everything the game has to offer, not just the elite. I then remade Last Action Hero and made the World Premiere wizard mode accessible to all with a little coding magic.
I've since developed an idea for pinball A.I., which can allow 2 players of wildly different skills (father and daughter for example), to enjoy a balanced game so that Dad doesn't have to go easy on his kid. The code automatically adjusts to the skill level of the player. No one likes to lose, especially kids. Now, thanks to my idea, the playfield is levelled. Bring it on pops!
Would be cool to see future pinball games using this balancing trick.

The Multimorphic P3 system sort of does this by allowing different game difficulty level settings for each player.

#106 59 days ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The Multimorphic P3 system sort of does this by allowing different game difficulty level settings for each player.

Games like Apollo 13 and I belive Who Dunnit had a novice option.

#107 59 days ago

How long is it taking for LE's anyone get an arrival date yet? I thinking about ordering one just want to know what the wait is..

#108 59 days ago

I placed Toy Story 4 (LE) at vape vault in champaign il if anyone would like to check out the LE. Very fun game indeed.

828AA393-CB51-4747-B10B-14347D9519C4 (resized).jpeg9EBB03AF-685F-4042-81D1-76A1593A73FA (resized).jpegADCC36CD-4139-4DB6-B7C5-5C0B23F2D6A0 (resized).jpegF5CF2C4C-559A-4CF4-A628-A9F9B486752D (resized).jpeg
#109 58 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

How long is it taking for LE's anyone get an arrival date yet? I thinking about ordering one just want to know what the wait is..

Day 1 1st batch would be delivered in the next few days. I ordered 24 hours after launch and was told 1-2 months hopefully.

#110 58 days ago

…i wish shippers worked sundays…

#111 58 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I’m on first batch and was told someday this week.

#112 58 days ago

In for a CE and can’t wait. My family loves Toy Story and our favorite ride at Disney is Toy Story Midway Mania. This pin seems to combine elements of that incredibly fun ride/game.
The release of this game has unfortunately shone a bright light on how negative and vitriolic Pinside can be. Everyone should just play the game to judge it for themselves. Yesterday I went to an arcade and played a bunch of machines that are in the top 20 on Pinside and I liked some and not others. Loved Monster Bash. Really liked Elvira. Liked Rush and Rick and Morty. Didn’t care for Mandolorian, Iron Maiden, Black Knight.

#113 58 days ago

Got a ce from Flipnout. Was worried about all the negative comments afterwards but seems everyone who has played it loves it. I think In five years when nib le’s are $20k we will look back and say how cheap this was lol.

#114 58 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I ordered an LE within the first hour from JJP, email for full payment that night from Jen, tracking/shipping confirmation the next morning and delivery the evening after. Lol, I was blown away by how seamless it all went. Illinois to GA freight delivery in 36 hours is impressive.

I’ve ordered every JJP release, and although the packaging was as thorough as I’ve ever seen from them, QC was a bit lacking. Nothing major, just a bit more odds and ends than normal. Overall, the whole experience was the smoothest I’ve had to date with JJP and so far I’m impressed by the polish they put on the whole package.

#115 58 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am really looking forward to learning the ins and outs, what the LCD is telling me, etc!

Frisco represent!

#116 58 days ago

After close to 100 plays, still really happy with this game, the way it shoots, the satisfying shots/combos, the awesome lightshow, and the call-outs/music. Originally I thought this shooter was easy, because I was taking the easy shots. Now that I’m more familiar with rules, I’m taking the harder shots (road trip lock and believe it or not the narrow scoop), and missing is somewhat punishing (in a miss the shot in Wonka sort of way, draining, outlanes are hungry for misdirected balls). Also, the Lawlor “pops to drain” does exist in this design and got me quite a few times today!

#117 58 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Also, the Lawlor “pops to drain” does exist in this design and got me quite a few times today!

Aww man...the only thing I dislike about Wonka.

#118 58 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Aww man...the only thing I dislike about Wonka.

Not as regular as Wonka. I actually like the 4 pop bumpers with the laser beam sound effects and the super fast action. It’s sort of a safe space to hit to get a short breather although a couple came down the pipe quick out of there!

#119 58 days ago

Got my LE Friday. Kept it in the garage to 'test' it with some friends. Some of this is actually true.

It's a decent game. It feels like Wonka to me with the playfield pushed back a bit. Kinetic ball feels JUST like Wonka's does. It seems smooth and shots flow nicely. My slings and flippers a bit underpowered, so I'll adjust to account for that 'JJP' feel a bit.

Everyone left the unveiling party with a positive attitude and seemed to really like the game. We had very seasoned players as well as Disney lovers that just wanted to catch a peek, so all types of people.

Taking it up to The Pinball Room tomorrow to let the public get their hands on it. All in all, seems like a winner to me.

#120 57 days ago

Has anyone got scorbit enabled on ts4 yet? I can’t seem to connect to update but I’m on Wi-Fi?

#121 57 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Interesting, that I made a comment on my website in January that traditional Wizard modes are out the window now, and that when I design games I want everyone to be able to experience everything the game has to offer, not just the elite. I then remade Last Action Hero and made the World Premiere wizard mode accessible to all with a little coding magic.
I've since developed an idea for pinball A.I., which can allow 2 players of wildly different skills (father and daughter for example), to enjoy a balanced game so that Dad doesn't have to go easy on his kid. The code automatically adjusts to the skill level of the player. No one likes to lose, especially kids. Now, thanks to my idea, the playfield is levelled. Bring it on pops!
Would be cool to see future pinball games using this balancing trick.

Why do you need AI?
How about a simple select your difficulty after you hit start - Easy - Standard - Difficult
Very simple as it would just pick a preselected set of game settings to apply

#122 57 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

…i wish shippers worked sundays…

First of all congrats on the game! As with all JJP it looks very nice. Looking forward to your thoughts on the game once received. Really interested if Mirco removed all the artwork from around all the post as well if they added plastic washers?

You getting one early on, will be interesting to see how the pf holds up. Hoping JJP pf issues are a thing of the past!

#123 57 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Really interested if Mirco removed all the artwork from around all the post as well if they added plastic washers?

Found this in another post so sharing here.....

Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Good news for those ordering Toy Story 4.
It was late and I forgot to get photos. JJP took steps to pull back some of the artwork around the critical areas and are placing plastic shim / washers under some of the posts to prevent the clear coat from pooling / puddling up. The clear coat on the JJ games to the naked eye are about 2 times as thick as a stern, and conversly can suffer from clear coat shrinkage.
Of course only time will tell, but the artwork, and quality of the clear coat really pop on this one.

#124 57 days ago

Looks like a live twitch stream of Toy Story 4 with Buffalo pinball tonight at 8pm EST

Twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#125 57 days ago

My local arcade (Vaporosity) got a LE, Thursday. It has been very popular. There were a few regulars that were saying negative things, when the game was revealed. After they played it, they now love it.

#126 57 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Has anyone got scorbit enabled on ts4 yet? I can’t seem to connect to update but I’m on Wi-Fi?

it worked last week, but had some problems over the weekend and still wasn't working as of last night (shows me logged in as ball 2 with 990k points, but that's not what's happening on my machine!)

Haven't tried today.

#127 57 days ago

Just got my invoice and am in on an LE. Should be here sometime next week! Was in on CE originally, but didn't want to wait! Zach and Greg's video has me pumped to play this game! I think it looks super fun!

#128 57 days ago

Anyone have thoughts on the ipad yet? Is it good use of the space and fun? Looking forward to the stream later if I can get off work in time.

#129 57 days ago

Pinside has the ce as
Estimated value
$10910 - $12699
Need this fixed.

#130 57 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Pinside has the ce as
Estimated value
$10910 - $12699
Need this fixed.

Agree!

#131 57 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

it worked last week, but had some problems over the weekend and still wasn't working as of last night (shows me logged in as ball 2 with 990k points, but that's not what's happening on my machine!)
Haven't tried today.

Manually updated to 1.05 today and I was able to get Scorbit working however something is still wrong because the game doesn’t know what time it is I’m afraid to mess with the clock settings other than changing the time zone which I did and it is still not displaying the correct time version 1.04 did not have Scorbit coded into it is my theory. I also didn’t see a cable run to the coin door for inserting the USB stick so I had to remove one of the dongle’s on the Coin door board FYI in case anyone is experiencing similar issues

#132 57 days ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

My local arcade (Vaporosity) got a LE, Thursday. It has been very popular. There were a few regulars that were saying negative things, when the game was revealed. After they played it, they now love it.

I experienced the same at my location over The Weekend. It’s just so damn fun you can’t hate on it as a new player. Now if you’re used to pinball and knowledgeable about what’s in games historically, it feels toy light.

#133 57 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Manually updated to 1.05 today and I was able to get Scorbit working however something is still wrong because the game doesn’t know what time it is I’m afraid to mess with the clock settings other than changing the time zone which I did and it is still not displaying the correct time version 1.04 did not have Scorbit coded into it is my theory. I also didn’t see a cable run to the coin door for inserting the USB stick so I had to remove one of the dongle’s on the Coin door board FYI in case anyone is experiencing similar issues

I had to do the same with the USB port.

#134 57 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I had to do the same with the USB port.

I think an update should drop soon and we should be able update via Wi-Fi now that we have 1.05 installed.

#135 57 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Why do you need AI?
How about a simple select your difficulty after you hit start - Easy - Standard - Difficult
Very simple as it would just pick a preselected set of game settings to apply

Agreed ... I posted about this topic a few months ago. Seems like a perfect feature for a game like TS. AI idea is interesting, but sounds hard (I also have a bad knee-jerk reaction to that term, which is SO overused by tech vendors) ... but not being negative, sounds like it would be a nice option as well (sorta like the arcade racing games that let you "catch up" to competitors ... fun for the kiddos for sure).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adjustable-difficulty-for-each-individual-player-feature#post-6814404

#136 57 days ago

Guy posted an le on market for $7500 saying horrible get it out of here. Maybe a joke but that’s a crazy loss.

#137 57 days ago

im in for a CE, for those who already have a LE, do the sound sytem is the same as other jjp?

#138 56 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Guy posted an le on market for $7500 saying horrible get it out of here. Maybe a joke but that’s a crazy loss.

It's fake. You can see that Pinsider posting hate on the game before orders even went live. He is either just trolling or trying to mess with the Pinside estimated price.

#139 56 days ago

Spoke with jjp today. They are aware of the drop target bug and will be fixing with an update. The servers are not live at the moment so if your game comes with 1.04 you’ll want to usb update to 1.05 to get scorbit working.

#140 56 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Spoke with jjp today. They are aware of the drop target bug and will be fixing with an update. The servers are not live at the moment so if your game comes with 1.04 you’ll want to usb update to 1.05 to get scorbit working.

What's the drop target bug?

#141 56 days ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

What's the drop target bug?

Game will give an alert that it’s stuck closed. It’s always closed and pops up when you start a game. Idk if that’s the way it was meant to be coded. But I’m sure the error is erroneous!

#142 56 days ago

Has anyone who directly purchased a CE from JJP been charged their deposit yet?

#143 56 days ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Has anyone who directly purchased a CE from JJP been charged their deposit yet?

I have. The transaction was posted on the 15th and was finalized on the 17th

#144 56 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I have. The transaction was posted on the 15th and was finalized on the 17th

I have the email confirmation and an order number...but they haven't run my card yet. Not worried, just interested in why it's taking a bit of time.

#145 56 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I think an update should drop soon and we should be able update via Wi-Fi now that we have 1.05 installed.

I thought my clock was not syncing as well, but the series of buttons you have to push to choose to get it to save is confusing, took me a few tries. I finally got it to save on the correct timezone, and the clock works fine on 1.05. That could have something to do with was was confusing Scorbit.

#146 56 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

same guy is selling a Black Knight for $12k, that's a troll.

#147 56 days ago

Anybody know what angle the flippers are meant to be mounted at on TS4? I ask because they come more horizontal than I like. Interestingly my Wonka CE came with them aligned to the inlane guides (which I like), but the new Wonkas came like this TS (bent up a little for lack of better description). I'll probably move them down to a more drooped position (which will make the left ramp backhand tough if not impossible), but just wondering if this is how the assembly line person decided to mount them, or if I'm going against something Lawlor designed!

#148 56 days ago
sleep.gif
#149 56 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The game manual is now up. If anyone wants to start reading up on the game.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/downloads/

Unfortunately TS4 is another crappy post-Butch-firing JJP manual. The flipper assembly parts diagrams are COMPLETELY MISSING. Also, a bunch of the pages have what look like DOS screen caps with nasty text. Despite assurances JJP's TS4 manual would be an uptick towards Butch quality again, it's nowhere close. Actually much worse than the GnR one.

#150 56 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Really depends on the distributor, but many are already getting their customer orders for it shipped now. I'll have mine Thursday. If you call around, you might be able to snag one for immediate shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 23.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dewitt, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA
There are 718 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!