IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 64.
#1801 1 year ago

Plastic broke only about 70 games.
Also first time this has happened but left sling keeps firing. Leafs look spaced fine. Any ideas?

D4B8BCB4-DFE3-4BC7-8582-5A015041D636 (resized).jpegD4B8BCB4-DFE3-4BC7-8582-5A015041D636 (resized).jpeg
#1802 1 year ago

1F5056F9-BC27-44ED-9146-8CCD9E906699 (resized).jpeg1F5056F9-BC27-44ED-9146-8CCD9E906699 (resized).jpeg28996BF0-9EA8-41B2-9E15-12E0BE01E6E2 (resized).jpeg28996BF0-9EA8-41B2-9E15-12E0BE01E6E2 (resized).jpegF8D44F88-383E-44A0-B8F4-B5C55309AB34 (resized).jpegF8D44F88-383E-44A0-B8F4-B5C55309AB34 (resized).jpeg77BF71F8-00A7-4051-A46D-6600D8851986 (resized).jpeg77BF71F8-00A7-4051-A46D-6600D8851986 (resized).jpeg0C7610ED-9901-4BBB-B753-2A3EEBD804FE (resized).jpeg0C7610ED-9901-4BBB-B753-2A3EEBD804FE (resized).jpeg81FB12D9-9372-4E6A-8280-061BC1D73510 (resized).jpeg81FB12D9-9372-4E6A-8280-061BC1D73510 (resized).jpegAFE110BB-AED4-41B6-AE37-295BE3826C78 (resized).jpegAFE110BB-AED4-41B6-AE37-295BE3826C78 (resized).jpeg31247898-16B3-4EDD-9C12-0A0F2EF65981 (resized).jpeg31247898-16B3-4EDD-9C12-0A0F2EF65981 (resized).jpeg

439A5C96-D269-4978-95B1-713C84CFC0CE (resized).jpeg439A5C96-D269-4978-95B1-713C84CFC0CE (resized).jpeg
#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive is an understatement, great work!

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

AMAZING job!

#1805 1 year ago

Really like the toys on the topper. May do that too.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from EndorisLit1:

Yea Im getting that feeling as well with the occasional boot. I found a solid state drive in the manual/backbox next to the IO board, Im assuming thats what Id be replacing?

That would be correct. You could just buy another SSD drive of the same size and load the software on there and see if that fixes your problem.

I had the same problem with my Wizard of Oz and my Elvira house and horrors. Stern uses that SD card instead of a solid state drive.

#1807 1 year ago

Here is a video of my topper mod. Please subscribe to my channel. I’ll add army men later I ordered them on eBay set of two for $8

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Plastic broke only about 70 games.
Also first time this has happened but left sling keeps firing. Leafs look spaced fine. Any ideas?

If you get a new plastic, get a protector under there.

Left sling - Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

Let jjp know you miss LTG : )

#1809 1 year ago

LTG thanks I’ll try that. Do they make protectors for Toy Story in the back? I’ll have to check mezel mods. Never had a plastic break before.

#1810 1 year ago

So my right ramp shot isn’t fluid I don’t even know how to properly explain the issue here I’ll try;

I tested a different game and basically the ball is fluid;

What happens is i shoot a ball to loop around the right ramp but there is always a hesitation to the ball like a brief stop or pause when it turns the corner…

So I’ll shoot the ramp it goes around pauses or stops for a second then continues around the ramp…

There doesn’t seem to be anything blocking ramp or hitting ball I’m not sure what could cause this;

pic is where the ball pauses or hesitated…

On a new game I tested no ball hesitation or stop it’s perfectly fluid..

Thank you for your time and help

99947D3D-8A2C-4D0E-861D-8A9380E38D3D (resized).jpeg99947D3D-8A2C-4D0E-861D-8A9380E38D3D (resized).jpeg
#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Do they make protectors for Toy Story in the back?

I don't know if anyone has made one, or may make one in the future.

If this is a common issue on this game, I'm sure someone will make a protector for it.

I'd make my own before sticking a new plastic on there.

LTG : )

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks awesome and fun! The CE is definitely one hell of a beautiful pin.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the ball falling off the right ramp shot?
I added a pic to where the ball is sometimes falling off the ramp at this point ….
This seems like an odd issue to have and not sure what a fix would be for this
[quoted image]

If leveling doesn’t work you can hand-bend the wire form to see if that keeps the ball on track. It doesn’t take much manipulation. Just move/bend the side of the wire form that is falling off by raising it or lower it opposite the other side of the track/wire.

#1814 1 year ago

Hello, love this game and its been a big hit in the arcade. Couple questions, sorry if these have been asked/answered already.

- Will JJP release an official side art blades for the LE
- Will JJP release an official topper for the LE
- Any news on anymore code updates?

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

If leveling doesn’t work you can hand-bend the wire form to see if that keeps the ball on track. It doesn’t take much manipulation. Just move/bend the side of the wire form that is falling off by raising it or lower it opposite the other side of the track/wire.

Thank you very much my tech came and took a look at it ; he did exactly what you said he very carefully bent the wire form to try to help ball from falling; haven’t tested it yet to see if it’s any better

We figured out what is causing the hesitation and not fluid movement there is a transition in the actual ramp that will make the ball slow down or skip a little…

I think they fixed it with newer machines as mine is an LE #72

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you very much my tech came and took a look at it ; he did exactly what you said he very carefully bent the wire form to try to help ball from falling; haven’t tested it yet to see if it’s any better
We figured out what is causing the hesitation and not fluid movement there is a transition in the actual ramp that will make the ball slow down or skip a little…
I think they fixed it with newer machines as mine is an LE #72

I’m pretty sure the Number isn’t actually the order made. I was told they are randomly put with the machine. Have others heard this?

#1817 1 year ago

Correct, numbers are random.

#1818 1 year ago

I have a general question(s) about the rules

The carnival ball multi ball lock ; what triggers this to occur when I hit the scoop ? I notice I rarely get it and when I do I have no idea what triggered it…

So my question is all about what is carnival multi ball lock how do you trigger it etc everything about it ….

Thank you for the help guys and gals

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The carnival ball multi ball lock ; what triggers this to occur when I hit the scoop ? I notice I rarely get it and when I do I have no idea what triggered it…

the TLDR - play your carnival modes from the left ramp. That will qualify locks at the scoop.

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

the TLDR - play your carnival modes from the left ramp. That will qualify locks at the scoop.

So after I complete a carnival mode hit the scoop for a ball lock ?

Then just complete 3 carnival modes and hit the scoop 3 times to trigger carnival multi ball

Hope I understand this correctly thank you for that

#1822 1 year ago

Had a monster 1st ball last night...

PXL_20221220_223714266 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_223714266 (resized).jpg
#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Had a monster 1st ball last night...
[quoted image]

Great score!
I’m not a very good player but ive never liked long ball times.
For some reason I love having long games on Toy Story! When the game ends,Its like same feeling when a fun rollercoaster ride ends wish it was longer!
This game doesn’t get enough credit for all the great music choices for each mode,just fits the mode your in perfect.

#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So after I complete a carnival mode hit the scoop for a ball lock ?
Then just complete 3 carnival modes and hit the scoop 3 times to trigger carnival multi ball
Hope I understand this correctly thank you for that

First lock available after playing 2 modes (you don't have to complete them.

Second lock is available after playing the third mode.

Third lock available after playing the fourth mode.

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

First lock available after playing 2 modes (you don't have to complete them.
Second lock is available after playing the third mode.
Third lock available after playing the fourth mode.

Thank you for this I totally understand it now !! And thanks guys for the rules link

#1826 1 year ago

Just got a new ce yesterday. Beautiful machine. Just noticed the spinning wheel is not perfectly centered. Does this need to be fixed or is that normal?

32BD8BFC-269A-491B-9650-6859D63B4A78 (resized).jpeg32BD8BFC-269A-491B-9650-6859D63B4A78 (resized).jpeg
#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from monte_:

Just got a new ce yesterday. Beautiful machine. Just noticed the spinning wheel is not perfectly centered. Does this need to be fixed or is that normal?
[quoted image]

Others can chime in, but looks normal to me. Most important thing is to make sure it's level

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Others can chime in, but looks normal to me. Most important thing is to make sure it's level

Unfortunately. It is normal.

No longer have my le but mine and my friends’s CE are the same.

Like it was said before. Make sure it is levelled

#1829 1 year ago

My right slingshot is firing off randomly. Seems to happen more when the I use the right flipper. Also, the longer I play, the more it fires. Any ideas what to do? I am very new to this, this is my first pin.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueScoop:

My right slingshot is firing off randomly. Seems to happen more when the I use the right flipper. Also, the longer I play, the more it fires. Any ideas what to do? I am very new to this, this is my first pin.

Sent ya a PM

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueScoop:

the first thing to test is checking the switch is adjusted well. If it is too close, the game switch will make contact with the game vibration as you play.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueScoop:

My right slingshot is firing off randomly.

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

Then call jjp and tell them to get LTG : ) back for Christmas.

#1833 1 year ago

Hi fellas,

Im still having the problem with my Kaboom ramp screws, theyre moving from their position so it goes down and makes the ball fail the woody Spinner shot. Ive adjusted it and it fixes the problem but after some more plays…it happens again. I’ve used blue loctite and…its still wet, its not getting dry, so the problem stills there.

Its a PITA to be adjusting the ramp from time to time, those screws are so weak, you can turn them without doing any effort at all…any advice?

PD: I know they are moving cause I made marks on them with a marker.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

I’ve used blue loctite and…its still wet,

Is this a metal screw into a metal post ? ( I don't have the game to check ) If so you'll need to clean the screw and threaded hole it goes into. Lacquer thinner, nail polish remover, etc. Something to clean out what ever is in there not letting the locktite set up and dry.

#1835 1 year ago

I just got my CE #443. CAnt wait to mod it. no issues so far.

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is this a metal screw into a metal post ? ( I don't have the game to check ) If so you'll need to clean the screw and threaded hole it goes into. Lacquer thinner, nail polish remover, etc. Something to clean out what ever is in there not letting the locktite set up and dry.

Yes, big screw into a large post that is the one you turn with the tool. Pffff im afraid it looks like a difficult mech to perform that, cant believe this didnt happen in the quality checks.

Thanks for the tip as usual LTG, will have that in count as one of the last options

#1837 1 year ago

Thank you so much @per3per3, @pin_fandango, and @ltg. I am back up and running. I’m so glad I found pinside, I really appreciate how eager everyone is to share their knowledge. What a great resource.

#1838 1 year ago

Yay, I'm in the club. Got my beautiful CE yesterday. However, upon taking glass off, I got a top to bottom scratch on the glass. So tight the lock down receiver scratched the glass. Also, the back-glass doesn't seem to really lock in regardless of key position. The glass can still lift up. Anyone else have that same issue? I submitted ticket for the glass and back-glass issue, but I love the game. I've owned DILE, WoZ, and WW and I think TS4 is better than all of those games.

IMG_1164 (resized).jpegIMG_1164 (resized).jpeg
#1839 1 year ago

I had the same issue on my translight glass lock not engaging too. I was able to fix it by removing the lock and SLIGHTLY bending the cam towards the front. It took a couple of attempts before I got the right positioning.

#1840 1 year ago

Where is the WiFi dongle on Toy Story?

I can’t get mine to see any networks. I made sure to approve the agreement first, but when I search it doesn’t find any WiFi. I setup my GNR with no issues. I want to check the WiFi dongle first to make sure it’s plugged in properly.

Open to any other suggestions.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

I don't have one to check. Thanks jjp

Look inside the coin door on the left wall of the cabinet, see if there is a board like on Guns & Roses, if so it would be on there.

If missing, check any packaging that came with the game, or inside coin box.

If you need one, look for this or ones like it :

https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter

#1842 1 year ago

A few questions. Whats the recommended angle for this game? Can you adjust brightness of the main LCD screen? Can you disable tilt in the system menu?

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can you disable tilt in the system menu?

Give more tilts.

I remove one wire from it and secure it so it doesn't short into anything. Then in settings turn off the alert and red dot. So the only thing that pops up is if you hit the enter button it will come up as an error because it hasn't been tilted. And other errors will be listed if you do this.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Yay, I'm in the club. Got my beautiful CE yesterday. However, upon taking glass off, I got a top to bottom scratch on the glass. So tight the lock down receiver scratched the glass. Also, the back-glass doesn't seem to really lock in regardless of key position. The glass can still lift up. Anyone else have that same issue? I submitted ticket for the glass and back-glass issue, but I love the game. I've owned DILE, WoZ, and WW and I think TS4 is better than all of those games.
[quoted image]

I had same scratched glass issue. It was from the autograph plate screws being set too high and the bracket holding the plate kept the plate too elevated which held it too close to the glass. Take the plates off the apron and allow the apron art to show nit makes the machine look so much better. Jjp replaced the glass no problem.

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

A few questions. Whats the recommended angle for this game? Can you adjust brightness of the main LCD screen? Can you disable tilt in the system menu?

on my GnR i took the weight off the tilt bob. i adjusted mine to 2nd line touch bubble.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

I had same scratched glass issue. It was from the autograph plate screws being set too high and the bracket holding the plate kept the plate too elevated which held it too close to the glass. Take the plates off the apron and allow the apron art to show nit makes the machine look so much better. Jjp replaced the glass no problem.

Yup,
My CE is still open right now and I hope to work in it tomorrow. I’m still trying to adjust the playfield level so that my shooter rod doesn’t hit the top of the auto plunger. I started a ticket too.
The trouble is, is if I try the couple of different ways to make it right then the autograph covers screw absolutely stop the glass from going on.
JJP tells me there is a sweet spot. Honestly, I’ve tried for 2 weeks. I’ll see what I can do. I don’t want to do anything extreme.

My back box was also tight in the beginning. It’s better now but still not perfect.

#1847 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

I can’t get mine to see any networks. I made sure to approve the agreement first, but when I search it doesn’t find any WiFi. I setup my GNR with no issues. I want to check the WiFi dongle first to make sure it’s plugged in properly.
Open to any other suggestions.

Coin door to the left. Top side of the only board down in there.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

Follow-up. Scratch caused by left trough spot-light. You might want to check that to avoid scratching. Boy, I'm glad I kept my CE. It's far better than the "haters" said. If Stern Munsters LE can get $18K, so will TS4CE in a few years.

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Follow-up. Scratch caused by left trough spot-light. You might want to check that to avoid scratching. Boy, I'm glad I kept my CE. It's far better than the "haters" said. If Stern Munsters LE can get $18K, so will TS4CE in a few years.

I agree. I was on the fence. I wanted the topper so bad “coasterguy”.
Bond LE plus shooter knob and topper will be over $15k probably.
It’s outrageous but, pinball isn’t cheap and never has been.

Aside from that it’s a very fun pin. I honestly enjoy it. It feels like I at a carnival. I’ve never seen one Toy Story movie.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yup,
My CE is still open right now and I hope to work in it tomorrow. I’m still trying to adjust the playfield level so that my shooter rod doesn’t hit the top of the auto plunger. I started a ticket too.
The trouble is, is if I try the couple of different ways to make it right then the autograph covers screw absolutely stop the glass from going on.
JJP tells me there is a sweet spot. Honestly, I’ve tried for 2 weeks. I’ll see what I can do. I don’t want to do anything extreme.
My back box was also tight in the beginning. It’s better now but still not perfect.

shooter rod sitting to low? cant adjust the housing and move it up? i had to file the bottom of mine as it was sitting to high and topping the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/37?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.