IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 64.
#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I received my TS4 CE about a month ago, but I was finally able to set it up and I am glad I hired a pinball guy to help out because although this is my fifth pin by no means am I an experiment on how they work. The reason being despite being brand new out of the box, the iPad was not hooked up and the pinball guy had to figure out where the plug went. Has anyone else received their TS4 with the iPad unplugged?

Yes, mine came that way too. Simple fix, just plug in the hdmi cable back into the tablet. Nothing to remove.

#1653 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm having a main LCD issue. Last night when I went to turn off my machine after sitting idle for a few hours, the main screen was blank/off. Thought it was weird, but I shut it down and figured I'd check it out again today after a restart. Turned on my TS4 this morning for the days festivities and the main screen didn't come on at all. Everything else works and I can start a game, but nothing on the main LCD screen. When I go into the menu, I can hear the menu buttons working, but nothing to see at all on the screen. I'm going to open it up and check cables, but has anybody else dealt with this at all?

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm having a main LCD issue. Last night when I went to turn off my machine after sitting idle for a few hours, the main screen was blank/off. Thought it was weird, but I shut it down and figured I'd check it out again today after a restart. Turned on my TS4 this morning for the days festivities and the main screen didn't come on at all. Everything else works and I can start a game, but nothing on the main LCD screen. When I go into the menu, I can hear the menu buttons working, but nothing to see at all on the screen. I'm going to open it up and check cables, but has anybody else dealt with this at all?

There has been quite a few posts of peoples HDMI cables coming loose.

#1655 1 year ago

Pulled the back glass and pulled out the LCD. Checked all connections for it and they we're all good. On the back of the monitor, there is a power light that is slow blinking, first to red, then to green, then off, over and over again. I wonder if that is giving me a fault code? I can't find anything in the manual about that though.

#1656 1 year ago

Is anyone elses TS4 CE about an inch higher than all your other pins? The feet pegs were screwed all the way in but it still is higher by about an inch compared to my other pins right next to it.

#1657 1 year ago

I would try a few things:
- Unplug and re-plug both ends of the HDMI cable
- Leave the HDMI cable unplugged, when the game turns on, I would assume you'd see some kind of message on the screen from the monitor (that its on, nothing plugged in, etc etc)
- If you got another HDMI cable hanging around, try swapping it in to rule out the cable being bad.

#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

- Leave the HDMI cable unplugged, when the game turns on, I would assume you'd see some kind of message on the screen from the monitor (that its on, nothing plugged in, etc etc)
- If you get another HDMI cable hanging around, try swapping it in to rule out the cable being bad.

I had similar issue on my P3 WAMOH and was certain was a loose connection (almost always the case). Drove me nuts. I swapped a new hdmi cable and totally fixed it. So was a faulty cable.

#1659 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving!
Tell my family again Toy Story 4 is a bad theme…lol

D0B3179A-2601-4AF4-A812-550510991ABD (resized).jpegD0B3179A-2601-4AF4-A812-550510991ABD (resized).jpeg
#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Happy Thanksgiving!
[quoted image]

Awesome picture! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too.

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Happy Thanksgiving!
[quoted image]

That 5 year old…checking their game status? Future world champ right there.

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

That 5 year old…checking their game status? Future world champ right there.

Actually he’s only 2 1/2 loves cradling the ball.

#1663 1 year ago

has anyone adjust the equalizer at all? if so could you post a pic of your settings?

#1664 1 year ago

Reposting in here as I redesigned Slink to be a bolt on mod that installs over the stock wireform and is sold as a kit. I also took creative liberties and added a bolt on animated Zurg on the left return ramp. His cannon arm is activated by the ball. I am currently trying to animate a Buzz with his jetpack on that left ramp, but still working on that. I know some owners dont go down the mod topics, so I just wanted to update these in here. Here is a video of Slink and Zurg in action. The glow in the dark Buzz is perfect replacement in right rear corner and easy to do on your own..

083C9DA5-EE5E-4EBE-9023-4250DF3C2C0E (resized).jpeg083C9DA5-EE5E-4EBE-9023-4250DF3C2C0E (resized).jpeg0D8C2E04-3B85-4210-B4A5-1CB76D82F938 (resized).jpeg0D8C2E04-3B85-4210-B4A5-1CB76D82F938 (resized).jpeg2280AD26-E20C-48DF-92ED-4CEEF968BAB8 (resized).jpeg2280AD26-E20C-48DF-92ED-4CEEF968BAB8 (resized).jpeg568FA51C-C875-4947-B6A1-73B5EF238257 (resized).jpeg568FA51C-C875-4947-B6A1-73B5EF238257 (resized).jpeg357E5332-3732-4637-B705-A95D31440186 (resized).jpeg357E5332-3732-4637-B705-A95D31440186 (resized).jpegB16630A0-F294-4BFA-870C-31CE771AC80D (resized).jpegB16630A0-F294-4BFA-870C-31CE771AC80D (resized).jpeg688BFCD9-0527-4EB9-8FB5-D1DAFE49F0D1 (resized).jpeg688BFCD9-0527-4EB9-8FB5-D1DAFE49F0D1 (resized).jpegEDF53516-0E35-4DC9-8DE8-01644345E98C (resized).jpegEDF53516-0E35-4DC9-8DE8-01644345E98C (resized).jpeg
#1665 1 year ago

So the CEs come with a topper then right? What do you use to cover your machine to protect it from the sun and dust?

#1666 1 year ago

Reposting in here as I redesigned Slink to be a bolt on mod that installs over the stock wireform and is sold as a kit. I also took creative liberties and added a bolt on animated Zurg on the left return ramp. His cannon arm is activated by the ball. I am currently trying to animate a Buzz with his jetpack on that left ramp, but still working on that. I know some owners dont go down the mod topics, so I just wanted to update these in here. Here is a video of Slink and Zurg in action. The glow in the dark Buzz is perfect replacement in right rear corner and easy to do on your own..

Is that Buzz from the movie Lightyear??
The hate for that movie is on a whole new level!!
That’s actually hated by people who like Toy Story 4.

#1667 1 year ago

- If you got another HDMI cable hanging around, try swapping it in to rule out the cable being bad.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them solved the problem, but I have figured it out. I hooked up a PC monitor to the HDMI cable and cycled power to the machine and everything worked and popped up as it should on the secondary monitor. So, it looks like my monitor is bad and I have opened a ticket with JJP to see about getting it replaced.

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

So the CEs come with a topper then right? What do you use to cover your machine to protect it from the sun and dust?

Pin should never be in direct sunlight and yes, CE’s come with the topper

#1669 1 year ago

Played this game for the first time last night and loved it. Most fun game I've played in a long time. I wish it would be put in a bar in my area.

#1670 1 year ago

Carnival wheel question: I was going to ask JJP for a new sticker for this because mine has a small nick in the extra ball section. Then I was looking through some other TS4 posts and I noticed that their sticker had the same notch. I then looked for all the photos I could find and this seems to be like this on all the ones I could find.

My question to all of you is this, is this a problem with all TS4s? And, if so, why?

Once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

ED70EE60-4EC5-4AE5-A9CA-0A9328491A6C (resized).jpegED70EE60-4EC5-4AE5-A9CA-0A9328491A6C (resized).jpeg
#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

My question to all of you is this, is this a problem with all TS4s? And, if so, why?

I don't have a game to check. Probably a spot where the wheel is indented for optos to read it.

LTG : )
Former jjp Tech

#1672 1 year ago

Mine has it too, probably just the spot for optos to read like LTG suggested. It's tiny, can barely see it.

PXL_20221128_225250717 (resized).jpgPXL_20221128_225250717 (resized).jpg
#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

It's tiny, can barely see it.

And of course the wheel isn't in the manual.

Where or where has Butch gone ? ( onto bigger and better things )

#1674 1 year ago

Carnival wheel question: I was going to ask JJP for a new sticker for this because mine has a small nick in the extra ball section. Then I was looking through some other TS4 posts and I noticed that their sticker had the same notch. I then looked for all the photos I could find and this seems to be like this on all the ones I could find.
Once you see it, you can’t unsee it.
[quoted image]

It's there so if you have to replace it the notch matches up with the wheel. 100% normal

#1675 1 year ago

It's there so if you have to replace it the notch matches up with the wheel. 100% normal

Probably more for the assemblers putting the games together. Most decals will never be replaced. Alignment is critical and there would be no way for them to tell which way to install it without the notches. Disk likely has one or more tabs underneath that passes through opto pairs to stop it in the right place.

#1676 1 year ago

Ok, I’ll go with the “it’s for alignment” explanation.

However, as an armchair pinball designer, I think I would have come up with a better way to align it that didn’t involve notching it. LOL.

#1677 1 year ago

correct, i sent an email asking about it and the response i received from Ken Holland
"If your referring to the notch on the " extra ball is lit " section of the disk it's a location index notch so the decal is applied in the right place on the disk.
Thank you,
Ken"

#1678 1 year ago

However, as an armchair pinball designer, I think I would have come up with a better way to align it that didn’t involve notching it.

Similar to what Pat did with the wheel on No Good Gofers.

#1679 1 year ago

I’m getting ready to run a want ad for a CE.

I would like to save someone their shipping charge, but lose their deposit.

Was the deposit 3k on the CE’s

#1680 1 year ago

$2500

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I’m getting ready to run a want ad for a CE.
I would like to save someone their shipping charge, but lose their deposit.
Was the deposit 3k on the CE’s

How kind lol.

#1682 1 year ago

Yeah lots of kind people here. Lol

Hold your ground people, stop giving this machine away.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

How kind lol.

Trying to recover from my Hollow Wein EEE

#1684 1 year ago

I’m going to be buying a (new in box) Toy Story 4 CE on December 11th. It’s only an hour and fifty minute drive to get to the person’s house. They sound really nice and asked me to play some pinball when I stop by to purchase the machine. I’m very excited!

#1685 1 year ago

Finally joined the club!!! Looks great next to Wonka CE! Anyone know if the red chrome molding on backbox is available anywhere? Would love to upgrade Wonka to match!

C5ADDD09-13ED-4241-AEC9-434E8DD1980C (resized).jpegC5ADDD09-13ED-4241-AEC9-434E8DD1980C (resized).jpeg
#1686 1 year ago

Waiting for help to get my Toy Story in!

0B04B642-9AC6-4787-BAF2-EA92554C1C60 (resized).jpeg0B04B642-9AC6-4787-BAF2-EA92554C1C60 (resized).jpeg
#1687 1 year ago

Has anyone installed the PinStadium Concert Edition in Toy Story?
Curious how it looks ? Is it ‘too much’ light/color ?
TIA

#1688 1 year ago

First impressions having the game at home. It took me several games to get into it. I’m a huge theme park fan so that part of the theme is what I actually like. I’ve never seen one minute of any of the movies (no lie) The game is absolutely stunning and fun to play. It feels completely different than a Stern which I typically only have since Woz. So far I’m happy. I also think it’s has gotten beat up way too much.
It’s a good game and it’s fun. Period

F2E371A6-8222-43C8-96B6-D96108F5808E (resized).jpegF2E371A6-8222-43C8-96B6-D96108F5808E (resized).jpeg
#1689 1 year ago

So who all is still waiting for their CE, direct from JJP? I haven't reached out to JJP yet, but figured I would have heard something by now. I figured they are shipping by area. I'm in CA.

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

So who all is still waiting for their CE, direct from JJP? I haven't reached out to JJP yet, but figured I would have heard something by now. I figured they are shipping by area. I'm in CA.

They had to do a run of GNR in the hope of making more money

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

It's not by location, depends on when you ordered it. I would reach out to sales and see where you are in the queue.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Has anyone installed the PinStadium Concert Edition in Toy Story?
Curious how it looks ? Is it ‘too much’ light/color ?
TIA

Tried this at the Expo and...well is awesome but believe me, its too much, you dont need extra illumination or extra effects in this pin. Appart from that, I have to say that the pinstadium worked with the pinball effects, which is awesome, but sometimes I didnt feel comfortable playing with it.

#1693 1 year ago

I joined the club last week and still in the process of getting it to play perfectly. That said, I have a few different things that I hope to get some advice from you all on how to fix/adjust:

1) Gabby Gabby doesn't register harder, direct hits. I found a post on this thread that discusses adjusting it by essentially bending the mech forward. Can anyone elaborate on that?

2) Most of my harder, direct shots ripping the woody spinner miss the saucer behind it. Upon further inspection, the backstop with the blue runner behind the saucer seems to deflect the ball to the right towards the mini flipper vs back into the saucer. Has anyone adjusted the backstop by bending it?

Thanks!

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I joined the club last week and still in the process of getting it to play perfectly. That said, I have a few different things that I hope to get some advice from you all on how to fix/adjust:
1) Gabby Gabby doesn't register harder, direct hits. I found a post on this thread that discusses adjusting it by essentially bending the mech forward. Can anyone elaborate on that?
2) Most of my harder, direct shots ripping the woody spinner miss the saucer behind it. Upon further inspection, the backstop with the blue runner behind the saucer seems to deflect the ball to the right towards the mini flipper vs back into the saucer. Has anyone adjusted the backstop by bending it?
Thanks!

for 2, have you recently waxed the PF? I find that when it is perfectly clean the ball is too fast and it will miss the saucer like you describe, sometimes going into the shooter lane even. Once the wax is broken in, it normalizes. All that to say, this game does not like to play fast.

#1695 1 year ago

I’ve played about 40 games so far. This game is better than most think. I was doubtful. I’m pleasantly surprised now. It’s a very good game and break from crazy fast madness that I’m used to.

#1696 1 year ago

I am in the club. Picked it up on Friday. Loving it so far.

4AC2BD60-A6D3-41CD-A5B9-33907653E43F (resized).jpeg4AC2BD60-A6D3-41CD-A5B9-33907653E43F (resized).jpeg8D1CD84B-768B-454D-980D-F6A725C4F815 (resized).jpeg8D1CD84B-768B-454D-980D-F6A725C4F815 (resized).jpeg

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

See

Quoted from flynnibus:

I did play around with Gabby more after keefer's comments. Mine was still rejecting hard shots pretty regularly. If it helps to think about how it works... the gabby head is connected at a pivot at the back/top of her head, and sticks her chin out towards the player to latch the drop target. So she doesn't go backwards to drop, but rather dips her chin. Based on keefer's comments, before I was trying to push the back of her head back.. but instead this time I tried to really pull her chin forward. I didn't get much play... but afterwards she was going down on every hit, even hard hits

#1698 1 year ago

Thanks for posting this, missed it earlier. gonna give this a try. Although I have adjusted my playing to always go for her cheeks instead of a front on shot, she drops every time that way.

#1699 1 year ago

It's not by location, depends on when you ordered it. I would reach out to sales and see where you are in the queue.

Yeah, will have to do that. Purchased it within a minute of it selling out from JJP. I saw their direct games started shipping months ago, so figured it would be soon after. Nothing.

#1700 1 year ago

Curious about other players... I suspect I'm just weird....

But after playing TS4 many times, having several good games, I find myself obsessing about the Bo-peep loops and so whenever I think of playing TS4, I immediately think about the small-flipper-loop shot. The game is all about that f'ing loop shot for me. It's not a bad shot mind you, but I'm starting to hate it because it's been blocking my progression in the game. The ramp shot should be central in my mind, it's FUN. But before I walk up to the game, my first thought is .... am I in the mood to start that mode and then hit 20 loops with that little flipper? Lately, turns out, I am not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.