IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 64.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

mine was like this too, i set the time to 40ms and that fixed it for me . i think the rollover switch could use some tweaking to soften the arch abit also.

Quoted from goldsmid:

I had this same issue. Was able to adjust the coil position from under the eplayfield so it was not rubbing on the edge of the playfield hole. Now it works as expected. At first, I thought there was an issue with the optos or the code starting the mode countdown early, but it was the physical misalignment of the coil and up-post.

thanks again, yes the pop up posts was indeed rubbing against the ramp assy. Too bad JJP drilled the whole in the assy in the wrong place and the post isn't exactly perfectly straight so it rubs on the edges as it rotates on its axis. Anyway, a little repositioning plus bending the coil assy less than a degree did the trick and now it is 100%. since it was working intermittently I thought it was a code issue, thank you for the suggestion. I had this happened before but its inconsistency here tricked me.
thanks!

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I bet the up-post that holds the ball is binding (on the ramp?) and flipping gives things enough of a shake to have it slide down

yes sir! thanks

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Also, when starting a mode the ball is not “released” until I flip… is this weird???

Adjust the position of the bracket holding the up post in the ramp. The post is binding against the ramp.

Edit: see you fixed it

Common out of box issue on ts4

#1504 1 year ago

Mine is a drain monster on the left.
It is perfectly levelled.

Sorry circling back on this - one thing I did - and I'll get a little hate for it but that's ok - is remove the white rubber bumper from the post between the two the left inlanes. For my family at home this has made the machine more enjoyable. I left the far left post as-is, where-is. There were too many balls bouncing up and down off that center inlane rubber over into the outlane drain. While I can nudge the machine to try and influence this, my wife and kids cannot. It's reduced those outlane drains by probably 20% or so I'd say. No other real impact on the game. It always felt like too large of a bumper there anyways, slightly blocking both inlane entrances.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Sorry circling back on this - one thing I did - and I'll get a little hate for it but that's ok - is remove the white rubber bumper from the post between the two the left inlanes. For my family at home this has made the machine more enjoyable. I left the far left post as-is, where-is. There were too many balls bouncing up and down off that center inlane rubber over into the outlane drain. While I can nudge the machine to try and influence this, my wife and kids cannot. It's reduced those outlane drains by probably 20% or so I'd say. No other real impact on the game. It always felt like too large of a bumper there anyways, slightly blocking both inlane entrances.

I use these on those tight inlanes that JJP likes to build:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

#1506 1 year ago

May be joining the club with a CE. Just curious, has anyone heard if JJP plans to expand upon the code? I thought I read someone saying that JJP is working on a new beta update.

#1507 1 year ago

In the club, just got NIB CE #592 into the game room! Traded my Ghostbusters Premium for it, enjoyed that game but wanted something different after 5 years. Will post some pictures once it’s up and running.

2369A690-813F-4B44-B8CA-9B9E57427530 (resized).jpeg2369A690-813F-4B44-B8CA-9B9E57427530 (resized).jpeg

#1508 1 year ago

the CE looks amazing, my friend has one and it is one of the prettiest machines I have seen. I have the LE and I have to say, it is nice too, but it is not the CE lol. There is something about the CE that just looks great.

I want to second the question about the code, I think somebody recently asked this and I did myself also, so sorry for the repeat question. I was thinking, is a new code update expected or the game considered complete now - which is weird would it not? -
I understand the code is ok now and it is very playable, but how much more are we expecting realistically or is this just wishful thinking? I guess what I am trying to figure it whether this is an official statement from JJP as to YES there is more code coming or not.

lol that was long winded! anyways, cheers!

#1509 1 year ago

Dang, I´ve bought like 2 sets of ring rubbers in different shops and none of them sent me the correct one for the left outlanes, which is supposed to be 3/8" OD POST, and they always sent a Ring or think that 7/16" OD fits there, and...no, 7/16" keeps the ball stuck between lanes :S

#1510 1 year ago

the CE looks amazing, my friend has one and it is one of the prettiest machines I have seen. I have the LE and I have to say, it is nice too, but it is not the CE lol. There is something about the CE that just looks great.
I want to second the question about the code, I think somebody recently asked this and I did myself also, so sorry for the repeat question. I was thinking, is a new code update expected or the game considered complete now - which is weird would it not? -
I understand the code is ok now and it is very playable, but how much more are we expecting realistically or is this just wishful thinking? I guess what I am trying to figure it whether this is an official statement from JJP as to YES there is more code coming or not.

Code is considered complete.

I would fully expect some rule tweaks, bug fixes, and some smaller updates along the way.

Things like changes around Bo Peep scene, the unlimited kickback, and an audio mixer are planned or likely.

However, I would not expect a big code changes. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, it is just unlikely.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Code is considered complete.
I would fully expect some rule tweaks, bug fixes, and some smaller updates along the way.
Things like changes around Bo Peep scene, the unlimited kickback, and an audio mixer are planned or likely.
However, I would not expect a big code changes. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, it is just unlikely.

Katz told us that they plan to do so, but not in the near future.

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Katz told us that they plan to do so, but not in the near future.

tell us more details please minor updates or major?

#1513 1 year ago

tell us more details please minor updates or major?

We were drinking beers while in Enterrium in the last Pinball Expo, just asked if they were planning new updates, he answered, "sure, but not in the near future, not right now"

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In the club, just got NIB CE #592 into the game room! Traded my Ghostbusters Premium for it, enjoyed that game but wanted something different after 5 years. Will post some pictures once it’s up and running.
[quoted image]

Was this the one for $13K in Saginaw?

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Was this the one for $13K in Saginaw?

No, I almost got that one but would have needed to sell my Ghostbusters first. Another Pinsider a lot closer to me reached out and we did a trade for my Ghostbusters Premium for the NIB Toy Story CE.

#1516 1 year ago

Has anyone here tried centering their Benson posts? The left one on my game is very close to one of the sides of the playfield, definitely off centered. Just don’t want to run the risk of it rubbing against the wood and causing any damage.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

We were drinking beers while in Enterrium in the last Pinball Expo, just asked if they were planning new updates, he answered, "sure, but not in the near future, not right now"

Well maybe it will be on the same time line as Potc.....so maybe 3 years for a Ts update

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone here tried centering their Benson posts? The left one on my game is very close to one of the sides of the playfield, definitely off centered. Just don’t want to run the risk of it rubbing against the wood and causing any damage.

I don't think it's possible to get them perfectly center. There is too much wiggle room between the coil sleeve and the plunger for them not to rest on one side of the playfield.

I could be wrong though.

#1519 1 year ago

Small white led (black cable) has dropped down from the right ramp somewhere, any ideas where it’s meant to go/what’s it’s meant to light up??
Thank you

9702CB49-3D39-4A55-A260-6EBCFD388D87 (resized).jpeg9702CB49-3D39-4A55-A260-6EBCFD388D87 (resized).jpegA52F07FD-CB0F-473D-9B8B-249BDDB1735E (resized).jpegA52F07FD-CB0F-473D-9B8B-249BDDB1735E (resized).jpeg
#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

ny ideas where it’s meant to go/what’s it’s meant to light up??

See picture posted in the gallery for this thread.

LTG : )

bba5ba7855d10aac176fd44daba7faaee756ca94 (resized).jpgbba5ba7855d10aac176fd44daba7faaee756ca94 (resized).jpg
#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Thank you LTG.

#1522 1 year ago

Some changes for second time through game and different final wizard mode would be nice. Getting there isn’t too terribly hard, but doing second time with woody seems challenging. I’d love to have a RTTH (maiden) type near impossible long term goal. Even if it meant just tweaking some of exiting modes (mandatory completion of certain modes, more SJs need or whatever)

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

How is that yellow figure attached to the bunny?

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

How is that yellow figure attached to the bunny?

No idea. You'd have to ask who ever stuck it there.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea. You'd have to ask who ever stuck it there.

I did…no reply…

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I did…no reply…

Drilled a hole and a small wood screw. Sorry if I missed a question somewhere!

#1527 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue on the left side of the game the multi ball lock for carnival MB;

After I hit the qualifying shot and the door opens whenever i shoot a ball in there it’s getting stuck right where the door goes down….

Seems like this could be a common issue and have no clue how to fix it

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Anyone have an issue on the left side of the game the multi ball lock for carnival MB;
After I hit the qualifying shot and the door opens whenever i shoot a ball in there it’s getting stuck right where the door goes down….

Door? Drop down target?
If the ball is sitting over the drop down target edge the target is either too high or too low and trapping the ball.
It needs to be adjusted.

Show us a pic of the “door”

#1529 1 year ago

The door is right where it says “lock 3” lit

The ball is getting stuck when it’s in the down position after qualifying

6440AF55-2840-4998-A301-32716F598BA0 (resized).jpeg6440AF55-2840-4998-A301-32716F598BA0 (resized).jpeg
#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

Drop target
From the photo it seems The drop target needs adjusted. It sits too low. It causes a divot or ball trap for your ball to get stuck in. That is my guess. It can be adjusted from underside of the playfield

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

Sounds like you are new so dont be afraid to ask if you do not know how to adjust this.
Please ask, but I recommend you look under the pf and take a look first. If still in doubt please ask.

#1532 1 year ago

Sounds like you are new so dont be afraid to ask if you do not know how to adjust this.
Please ask, but I recommend you look under the pf and take a look first. If still in doubt please ask.

I am brand new I don’t feel confident enough to do it on my own; but my tech is coming to fix a bunch of stuff Monday I’ll add this to the list as it will probably be an easy fix for him but take me hours to figure out … but yes you are correct I have no idea how to do this just gathering as much data and education possible

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am brand new I don’t feel confident enough to do it on my own; but my tech is coming to fix a bunch of stuff Monday I’ll add this to the list as it will probably be an easy fix for him but take me hours to figure out … but yes you are correct I have no idea how to do this just gathering as much data and education

possible

If you live near one of us fellow Pinsiders most of would be happy to stop by and give you a hand with it.

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am brand new I don’t feel confident enough to do it on my own; but my tech is coming to fix a bunch of stuff Monday I’ll add this to the list as it will probably be an easy fix for him but take me hours to figure out … but yes you are correct I have no idea how to do this just gathering as much data and education possible

Understood. We all start some where.

This will help you know what to do.

See picture. It's not in the manual so I can't direct you there. I miss Butch. Ignore red arrow. See yellow arrows. They point to a screw at the bottom of the drop target assembly. Turning this raises or lowers the drop target. The top of it should be level with the playfield so balls don't get stuck there or bounce across it.

Easy couple minute fix. Your tech should get it right easily.

Call jjp and let them know to get Butch and LTG : ) back.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG
#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

If you live near one of us fellow Pinsiders most of would be happy to stop by and give you a hand with it.

I’m in south Florida if anyone is nearby I would love to get connected locally with people ; I’ve been doing it all myself and it would be nice to have some pinball friends

#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Understood. We all start some where.
This will help you know what to do.
See picture. It's not in the manual so I can't direct you there. I miss Butch. Ignore red arrow. See yellow arrows. They point to a screw at the bottom of the drop target assembly. Turning this raises or lowers the drop target. The top of it should be level with the playfield so balls don't get stuck there or bounce across it.
Easy couple minute fix. Your tech should get it right easily.
Call jjp and let them know to get Butch and LTG : ) back.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the help yet again LTG when I call JJP I’ll send them the feedback ; you are consistently there to help out with issues I and many other are having

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m in south Florida if anyone is nearby I would love to get connected locally with people ; I’ve been doing it all myself and it would be nice to have some pinball friends

Unfortunately I’m quite a ways away. You could look at the pin map on here to see the Pinsiders near you and start reaching out.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

mine did this also. i lifted to play field to the first position ( first rubber feet on the metal rails)and adjusted the screw that ltg posted until it was flush-ish. i also had to bend the assembly bracket as it seemed as it had drooped forward in shipping.

#1539 1 year ago

Howdy partners. I just joined the club by picking up a barely used LE. Thankfully, I read through most of this topic because I ran into almost all the issues that have been brought up here.
The most frustrating thing I ran into was the shooter rod. It was too high. I first tried lowering it by loosening the three screws that hold it in place. Then, I bent down the playfield hooks to raise it up. I went as high as possible until I started to get interference with the glass. Still not enough. Finally, I put a shim under the bottom of the shooter assembly to tilt it down and that solved it.
It sure feels like the hole the the shooter rod goes through is about 1/4” too high.

I also had to adjust the duke ramp and the carnival wheel height along with a few other small issues.

Now that I’ve got everything dialed in, I’m really enjoying the game, I just need to understand the rules.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has figured out all the issues before me.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

Howdy partners. I just joined the club by picking up a barely used LE. Thankfully, I read through most of this topic because I ran into almost all the issues that have been brought up here.
The most frustrating thing I ran into was the shooter rod. It was too high. I first tried lowering it by loosening the three screws that hold it in place. Then, I bent down the playfield hooks to raise it up. I went as high as possible until I started to get interference with the glass. Still not enough. Finally, I put a shim under the bottom of the shooter assembly to tilt it down and that solved it.
It sure feels like the hole the the shooter rod goes through is about 1/4” too high.
I also had to adjust the duke ramp and the carnival wheel height along with a few other small issues.
Now that I’ve got everything dialed in, I’m really enjoying the game, I just need to understand the rules.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who has figured out all the issues before me.

My shooter rod from the factory also wouldn't make it around the ramp. That being said, the weaker strike on the ball makes the skill shot much more attainable. It's still very difficult, but not too difficult that it's frustrating.

In settings you can turn on the flippers to launch the ball with the auto plunger. Hence, with that setting turned on, if I want a full plunge, I use the flipper. If I want to go for the skill shot or need the loop for some reason, I use the plunger.

Just another option for people who don't want to take the time to adjust the plunger.

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:My shooter rod from the factory also wouldn't make it around the ramp. That being said, the weaker strike on the ball makes the skill shot much more attainable. It's still very difficult, but not too difficult that it's frustrating.
In settings you can turn on the flippers to launch the ball with the auto plunger. Hence, with that setting turned on, if I want a full plunge, I use the flipper. If I want to go for the skill shot or need the loop for some reason, I use the plunger.
Just another option for people who don't want to take the time to adjust the plunger.

I hadn't thought of this. I went with a stronger spring for mine. That's a good option for sure.

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I hadn't thought of this. I went with a stronger spring for mine. That's a good option for sure.

where is the post to adjust the shooter, mine could use a hair more power to plunge around the orbit.

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

My shooter rod from the factory also wouldn't make it around the ramp. That being said, the weaker strike on the ball makes the skill shot much more attainable. It's still very difficult, but not too difficult that it's frustrating.

If you haven’t already, take a look and see if you’re hitting the ball squarely in the middle. I can make it easily around the loop now. Also, with a clean strike on the ball, I feel like it’s easier to do a repeatable “calibrated” skill shot attempt.
I was having interference with the auto plunger when I started, so I just kept fiddling until I got it all squared up.

In case you’re interested, I used a small foam piece under the bottom support piece just under where the lower screw goes on the shooter assembly as my shim. I can take a picture if my description doesn’t make any sense.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from Runswithscissors:

If you haven’t already, take a look and see if you’re hitting the ball squarely in the middle. I can make it easily around the loop now. Also, with a clean strike on the ball, I feel like it’s easier to do a repeatable “calibrated” skill shot attempt.
I was having interference with the auto plunger when I started, so I just kept fiddling until I got it all squared up.
In case you’re interested, I used a small foam piece under the bottom support piece just under where the lower screw goes on the shooter assembly as my shim. I can take a picture if my description doesn’t make any sense.

I did this as well so its lined up perfectly in the middle of the ball. Stock spring still would not send it around so I went with a stiffer one.

#1545 1 year ago

Woah wait a second your telling me when you plunge the ball every time you can make it go up and loop around the wire forms?!?! I wonder if my shooter spring is low I can never get it out and looping ; that would make my game so much better…

Where is the setting under settings for the auto plunge option ???

Tech is coming by in 1.5 hrs might have him check this out as well other tweaks

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

This from the manual :

Auto-Launch Timeout: specify whether the game will auto-launch a served ball from the shooter
lane, after a designated period of time or not.
30, 60, 90: 30, 60 & 90 second auto-lanch Default: OFF
OFF: never auto-launch a served ball

Flipper Auto-Launch: specify whether the flipper buttons can be used to launch a served ball into
play or not.
LEFT FLIPPER: left button launches ball Default: OFF
RIGHT FLIPPER: right button launches ball
EITHER FLIPPER: either button launches ball
BOTH FLIPPERS: both buttons, simultaneously pressed, launch ball
OFF: flipper buttons don't launch ball

Sorry I don't have a game to check in the game itself for any others.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Woah wait a second your telling me when you plunge the ball every time you can make it go up and loop around the wire forms?!?! I wonder if my shooter spring is low I can never get it out and looping ; that would make my game so much better…

Yes, hard plunge should send it up around the right ramp/wire form. If its not, I would make sure the plunger is hitting the ball right in the middle and isnt hitting up against anything on the way.

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

i changed our the small barrel spring on the end of the shooter for a shorter one and can make the ramp every time.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You get 3 chances at the skill shot and then the autoplunger will send the ball up the right ramp and around to the right flipper. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you saying you'd rather just full plunge everytime?? Why wouldn't you go for the skill shot everytime instead? 3 skill shots made lites extra ball.

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah, it goes smoothly around the loop and into the wire form. I would check to see if you’re hitting the ball a little high since that seems to be a common issue with these machines. I don’t do that very often since I’m usually trying (unsuccessfully) to get the skill shot. But I have wanted it to come straight to the right flipper a few times and had no problems with a hard launch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.