IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 64.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone else get stuck with a machine that had the lockbar receiver mounted way too high on the front of the cabinet? Mine is mounted flush with the top of the wood such that the glass scrapes across it and the lockbar sits about 3/8" above the side rails. Unfortunately going to have to drill out the lockbar receiver mounting points to drop it lower into the cabinet given its height is largely dictated by the bolts running through the front of the cabinet......ugh. Other than that I've had zero gameplay issues in the first 50 games, which is amazing by any manufacturers standards.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The lockbar height is dictated by the 2 brass screws on the lockbar just like any williams game.
If the screw is too tall it will scratch the glass.
The lowe it is, the tighter the bar will lock down, adjust and test slowly until you find the proper setting.

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The lockbar height is dictated by the 2 brass screws on the lockbar just like any williams game.
If the screw is too tall it will scratch the glass.
The lowe it is, the tighter the bar will lock down, adjust and test slowly until you find the proper setting.

There have been issues with not just the lockbar adjustment, but the physical placement of the whole receiver assembly. The screws adjust the resting position of the lockbar vs the receiver, but if the reciever itself is placed too high, you can't adjust the screws low enough to clear the glass and still have the lockbar lock properly.

Our game came with the glass literally unable to be removed from the game because they adjusted the screws taller to make the lockbar work better, but didn't bother to notice the glass no longer could come out.

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Can you name at least 2 exclusive Bo Peep call-outs??

"Good shot kid!"

"you got it Ace!"

"go for the ___ (i cant remember the last word on that one )"

or something along those lines. you guys know IMDN well, i'm sure, and the female voice actor is so necessary to that game. Here, as with Maiden, the main voice is exceptional (both male voice actors did very well with the game), and the female voice actors on each game add something intangible, but so enjoyable, to the sound and feel of the game. Another great example is Road Show, another Lawlor classic. RS wouldn't be the same without Red's voice, IMO. Wonka is severely lacking for that reason; I have the standard edition Wonka.

I suppose I'm a sucker for the wonderful sound of a female voice.

#1454 1 year ago

has anyone figured out what activates the duke wheel on the topper ?? i can make that shot up to 4 times in a row and no topper movement it tests fine in menu and no error either.

#1455 1 year ago

I was cleaning this game yesterday…

Has anyone figured what is the corrct way of removing the screen inside? There is a ribbon cable that runs from the screen to a board undernewt the bracket that holds the screen…

So it aeems a bit finicky and fragile…

Before I rip that ribbon off the wrong way was hoping for some advice… I like to cleqn my games often and the screen would need to come off to have access to the ramps

#1456 1 year ago

Hi All
Left ramp, Carnival Mode. When lit, changes Blue / Yellow (with flippers), and the odd Red. I know these are the different modes you can do, but whats the difference in the Modes (blue vs yellow vs red), blue easy than yellow, get carnival lock lit on a blue vs yellow?? Hope this makes sense .
Thank you

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

has anyone figured out what activates the duke wheel on the topper ?? i can make that shot up to 4 times in a row and no topper movement it tests fine in menu and no error either.

Mine goes off on the very first jump ramp completed in a game. It also goes through the whole wheel if you complete the Duke Caboom scene.

Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Left ramp, Carnival Mode. When lit, changes Blue / Yellow (with flippers), and the odd Red. I know these are the different modes you can do, but whats the difference in the Modes (blue vs yellow vs red), blue easy than yellow, get carnival lock lit on a blue vs yellow?? Hope this makes sense .
Thank you

I personally don't understand your question. If you're able to phrase it differently, it might help.

#1458 1 year ago

My topper goes off when I hit the Caboom ramp….it’s very quick though, you need to immediately look up or you’ll miss it. I’ve drained a few balls trying to catch it.

#1459 1 year ago

It could be. I don't have one to check. Hopefully someone has done this and can help you.

LTG : )

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

"Good shot kid!"
"you got it Ace!"
"go for the __ (i cant remember the last word on that one )"
or something along those lines. you guys know IMDN well, i'm sure, and the female voice actor is so necessary to that game. Here, as with Maiden, the main voice is exceptional (both male voice actors did very well with the game), and the female voice actors on each game add something intangible, but so enjoyable, to the sound and feel of the game. Another great example is Road Show, another Lawlor classic. RS wouldn't be the same without Red's voice, IMO. Wonka is severely lacking for that reason; I have the standard edition Wonka.
I suppose I'm a sucker for the wonderful sound of a female voice.

Thanks but to be clear, there ARE Bo callouts in the LE version too…I’m curious which ones are exclusive to the CE…

#1461 1 year ago

I was cleaning this game yesterday…
Has anyone figured what is the corrct way of removing the screen inside? There is a ribbon cable that runs from the screen to a board undernewt the bracket that holds the screen…
Before I rip that ribbon off the wrong way was hoping for some advice… I like to cleqn my games often and the screen would need to come off to have access to the ramps

he shows how to remove in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-4-wireforms-and-slink-mod-started-

#1462 1 year ago

Quick! Where does the topper plug in? Many thank yous in advance

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I'm sorry I don't have one to check. And manual doesn't cover it.

Maybe search the Willy Wonka thread for connector pictures and see if your game has anything like that in the backbox ?

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Follow the blue wires on the left of the backbox (they may be bundled up in lower left of box). The power for the topper will plug into this one and then run the USB cable to the right side of back box and plug into open USB port on the computer. Not in front of my machine otherwise I'd send you some pictures.

#1465 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Follow the blue wires on the left of the backbox (they may be bundled up in lower left of box). The power for the topper will plug into this one and then run the USB cable to the right side of back box and plug into open USB port on the computer. Not in front of my machine otherwise I'd send you some pictures.

You may have to move one of the existing USB cables…when I went to plug mine in it’s seemed like there were no available ports, but it’s because they skipped the middle one.

#1466 1 year ago

This may be a stupid question but can someone for the love of god please tell me what is the correct rubber flippers to replace my rubber that’s worn with;

Do you have a link or know dimensions of the rubber for the game?

I am trying to order a set but have no clue;

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Do you have a link or know dimensions of the rubber for the game?

Yes.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I am trying to order a set but have no clue;

It's top secret. I could tell you but then you have to let jjp know to get LTG : ) Back !

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5770 You can order at the bottom of the chart.

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
Thank you

So you collect tickets. As you collect tickets more carnival modes become available to start. You can see this on the backbox 2nd to left square at the top. This is also something that can be seen in the tablet but my memory is pretty bad. Anyway at the bottom of the square that is displaying the next carnival mode (backbox or tablet) you will see dots and from left to right. If you have enough tickets to start the mode the dot for that mode will be a different color than the modes that are not available because you don't have enough tickets. As you flip through the modes, with your flippers, you will see the dots light corresponding to each available mode and the lights on the left ramp will change as well for each available mode. The modes that cost more tickets are supposed to be harder but also have better point scoring potential for completing them. The same mode can cost more tickets at different points in the game and be harder or easier. For me, the Forky targets only mode is the hardest.
Also try to combo your way through the modes. Surprises and points await your dexterity.

This should help with your question and I hope others will correct me where I got it wrong.

#1469 1 year ago

I did not finish cleaning as I would have liked… after anakyzing all the work needed to remove the Caboom ramps, I quit and it was late lol, but it is 99.9 clean and waxed.

First, the flippers are finally snappy or is my game just too waxy still?

Need help dialing it in:

Noticed that when shooting the woody saucer the ball will not always go in the saucer but often just bounce and off to the side, is the woody shot suppsed to be a 100% shot in tbe saucer every time??

Unrelated to the above, noticed the saucer feeds the orbit a little too harshly, so the ball does not get to the mini flipper as smoothly as it could. I have reduced the coil strength to the lowest setting but not much improvement

Any tips?
☺️

#1470 1 year ago

Much better…..

19A7E166-64E2-4631-862C-273EBC948F5D (resized).jpeg19A7E166-64E2-4631-862C-273EBC948F5D (resized).jpegE24A9608-616F-4444-8FF5-0906EC63D94D (resized).jpegE24A9608-616F-4444-8FF5-0906EC63D94D (resized).jpeg
#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Thanks but to be clear, there ARE Bo callouts in the LE version too…I’m curious which ones are exclusive to the CE…

I did not know that. I'm glad she is in the LE; it is such a good feature! her voice is a perfect complement to tim allen. I'm glad JJP decided to offer that on LE.

#1472 1 year ago

Unrelated to the above, noticed the saucer feeds the orbit a little too harshly, so the ball does not get to the mini flipper as smoothly as it could. I have reduced the coil strength to the lowest setting but not much improvement
Any tips?
☺️

Strangely, I ended up increaseing the kick out strength. I also had to adjust (and tighten down carefully) the one way gate right above the upper right flipper. I pushed it up a little so that when it comes out of the saucer, it hits the rail, bounces off the gate and then feeds the flipper perfectly 80% of the time.

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

It's top secret. I could tell you but then you have to let jjp know to get LTG : ) Back !
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5770 You can order at the bottom of the chart.

Thank you so much for the link

#1474 1 year ago

Anyone having issues on the playfield screen showing up blank? 1 in 3 times of turning the machine on, the playfield is completely blank. Rebooting usually fixes it but there are times I have to do a few reboots.

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Anyone having issues on the playfield screen showing up blank?

There must be an ethernet cable going to the B.A.G. board, or a mini USB cable to it. I'd start by reseating them and be sure they are pushed in tight.

#1476 1 year ago

Owners!

Woody saucer:

Are shots supposed to not always go into the saucer?
Mine does not, seems odd.

Too much flipper power? I reset to factory settings, supposedly this resets coil power no?

Please help

#1477 1 year ago

Too much flipper power? I reset to factory settings, supposedly this resets coil power no?

Factory settings might be too strong.

Go into Settings - Coils - and lower them.

#1480 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Looks great but that price, yikes!

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Looks great but that price, yikes!

Have you seen the price on pinstadiums ? I was all in on those.... but 700.00 for some leds on steroids. they are awesome looking and maybe if i seen them in person. but thats a big pill to swallow.( says the guy who spent 3,000 for a elite topper for my pirates) lol

#1482 1 year ago

Owners!
Woody saucer:
Please help

I've played 3 different machines and that is pretty normal. A good 25% of the shots to that spinner don't end up in saucer. I believe there is a wire form to force it to the right flipper.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I've played 3 different machines and that is pretty normal. A good 25% of the shots to that spinner don't end up in saucer. I believe there is a wire form to force it to the right flipper.

I would say that my % is way higher, almost like 25% does go to the saucer and 75% will not.
There is not much to adjust there... I will try to take a slow motion video tonight and see if I pick up where it is bouncing off.
I played a CE last week and I do not recall this shot being so unreliable.

#1484 1 year ago

Owners!
Woody saucer:
Please help

Mine jumps out 1 in 6-7 times maybe. Usually when I crank a shot off the fly or something. Hasn’t really bothered me enough to troubleshoot

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Mine jumps out 1 in 6-7 times maybe. Usually when I crank a shot off the fly or something. Hasn’t really bothered me enough to troubleshoot

that is less than maybe 20%? soooo yeah, I need to adjust something in mine I guess...
Only thing that comes to mind is the wire form in front of the saucer maybe acting as a spring somewhere... needing to be bent either forward to backwards... there is not anything else there to adjust??
Really scratching my head on this one, I am usually very good at tuning a game out... I guess a slow motion video will be my only choice.

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Anyone having issues on the playfield screen showing up blank? 1 in 3 times of turning the machine on, the playfield is completely blank. Rebooting usually fixes it but there are times I have to do a few reboots.

I had this issue and replacing the hdmi cable fixed it for me

#1487 1 year ago

Well, this rule set is starting to grow on me. Just have to appreciate quality over quantity, not just on the experience but also how well I play each mode

I was just playing carnival multiball and I got at 1+ M ducky and bunny jackpot. Anyone know how to activate that? Not covered in the tilt forums rulesheet.

#1488 1 year ago

Can someone sanity check me on something? I was looking at my outlane audits and my left outlane drains were 10x the center or right drains. I can take a screenshot later…. But with about 250 games the left outlane was getting a major workout - and I mean major.

#1489 1 year ago

The wrath of Lawler. Same 'phenomenon ' with DI and Wonka. Really frustrating.

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Can someone sanity check me on something? I was looking at my outlane audits and my left outlane drains were 10 the center or right drains. I can take a screenshot later…. But with about 250 games the left outlane was getting a major workout - and I mean major.

Mine is a drain monster on the left.
It is perfectly levelled.

#1491 1 year ago

Has anybody figured why is the kickback so unreliable. I find it sometimes gets the ball but often times it does not.

Also reporting back about my issue with the saucer, it has calmed down after 50 or so games, so it was mostly the freshly waxed pf. I have also watched other games play exactly like mine.

And last, has anybody else heard anything about upcoming code changes? I would like to see it get deeper or wider.

#1492 1 year ago

Mine is a drain monster on the left.
It is perfectly levelled.

What’s the location of your lane post?

4C1E0161-8852-48E6-BC35-8EE25B22206A (resized).jpeg4C1E0161-8852-48E6-BC35-8EE25B22206A (resized).jpeg
#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

What’s the location of your lane post?[quoted image]

The one over

#1494 1 year ago

Has anybody figured why is the kickback so unreliable. I find it sometimes gets the ball but often times it does not.

Coil sleeve in the coil ? Thing that kicks the ball hitting the center of the ball ? Timing in adjustments right ?

I don't have one to check but you'd think it could be made better.

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coil sleeve in the coil ? Thing that kicks the ball hitting the center of the ball ? Timing in adjustments right ?
I don't have one to check but you'd think it could be made better.

Coil is good, thingy inside moves freely by hand, looks in good shape.
I restored a full install of the code to see if this would solve it, also thought the ball guide next to it was rubbing but no.
My friend’s CE does the same.

Also, when starting a mode the ball is not “released” until I flip… is this weird???
Today also my game drained a ball after shooting the scoop (only happened once)

These look like bugs to me, specially after a full re-install.
It was doing all these things (minus drain at the scoop before the full reinstall too)

#1496 1 year ago

Also, when starting a mode the ball is not “released” until I flip… is this weird???

I bet the up-post that holds the ball is binding (on the ramp?) and flipping gives things enough of a shake to have it slide down

#1497 1 year ago

Also reporting back about my issue with the saucer, it has calmed down after 50 or so games, so it was mostly the freshly waxed pf. I have also watched other games play exactly like mine.
And last, has anybody else heard anything about upcoming code changes? I would like to see it get deeper or wider.

mine was like this too, i set the time to 40ms and that fixed it for me . i think the rollover switch could use some tweaking to soften the arch abit also.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I bet the up-post that holds the ball is binding (on the ramp?) and flipping gives things enough of a shake to have it slide down

I had this same issue. Was able to adjust the coil position from under the eplayfield so it was not rubbing on the edge of the playfield hole. Now it works as expected. At first, I thought there was an issue with the optos or the code starting the mode countdown early, but it was the physical misalignment of the coil and up-post.

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

I had this same issue. Was able to adjust the coil position from under the eplayfield so it was not rubbing on the edge of the playfield hole. Now it works as expected. At first, I thought there was an issue with the optos or the code starting the mode countdown early, but it was the physical misalignment of the coil and up-post.

Thanks fellas!
I will check out the coil, it might be rubbing slightly!

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Much better…..
[quoted image][quoted image]

How is the yellow figure attached?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/30?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.