IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 64.
#1251 1 year ago

Absolutely love love love this Pin! It's a piece of art, it should be hanging on the wall. The CE is amazing!!

Bo Peeps Loops. Where on either screen does it show me how many I need??

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Was able to play a few games on Toy Story 4 at the York show thanks to Cointaker.

Stop in NoVA - we've had it all along

#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stop in NoVA - we've had it all along

I know, but I'm not driving into Northern VA if I can help it. I've tried to convince myself to make the trip, but honestly it is not an enjoyable drive from my area to that area. Lack of local locations is what made me just start buying new.

#1254 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I know, but I'm not driving into Northern VA if I can help it. I've tried to convince myself to make the trip, but honestly it is not an enjoyable drive from my area to that area. Lack of local locations is what made me just start buying new.

Nah its a nice pretty drive down rt9 and you don’t have to hit any high traffic areas Just come opposite the wv commuter hours. Ocelot is minutes off Rt28 or rt 50 and only about 25mins from Leesburg. Hit me up and I’ll meet you over there sometime.

#1255 1 year ago

Does anyone have a Wonka CE and TS CE side by side? Curious how that might look.

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Does anyone have a Wonka CE and TS CE side by side? Curious how that might look.

I have mine in different locations in the house. I think someone posted the lockdown bars side by side. Quite similar. I think they would look great next to one another.

#1257 1 year ago

how do you pick to play as buzz or woody? that my friend benson mode really puts a wrench in the gears!

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Absolutely love love love this Pin! It's a piece of art, it should be hanging on the wall. The CE is amazing!!
Bo Peeps Loops. Where on either screen does it show me how many I need??

Once it’s qualified off the wheel the center of the screen will tell you how many are left.

#1259 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Once it’s qualified off the wheel the center of the screen will tell you how many are left.

OK, so you have to quality super loops on the spinning wheel to even start Bo Peep Loops??

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I have a Wonka LE and TS CE which might give you an idea.

IMG_0793 (resized).jpgIMG_0793 (resized).jpg
#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

OK, so you have to quality super loops on the spinning wheel to even start Bo Peep Loops??

Yes. The wheel lights the Bo peep loop in a rainbow color to the activate it. Only after activating it, does the countdown of loops begin to qualify it. Or you can get 3 in a row to complete it, but still has to be after activating it.

Qualifying it means the insert will blink and you can proceed to meet me at the carousel if you qualify all others too. Completing it means it’s qualified and it gives you a multiplier during meet me at the carousel.

All of the solid (complete) inserts to the left of the center one give you extra chances, all of the inserts to the right give you multipliers on the mode. Or maybe it’s the other way around.

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

how do you pick to play as buzz or woody? that my friend benson mode really puts a wrench in the gears!

I don't think you choose.

You play as Buzz the first time until you play the carousal mode. Then you play as Woody, trying to get him through the carousal too.

If your objective is to 'beat' the game. Then you must work your way through the carousal twice in one game.

The objectives become harder the second time around when you play as Woody.

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Yes. The wheel lights the Bo peep loop in a rainbow color to the activate it. Only after activating it, does the countdown of loops begin to qualify it. Or you can get 3 in a row to complete it, but still has to be after activating it.
Qualifying it means the insert will blink and you can proceed to meet me at the carousel if you qualify all others too. Completing it means it’s qualified and it gives you a multiplier during meet me at the carousel.
All of the solid (complete) inserts to the left of the center one give you extra chances, all of the inserts to the right give you multipliers on the mode. Or maybe it’s the other way around.

Thank you @rob3. I've been hitting the loops and wondering why - doh!.
Thanks again.

Really loving this Pin!

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I don't think you choose.
You play as Buzz the first time until you play the carousal mode. Then you play as Woody, trying to get him through the carousal too.
If your objective is to 'beat' the game. Then you must work your way through the carousal twice in one game.
The objectives become harder the second time around when you play as Woody.

I’ve played both woody and buzz but never got there twice in one game, so it’s either random or something determines it.

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

0E8A097F-D809-49C0-8056-C94D3571EEB9 (resized).jpeg0E8A097F-D809-49C0-8056-C94D3571EEB9 (resized).jpeg
#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

Not a TS CE

Think he wants a color comparison of the reds.

#1267 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Not a TS CE
Think he wants a color comparison of the reds.

That was offered a while back in this thread fyi.

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

That was offered a while back in this thread fyi.

Yup

#1269 1 year ago

Thank you PinMonk.
I couldn’t figure that out for the life of me.

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

That is the joke. It is an intentionally quirky play on funnel cake.
If it wasn't intentional, they wouldn't have made the artwork all be fennel plants. Plus, have you looked at the other side? This stand also sells, 'Knotchos' and 'Sawsages'.
That being said, they definitely could've used this space for something better.

I fully agree. This is the same with Willy Wonka. The diverter cover is poorly covered using cheap vinyl stickers which loosely bears the resemblance of a "factory" which is not derivative of the film whatsoever. They could've decorated the "box" on each game with something way better. A shame in both cases.

I say, remove the stickers, and hire a talented artist to hand paint the "box" with something relevant to the theme of the game. I'm lucky enough to be living with one such artistic talented woman who can transform both items into something befitting and artistic which might have been used. on wonka, we could paint a stack of Wonka candy boxes such as Gobstooppers, nerds, or Runts. On TS, we could make that into a toy box of sorts with Andys name on it.

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

This is the same with Willy Wonka. The diverter cover is poorly covered using cheap vinyl stickers which loosely bears the resemblance of a "factory" which is not derivative of the film whatsoever.

You're wrong.

What's on the so-called "butter box" on the Wonka pin is the entrance to the factory that Wonka comes out of and does the somersault.
The mods which turn this into a smog factory are not derivative of the film.

#1272 1 year ago

Could have been better executed on both Wonka and TS4

#1273 1 year ago

loosely bears the resemblance of a "factory" which is not derivative of the film whatsoever.

57c852294121f.image.png57c852294121f.image.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-11 at 8.51.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-11 at 8.51.39 AM.png
#1274 1 year ago

I was in a hotel last night and Willy Wonka happened to be playing on a movie channel. Perfect night cap movie. Love it every time I watch the film as it does not get old.

#1275 1 year ago

I bought my TS CE through the JJP website and I received an email from Jen yesterday my #15 is ready for shipping. I am pretty excited for it to arrive, but for everyone else who also bought their TS CE through JJP I assume this means they are finishing up the orders from distributors as those went first and now are getting to in house orders.

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I bought my TS CE through the JJP website and I received an email from Jen yesterday my #15 is ready for shipping. I am pretty excited for it to arrive, but for everyone else who also bought their TS CE through JJP I assume this means they are finishing up the orders from distributors as those went first and now are getting to in house orders.

lol they must pull numbers out of a hat like a draw, got mine a week ago and its #680.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

lol they must pull numbers out of a hat like a draw, got mine a week ago and its #680.

I picked #15 as I wanted #11 to match my WW CE, but they said it was already taken.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

The plate numbers don't mean anything. The serial numbers are the manufacture order.

#1279 1 year ago

I cannot get my CE connected to the internet. I have accepted the terms and conditions. It says terms accepted. I have the same settings as Wonka with no issues. Anyone else had issues and a fix for this? Just to confirm, I do not a wifi dongle, TS comes with wifi built in correct?
Thank you.

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I cannot get my CE connected to the internet. I have accepted the terms and conditions. It says terms accepted. I have the same settings as Wonka with no issues. Anyone else had issues and a fix for this? Just to confirm, I do not a wifi dongle, TS comes with wifi built in correct?
Thank you.

I don't remember if it's different than GnR, but if not, there's a wifi dongle on the board in the cabinet just to the left of the coin door inside. Maybe try reseating it?

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

I cannot get my CE connected to the internet.

On the screen can you see WiFi networks to choose from ?

If not I suspect no dongle. Check the board inside the coin door on the left.

At Expo let jjp know you miss me.

LTG : )

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Everybody at Expo tell Jack to get Lloyd a TS4 and bring him back into the support team!While at the JJP presentation everyone should chant Lloyd Lloyd Lloyd!!!

#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Everybody at Expo tell Jack to get Lloyd a TS4 and bring him back into the support team!While at the JJP presentation everyone should chant Lloyd Lloyd Lloyd!!!

Thank you. We need this on every jjp thread on Pinside. And the Expo thread too.

#1284 1 year ago

Would anyone be interested in a thread that is setup to discuss rule change suggestions?

I get this this game was designed to be on the easy side (and oh my it is compared to any modern Stern or JJP!) but I think some things can change to make it more challenging without making it necessarily way easier.

For example: the carnival modes are not inspiring to play. One reason is because there is so little bonus for finishing them quick. This in contrast to Godzilla (especially with multipliers active) is a huge miss.

This thread would hopefully be a resource to JJP as they consider code updates. In light of GNR having an update soon, I’m optimistic this machine (which I truly want to stay in my collection) gives me more of reason to keep it other than it’s pretty and my kids kind of like it.

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't remember if it's different than GnR, but if not, there's a wifi dongle on the board in the cabinet just to the left of the coin door inside. Maybe try reseating it?

Quoted from LTG:

Yeah, the dongle is there. Has green LED showing wifi dongle connectivity. I'm running code 1.09. I'll keep playing with it and trying.
Thanks guys.

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Yeah, the dongle is there. Has green LED showing wifi dongle connectivity. I'm running code 1.09. I'll keep playing with it and trying.
Thanks guys.

You could also try swapping the dongle from your working Wonka to see if your Toy Story 4 just has a bad dongle.

Also, I don't remember for sure, but you may have two dongles, one for bluetooth and one for wifi. It seems I remember two in there. So make sure you're looking at the correct dongle.

#1287 1 year ago

Got another thing guys. I´ve noticed that, after trying to plunge 3 times, the auto plunge activates, but, it does really quick, I mean, when the ball goes down, it bounces a lil bit, and when the auto plunge gets in, the ball hasnt stopped yet, so its not hitting it properly and it doesnt get enough power to do the right ramp. If the ball has stopped, it does the right ramp perfectly.

In any other cases, it does perfect, in multiballs, tests...etc. I´ve checked in the menus if there´s an option in which you can change the wait time for this, as you do with the kickback, but no luck for now.

Any clue? Thanks!

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Got another thing guys. I´ve noticed that, after trying to plunge 3 times, the auto plunge activates, but, it does really quick, I mean, when the ball goes down, it bounces a lil bit, and when the auto plunge gets in, the ball hasnt stopped yet, so its not hitting it properly and it doesnt get enough power to do the right ramp. If the ball has stopped, it does the right ramp perfectly.
In any other cases, it does perfect, in multiballs, tests...etc. I´ve checked in the menus if there´s an option in which you can change the wait time for this, as you do with the kickback, but no luck for now.
Any clue? Thanks!

Try adjusting the switch wire for the shooter lane so it's lower and doesn't activate as soon. Sounds like the wire is just too high so it's activating at the whiff of an incoming ball.

#1289 1 year ago

TS4 is the best game in my collection now. I don't know about all of you guys, but this game is the funnest game I've ever played. JJP really thought through everything in this game. The shots, the variation, the wheel; it all works so well together. the voice work and callouts on the CE are impeccable. the CE is a major upgrade IMO due to the callouts and topper. value is there for sure. I really love the bo peep callouts alot. I'd miss them if they weren't there.

Lawlor has outdone himself here. the design is perfection. I can't believe this game has beaten out IMDN, Wonka, and Godzilla, but it wins by a decent margin. this game is unreal and so immersive. Finally, JJP has Disney assets to use, and they use them so well. I'm so glad Tim Allen does this game proud with the voice work. what a coup!

GNR is fun as hell, but TS beats it on so many levels. I look forward to years and years of fun pinball with this one. I'd never part with it.

#1290 1 year ago

TS4 is the best game in my collection now. I don't know about all of you guys, but this game is the funnest game I've ever played. JJP really thought through everything in this game. The shots, the variation, the wheel; it all works so well together. the voice work and callouts on the CE are impeccable. the CE is a major upgrade IMO due to the callouts and topper. value is there for sure. I really love the bo peep callouts alot. I'd miss them if they weren't there.
Lawlor has outdone himself here. the design is perfection. I can't believe this game has beaten out IMDN, Wonka, and Godzilla, but it wins by a decent margin. this game is unreal and so immersive. Finally, JJP has Disney assets to use, and they use them so well. I'm so glad Tim Allen does this game proud with the voice work. what a coup!
GNR is fun as hell, but TS beats it on so many levels. I look forward to years and years of fun pinball with this one. I'd never part with it.

Can you name at least 2 exclusive Bo Peep call-outs??

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Can you name at least 2 exclusive Bo Peep call-outs??

What is your point? Just curious

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What is your point? Just curious

The Annie pots call outs are a selling point of the 3k cost increase.

#1293 1 year ago

#1294 1 year ago

This game is early code and needs more depth to be on the level of any of the games mentioned.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

This game is early code and needs more depth to be on the level of any of the games mentioned.

TS4's code depth is pretty comparable to some of the games he mentioned. Such as Iron Maiden.

Some code depth comparisons between the two:
- In terms of main modes: TS4 has 12 basic carnival modes to Maiden's 6 more involved main modes. These are close in depth, but Maiden's modes probably edge out TS4 slightly.
- In terms of multiballs, TS4 has ~7: Rv, Gabby Gabby, Buzz Quick, Tiki Frenzy, Carnival, Take a chance & Fireworks. Maiden has ~7: the Sarcophagus, trooper, Cyborg, Aces High, Can I Play With Madness, Run to the Hills & Number of the Beast. In both games, the multi balls typically have multiple phases. These are close in depth and are pretty even.
- In terms of side objectives. In TS4, you have the 7 or so scenes. These scenes generally are associated to the different shots of the game. Which is pretty similar to the power pyramid. And completing them leads to a wizard mode. TS4 has more depth here as most the scenes also have a mode associate with each of them.
- Other things to do. In TS4, you have Gabby Gabby Frenzy, Tiki Party & working towards completing the take a chance wheel for the mini wizard. In Maiden you have the various Eddies to collect to battle the beast and the treasure to collect. Maiden does win here.

These comparisons are off the top of my head. So, I'm likely forgetting things for both games. In my eyes they're pretty comparable in terms of depth.

Another method that potentially could be used to comparing depth is to look at what it takes to write down the full rule set. If you compare the word count of the rule sheet between TS4 (http://tiltforums.com/t/toy-story-4-rulesheet/7707) and Maiden (http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787). They both took a similar number of words to break the rules down into plain English. With Maiden being around ~4400 words and TS4 being around ~4000 words. Obviously, this word count method isn't without its flaws. However, I can't think of a better way to quantify code depth.

TS4 is not a deep game by any means. That being said, I don't think it's as shallow as a lot of people are claiming it to be. I find it's depth to be fairly average when comparing to other titles put out over the last few years. I also don't think a game must be deep to be good. Iron Maiden is my personal favorite Elwin game and it's definitely shallower than Avengers and Godzilla.

#1296 1 year ago

<blockquo

#1297 1 year ago

Anyone having an issue with the audio with the CE Topper? When it flashes the fiber optics it causes audio feedback on the left speaker on my CE.

#1298 1 year ago

When flashes the speaker goes off to make firework popping sounds.

#1299 1 year ago

Just got TS4 le and really enjoying it. Big shout out to Joe at pinball star! The last JJP game I had was Hobbit. The new monitor layout and other changes since Hobbit are all nice additions. The light rails on GNR and TS4 are great, I hope JJP does this on every game from now on.

I have owned many games over the years and no game has ever had the excitement and wow factor as this game had on my family. I didn’t tell anyone I was getting TS4 and when the truck pulled up, they all thought it was Cactus Canyon SE+

The camera was a very big hit and when my daughter got grand champ and could take 3 photos it was a big highlight. It’s her mission to keep her pictures on there and no one can beat her grand champ.

The game is very fun, smooth, and easy to understand. Theme integration is well done, and I totally forgot this was a TS4 theme as it felt more like a Toy Story Carnival theme.

The tiki pinball game on the monitor is well integrated.

The modes of play tied to carnival rides was smart. This is a Toy Story Carnival game.

I always love Pat’s designs for light plunge skill shots. I have owned TAF 3 times, and it’s my favorite skill shot. Nice to see another light plunge saucer with a looped super skill shot. So, gratifying.

The light show is excellent. Those light rails are a game changer.

I have read all the complaints on the rules and the games complexity, but current code was fun and is only going to get better. I have so many deep games in the collection and it’s nice to have a handful of games that anyone can walk up to and play.

I wish there was idle flipper button SFX or VO callouts. I hate when games don’t have this. Only other game I have with 0 idle flipper button callouts is GOTG.

Would love to see a mode like Doh mode from TSPP that is themed after Forky. Every switch calls out “Trash”.

The light up forky on the backbox with him talking at the end of a game is great. I am not sure how that is triggered? Completing the forky mode? Random?

I assume JJP is releasing official art blades and a topper for the LE. Anyone have more info on those items?

#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Just received my CE. Such a pretty Pin... looks amazing!!
My white up post at road trip multiball ball lock keeps popping up and down whilst in attract mode. Any thoughts?
Thank you

Glad you solved it!
I was going to say the last spot I didn’t notice packing foam

Quoted from mummite:

Just got TS4 le and really enjoying it. Big shout out to Joe at pinball star! The last JJP game I had was Hobbit. The new monitor layout and other changes since Hobbit are all nice additions. The light rails on GNR and TS4 are great, I hope JJP does this on every game from now on.
I have owned many games over the years and no game has ever had the excitement and wow factor as this game had on my family. I didn’t tell anyone I was getting TS4 and when they truck pulled up, they all thought it was Cactus Canyon SE+
The camera was a very big hit and when my daughter got grand champ and could take 3 photos it was a big highlight. It’s her mission to keep her pictures on there and no one can beat her grand champ.
The game is very fun, smooth, and easy to understand. Theme integration is well done, and I totally forgot this was a TS4 theme as it felt more like a Toy Story Carnival theme.
The tiki pinball game on the monitor is well integrated.
The modes of play tied to carnival rides was smart. This is a Toy Story Carnival game.
I always love Pat’s designs for light plunge skill shots. I have owned TAF 3 times, and it’s my favorite skill shot. Nice to see another light plunge saucer with a looped super skill shot. So, gratifying.
The light show is excellent. Those light rails are a game changer.
I have read all the complaints on the rules and the games complexity, but current code was fun and is only going to get better. I have so many deep games in the collection and it’s nice to have a handful of games that anyone can walk up to and play.
I wish there was idle flipper button SFX or VO callouts. I hate when games don’t have this. Only other game I have with 0 idle flipper button callouts is GOTG.
Would love to see a mode like Doh mode from TSPP that is themed after Forky. Every switch calls out “Trash”.
The light up forky on the backbox with him talking at the end of a game is great. I am not sure how that is triggered? Completing the forky mode? Random?
I assume JJP is releasing official art blades and a topper for the LE. Anyone have more info on those items?

Great right up !
Yes there is attract mode button callouts!! A lot of them
Turn it on in game settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 35.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.