IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 64.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I mean here...
Happens probably every game. A ball just sits there. Ball search does find it... but like what happened just now I was able to game a multiball by leaving it there, hitting extra super jackpots etc... Kind of annoying.

thats a weird one! i just had my glass off and tried to get a ball to sit there and it wouldnt, it just drained. my metal piece looks the same as your pic, similar angle.are you level side to side at the bottom? i have my pitch at 7.0 on mine. a little steeper than what is recommended but the play for us is fine. what line is bubble touching?

#1202 1 year ago

dbl post

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

seems like you have two issues with the same rail , falling off by woody spinner and the drop zone be the right bumper?? i would open a ticket and once they reply ( they will reply fast) then submit pics before you start chopping away at the plastics. i think your rail is mal-formed. we have played 30-40 games last two days and i have not had either of these issues. not sure what you mean by "kickback plate" are you talking about the rollover switch?? might were tight also , you will have to tweak those . no idea about the coil popping in attract, i would pull the glass and wait and watch until i found the exact one.

Quoted from ls1chris:

thats a weird one! i just had my glass off and tried to get a ball to sit there and it wouldnt, it just drained. my metal piece looks the same as your pic, similar angle.are you level side to side at the bottom? i have my pitch at 7.0 on mine. a little steeper than what is recommended but the play for us is fine. what line is bubble touching?

3rd bubble .

Ya man, happens pretty much every game.

And I played a single game at my distro when I was picking it up and it happened on their game too... So figured it was a common issue...

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

3rd bubble .
And I played a single game at my distro when I was picking it up and it happened on their game too... So figured it was a common issue...

is you PF seated correctly? is the right side being help up by the shooter rod or something else keeping it higher than the left side? i ask as you had scratching on the glass from where the name card area is , seems to be a decent amount of clearance , and i cannot see how the ball would just "hang" there, not touching the rollover, not touch the metal piece under the plastic there, gravity should do its thing, unless elevation is goofed up. pull the lock bar off and compare / measuring side to side. i will open mine and see if i can send a couple pics for you to compare

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

3rd bubble .

fwiw I've played maybe 30 games on TS4 in one location and I've had the ball get stuck in that left kickback a bunch of times, it just sits there exactly like in your photo. I even mentioned it to the owner of the place. Haven't had time to go back for a while so I'm not sure if he did anything. Other than that I really enjoyed this game. If you contact JJP let us know what they say.

#1206 1 year ago

On both sides in this area from of to top of rail I am 4”

5057D631-7CCE-42AA-AEBD-7FE55B0E42B3 (resized).jpeg5057D631-7CCE-42AA-AEBD-7FE55B0E42B3 (resized).jpeg
#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

It passed! And now the warning is gone...
I've noticed that some games the wheel spins tons and other games it doesn't at all. And the ones it doesn't at all, I check the menu and there is in fact an alert. I'll check all the connections. Not sure what else it can be...it passes the device test and works like 70% of the time.

Check how the board is seated below the wheel mech. If it's off kilter the opto beams might not get broken all the time by the bottom of the wheel

#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

3rd bubble .

Get a digital level with inclination. That way can check things both ways. Inclination and right to left level

#1209 1 year ago

I was worried about this game. My CE arrived today. I’m relieved and quite pleased. Very fun , pretty , and deserves much more appreciation than it gets.

#1210 1 year ago

What the heck is a FENNEL CAKE? Isn’t it supposed to be Funnel Cake? This is a beautiful machine with great art. This box covering the diverted is one of the most questionable art choices. It is covered in weird generic carnival stickers?!? It has nothing to do with Toy Story and is a poor use of very prominently placed art. Missed opportunity to place something Toy Story specific art or even Pixar Easter egg like Casey Junior Cookies box from A Bugs Life (which was a clever nod to Dumbo).

1C659BBB-5087-4C8E-8E3B-9A9CAAF25DB3 (resized).jpeg1C659BBB-5087-4C8E-8E3B-9A9CAAF25DB3 (resized).jpeg2AC49575-2E4D-4231-8627-3AEF9D57DE39 (resized).jpeg2AC49575-2E4D-4231-8627-3AEF9D57DE39 (resized).jpeg51985F25-DCB4-4AAA-886A-AB6F9CE6FDAF (resized).jpeg51985F25-DCB4-4AAA-886A-AB6F9CE6FDAF (resized).jpeg958454ED-B250-4B86-9C8E-769F357FF8E8 (resized).jpeg958454ED-B250-4B86-9C8E-769F357FF8E8 (resized).jpeg
#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

What the heck is a FENNEL CAKE?

Made with Fennel. Tastes like licorice or anise. See the picture behind the word with the white bulb and 5 things growing out of it.

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Made with Fennel. Tastes like licorice or anise. See the picture behind the word with the white bulb and 5 things growing out of it.

And quite delicious, might I add!

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

What the heck is a FENNEL CAKE? Isn’t it supposed to be Funnel Cake? This is a beautiful machine with great art. This box covering the diverted is one of the most questionable art choices. It is covered in weird generic carnival stickers?!? It has nothing to do with Toy Story and is a poor use of very prominently placed art. Missed opportunity to place something Toy Story specific art or even Pixar Easter egg like Casey Junior Cookies box from A Bugs Life (which was a clever nod to Dumbo).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hopefully the ModCouple will get on this for a cool alternative

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hopefully the ModCouple will get on this for a cool alternative

The art of pinball is currently working on something for here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story-4-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball#post-7100843

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:Hopefully the ModCouple will get on this for a cool alternative

If it's by the mod couple there's a good chance you can find the download on the web and 3d print it yourself lol (sorry I'm salty with them, got screwed over twice by them, will never buy again from them).

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

What the heck is a FENNEL CAKE? Isn’t it supposed to be Funnel Cake?

That is the joke. It is an intentionally quirky play on funnel cake.

If it wasn't intentional, they wouldn't have made the artwork all be fennel plants. Plus, have you looked at the other side? This stand also sells, 'Knotchos' and 'Sawsages'.

That being said, they definitely could've used this space for something better.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

If it's by the mod couple there's a good chance you can find the download on the web and 3d print it yourself lol (sorry I'm salty with them, got screwed over twice by them, will never buy again from them).

A2F8924D-01FC-4887-B21B-D692767C1ECB.gifA2F8924D-01FC-4887-B21B-D692767C1ECB.gif
#1218 1 year ago

Just received my CE. Such a pretty Pin... looks amazing!!
My white up post at road trip multiball ball lock keeps popping up and down whilst in attract mode. Any thoughts?
Thank you

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

My white up post at road trip multiball ball lock keeps popping up and down whilst in attract mode. Any thoughts?
Thank you

I don't think that is normal. Maybe one of the ball sensors that tells the game there is a ball locked is malfunctioning causing it to think it needs to release a ball. Probably worth checking to ensure no wires are loose down there.

Have you tested the up post coil in the test menu system to make sure it's wired right?

#1220 1 year ago

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - any errors, things opening and closing, or closed that should be open. Flagged in red if an issue.

LTG : )

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I don't think that is normal. Maybe one of the ball sensors that tells the game there is a ball locked is malfunctioning causing it to think it needs to release a ball. Probably worth checking to ensure no wires are loose down there.
Have you tested the up post coil in the test menu system to make sure it's wired right?

Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - any errors, things opening and closing, or closed that should be open. Flagged in red if an issue.
LTG : )

I recalibrated the sensor, seems to have fixed it... monitoring, but so far so good.
Thanks guys

#1222 1 year ago

Any idea what I need to be looking for ??

CE6D28BC-C053-4CF7-A315-071E83A28DFF (resized).jpegCE6D28BC-C053-4CF7-A315-071E83A28DFF (resized).jpeg
#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Any idea what I need to be looking for ??

LED/PFC board. With the game turned off. Reseat cables to it and push them in tight. Check where they go in backbox to and be sure the other ends are in tight.

I don't have a game here or I'd send you pictures.

LTG : ) Former jjp tech guy.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

LED/PFC board.

I'd guess it is hanging from the bottom of the playfield somewhere. Manual doesn't help.

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Huh. First I've heard of this. I assumed all their stuff was their original creation.

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd guess it is hanging from the bottom of the playfield somewhere. Manual doesn't help.

the one with all the blue cat5 cables? thats the one i was focusing on, i unplugged / replugged the micro usb and added some slack and the error went away. thanks for the chime in Loyd. fyi i have also petitioned to get you back

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Huh. First I've heard of this. I assumed all their stuff was their original creation.

I doubt this claim of it being freely available.

Look at things like the Kraken - that was very purpose-built to fit onto the whirlpool.

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I doubt this claim of it being freely available.
Look at things like the Kraken - that was very purpose-built to fit onto the whirlpool.

That's why it was surprising to read. All their stuff seemed to be pretty custom-designed (at least the stuff I bought).

#1229 1 year ago

Anyone with a CE - where were the mounting bracket and hardware for your toppers located? I can’t find mine anywhere. I would have assumed in the topper box of course but I’m not finding them.

9329C459-2487-489F-AD16-9C7C1CECBD88 (resized).jpeg9329C459-2487-489F-AD16-9C7C1CECBD88 (resized).jpeg
#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I mean here...
Happens probably every game. A ball just sits there. Ball search does find it... but like what happened just now I was able to game a multiball by leaving it there, hitting extra super jackpots etc... Kind of annoying.
[quoted image]

I’ve had this happen a few times but never any of the other issues

Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone with a CE - where were the mounting bracket and hardware for your toppers located? I can’t find mine anywhere. I would have assumed in the topper box of course but I’m not finding them. [quoted image]

In topper box in a plastic sleeve

#1231 1 year ago

Figured as much. Seems they missed putting it in. Doh!

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone with a CE - where were the mounting bracket and hardware for your toppers located? I can’t find mine anywhere. I would have assumed in the topper box of course but I’m not finding them.

mine were in the topper box, with a hardware bag. that sucks.

#1233 1 year ago

is there two different buzz multiball? i always get the buzz "quick" version, my wife was playing and she started a version where buzz was shooting his lazer on the screen every time she hit something for a score. can your shooter rod make the right ramp and onto the rail everytime? i really like the tiki multiball, the mini play to qualify is fun, and the multiball is great with the lightshow and sounds. Mod people , i would like to see custom spinners ( GNR has guitar pics) maybe corn candy? woody hat? replacement forky targets or maybe just really good sticker overlay's. this does NOT need any more lights LOL we went from pitch black WOZ to where is the dimmer! anyways i am really enjoying this one, the modes are fun, everytime i play i find something new, there is many different music tracks , the shots are fun, and the PF is packed full.

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Figured as much. Seems they missed putting it in. Doh!

It’s pretty generic. If you have screws around. 4 in back and I think 4 on each side to hold it down. Small boot x4 with nut to hold the black piece on. Sucker is heavy but I think could be fine with what you have laying around

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thank you

At the end of every game, this white post always goes down to release balls even if there are none. I assume all of them are like this. I'm hoping this gets fixed in a code update. Game knows if there is a ball in the lock with the optos.

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

is there two different buzz multiball? i always get the buzz "quick" version, my wife was playing and she started a version where buzz was shooting his lazer on the screen every time she hit something for a score. can your shooter rod make the right ramp and onto the rail everytime? i really like the tiki multiball, the mini play to qualify is fun, and the multiball is great with the lightshow and sounds. Mod people , i would like to see custom spinners ( GNR has guitar pics) maybe corn candy? woody hat? replacement forky targets or maybe just really good sticker overlay's. this does NOT need any more lights LOL we went from pitch black WOZ to where is the dimmer! anyways i am really enjoying this one, the modes are fun, everytime i play i find something new, there is many different music tracks , the shots are fun, and the PF is packed full.

I think only one buzz Mb (2 balls) but not sure

I can’t make the ramp off plunge ever- it’s too week. Only autoplunger makes it (easily)

Custom spinners would be cool. I just realize that the spinners are woody and Bo peep, and super spinners is them getting together/finding each other etc. (I’m a little slow on updates). Kinda cool though.

Other observations

The right orbit to ramp shot is so butter- I sometimes think no way a weak shot makes it but somehow it does. Very satisfying (vs left ramp which is wide and bit clunky sometimes with rejects)

Rescuer forky is incredibly satisfying. I could play whole games focusing on that (only done first round so far)

I can hit Kaboom maybe 50% on first one, but when you have opp to go 2 or more in a row I’m like 2% accuracy! I like challenge there.

Got to Carousel and then beat it second time (with Buzz) but this game is really enjoyable. Still so many things I don’t understand- it’s a very broad ruleset. The family playing it nonstop so that’s most important thing (if they playing pinball, I’m happy)

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I think only one buzz Mb (2 balls) but not sure
I can’t make the ramp off plunge ever- it’s too week. Only autoplunger makes it (easily)
Custom spinners would be cool. I just realize that the spinners are woody and Bo peep, and super spinners is them getting together/finding each other etc. (I’m a little slow on updates). Kinda cool though.
Other observations
The right orbit to ramp shot is so butter- I sometimes think no way a weak shot makes it but somehow it does. Very satisfying (vs left ramp which is wide and bit clunky sometimes with rejects)
Rescuer forky is incredibly satisfying. I could play whole games focusing on that (only done first round so far)
I can hit Kaboom maybe 50% on first one, but when you have opp to go 2 or more in a row I’m like 2% accuracy! I like challenge there.
Got to Carousel and then beat it second time (with Buzz) but this game is really enjoyable. Still so many things I don’t understand- it’s a very broad ruleset. The family playing it nonstop so that’s most important thing (if they playing pinball, I’m happy)

if i compress the barrel spring ( push th eshooter rod in ) i can make the ramp. any idea how to get the skill shot off the plunge? (plunge to ramp, to rail to R flipper then R flipper to woody spinner? )

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

if i compress the barrel spring ( push th eshooter rod in ) i can make the ramp. any idea how to get the skill shot off the plunge? (plunge to ramp, to rail to R flipper then R flipper to woody spinner? )

The main way to get the skill shot is a short plunge. The playfield display will show you how to do it. It's not an easy skill shot.

If you hit the right ramp, you went too far.

#1239 1 year ago

hey everyone. I just got my game and had to do a Gabby adjustment which I've not seen on this forum.

for anyone having airball issues off the Gabby hole edge when in down position, there are spacers on some, maybe all games where the mech is attached to the underside of the PF. they are under the rear mounting screws of the mech. I had to remove them to render the top of Gabby's head-plate flush from front to back.

I have no idea why JJP put the spacers there; they caused the surface of the mech when in down position to be slanted, causing a flush front edge while the back was at least one millimeter beneath the PF surface, which jumped the ball in a big way.

that was the only adjustment I had to maike. It was quick and easy, and now the game is issue free, and amazing as hell. It is a fantastic game and the experience is really asset filled and amazing. the shots are so good, and the game is a bit simpler compared to GNR. It's a keeper

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hey everyone. I just got my game and had to do a Gabby adjustment which I've not seen on this forum.
for anyone having airball issues off the Gabby hole edge when in down position, there are spacers on some, maybe all games where the mech is attached to the underside of the PF. they are under the rear mounting screws of the mech. I had to remove them to render the top of Gabby's head-plate flush from front to back.
I have no idea why JJP put the spacers there; they caused the surface of the mech when in down position to be slanted, causing a flush front edge while the back was at least one millimeter beneath the PF surface, which jumped the ball in a big way.
that was the only adjustment I had to maike. It was quick and easy, and now the game is issue free, and amazing as hell. It is a fantastic game and the experience is really asset filled and amazing. the shots are so good, and the game is a bit simpler compared to GNR. It's a keeper

welcome to the club! yup TS4 is super fun! engages the whole family! . i had a similar situation with my spinner disk, it was to high on the left side and when the post would release the multi ball lock , the last ball would hang there between the disk and the ball gate. i had to add a 2mil washer on the left side mount point and the top mount point ( as you look at it with pf in up position) now is perfectly flat with the pf. i also had to raise my drop target , and adjust a couple switches .

#1241 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The main way to get the skill shot is a short plunge. The playfield display will show you how to do it. It's not an easy skill shot.
If you hit the right ramp, you went too far.

Yeh unless there’s another one I don’t know about- the main skill shot is soft plunge so JUST makes it and when it falls into right orbit it just spins right into the Woody saucer. It’s hard but payoff awards v good

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Its been so long that I can’t remember but there were height adjustments noted on paperwork with the game. Was gabby not adjustable like the duke ramp?

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its been so long that I can’t remember but there were height adjustments noted on paperwork with the game. Was gabby not adjustable like the duke ramp?

Gabby is adjustable, but it's only 1 screw up and down, not like Duke which has 4

#1244 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
Need some help. Had to take my game apart in order to fix a rubber in the pop bumper area but have run into an issue when putting it back together.
I can’t seem to remember where plastic 11 goes. It has a metal hex post on it, but I can’t seem to find a place it fits.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1245 1 year ago

Thought I had a Zilla premium still strapped traded for a used LE, it fell through so heck anyone interested? Will contribute to pinside of course.

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thought I had a Zilla premium still strapped traded for a used LE, it fell through so heck anyone interested? Will contribute to pinside of course.

Not following…

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Not following…

Trade my new Zilla premium for a used TS4 LE.

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Trade my new Zilla premium for a used TS4 LE.

Good luck this game is very underappreciated. Lot's of fun.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from Ramzr1:

Hey Guys,
Need some help. Had to take my game apart in order to fix a rubber in the pop bumper area but have run into an issue when putting it back together.
I can’t seem to remember where plastic 11 goes. It has a metal hex post on it, but I can’t seem to find a place it fits.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
[quoted image]

It's a standoff on the left side of the left ramp, basically right at the entrance as an airball protector(?).
plastic-piece-TS4.jpgplastic-piece-TS4.jpg

#1250 1 year ago

Was able to play a few games on Toy Story 4 at the York show thanks to Cointaker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.