IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 63.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have the same. I wish I knew all of who is on there.

Here are the ones that I can make out. I would expect the remaining three to be the other three programmers: Duncan Brown, Joe Katz, JT Harkey.

It's a shame that they don't laser etch the people names on it with space above for them to sign.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This CE is beautiful!!
Did I get extra signatures?
[quoted image]

Photo credit (Jeffery Jones)

1B7106C7-C451-4952-8A93-FF744C71B965 (resized).jpeg1B7106C7-C451-4952-8A93-FF744C71B965 (resized).jpeg
#1053 1 year ago

Finally played take a chance multiball. It’s activated at the scoop after starting all 8 wheel bonus modes. There is a status of this in the menu - even though it would be better on the persistent display somewhere.

It’s a very fun mode. I don’t have it figured out but it’s very lively and there is a 3 ball lock thing at the road trip shot that activates a big jackpot I think.

ALSO you can activate tiki pinball during it and you have to hit the tiki god monster scoop to get a jackpot. It was crazy, I can’t even remember if other balls were going at the same time as playing on the screen but it was very fun.

Can’t wait to get there again.

8B30FE69-4E66-42CD-98B3-ACE2502D06A3 (resized).jpeg8B30FE69-4E66-42CD-98B3-ACE2502D06A3 (resized).jpeg

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I thought Matrix would be reserved for SR’s first JJP game…

Maverick Top Gun would be perfect for SR

#1055 1 year ago

Just unboxed TS4CE and it is gorgeous, polished, and so unbelievably fun to play. My first experience with a JJP game in home. It oozes quality inside and out. Home run theme with my 4 kids and me/my wife. Anyone who says Toy Story movies are only for kids with no interest for adults are misinformed - they are all around quality movies. Please try watching them. Yes, Toy Story 1-4 Pinball would be better, but it is Disney/Pixar/Toy Story with beautiful art, sparkle and finish. Carnival games are a big hit with Toy Story characters and callouts. My 9 year old (who barely flips any of my other games- Simpsons PP, AFMrLE, Deadpool LE, Guardians premium, AIG LE, JP premium, R&M, and Godzilla LE) absolutely loves it. He played 20-30 games and we had to pry his hands off the machine and make him stop to go to bed. What a blast seeing him light up taking his picture for the Grand Champion photo strip. He kept saying over and over, “this is so much fun”. Thank you, JJP and Pat Lawlor for making this game.

Some questions about set-up, settings, and tweaks:

1. What is the correct incline level? My delivery setup guy (who has delivered and set up most of my games) put it together and said both front and back should be screwed flat. I checked and it is @ 7.0 incline.

2. The plunge cannot make it up the ramp to the wireform no matter how hard I try. It rattles and drops to the pops. I thought some packaging material may have been blocking something, but no. The auto plunge and a very clean left flipper shot will usually make it. When I played this on location it was the most butter orbit ramp ever. Little taps would fly around and make the ramp every time. I tried lowering to 6.5 angle and the strongest plunge still can’t make it up the ramp. Unlike my newer Sterns, there is no auto plunge button. Lower incline further? Tweak the rail? Get a stronger plunger spring? Just focus on the surprisingly satisfying skill shot?

3. The Woody saucer will eject the ball and bounce off the rail which makes the little flipper unable to hit the ball. The only way the little flipper can function is a smooth drop from the pops. Most of the time it bumps of the rail and makes the flipper miss. Even with the best feed, the flipper rarely hits clean enough to make a loop. BoPeep spinner will spin and the ball drops into pops. Only a few made it back to the flipper. I have had to make minor (JP) and major (R&M) rail adjustments to feed flippers on other games without hops, but this is much worse. Do I increase or decrease saucer eject? Increase flipper strength to make loop with more power when it does get a chance to hit the ball? Tweak the rails?

4. The game is super heavy compared to my other games but is super wobbly. The machine doesn’t slide across the floor, but can be wiggled around so easily - the tilt is activated with the slightest movement. My 9 year old tilted multiple times just from random bumps. I can barely budge my other machines when I try to nudge (I’m terrible at nudging), but this machine will tilt with the slightest effort. I don’t think it is the tilt. I’ve never seen this much movement in a machine. Tighten leg bolts? Remove tilt bob?

Me and my family are in love with this game.

Thanks for any advice with my setup/tweaks.

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

1. What is the correct incline level? My delivery setup guy (who has delivered and set up most of my games) put it together and said both front and back should be screwed flat. I checked and it is @ 7.0 incline.

I like 6 1/2 degrees on most of my games. ( I don't have a TS ) this will help you - https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

2. The plunge cannot make it up the ramp to the wireform no matter how hard I try.

Is the plunger hitting the center of the ball ? Inside the cabinet you can loosen the three screws holding the plunger assembly and move it around a bit and then retighten it.

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

but this machine will tilt with the slightest effort. I don’t think it is the tilt. I’ve never seen this much movement in a machine. Tighten leg bolts? Remove tilt bob?

Is the tilt bob centered in the ring it moves in and as low as it can go ? You could remove the tilt bob too and see if it helps. Other possibilities is remove one wire from the tilt assembly, wrap it up so it doesn't short to anything. It will come up in error, so you might turn off the red dot and warning noise in settings when you power up the game.

Quoted from Hulkbuster:

3. The Woody saucer will eject the ball and bounce of the rail which makes the little flipper unable to hit the ball.

You might check in Settings - Coils, see if you can turn the power down a little for that coil. Again I don't have the game to check.

Don't forget to let jjp know to get LTG : ) back.

#1057 1 year ago

Hi guys, another weird behaviour. I noticed that my lil led that is nexto to the forky figure aint working, but when doing the all led test…it does!

When going to individual test, that spotlight forky is 154 and it doesnt work but…it works when in 159!! Which says unused!! How can we figure out this? Maybe a wiring problem?

It works in the atract mode! With colours and so, but it doesnt do anything in the game!

Thanks

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Hi guys, another weird behaviour. I noticed that my lil led that is nexto to the forky figure aint working, but when doing the all led test…it does!
When going to individual test, that spotlight forky is 154 and it doesnt work but…it works when in 159!! Which says unused!! How can we figure out this? Maybe a wiring problem?
It works in the atract mode! With colours and so, but it doesnt do anything in the game!
Thanks

Look at the board underneath the playfield that feeds it - it may be plugged into the wrong socket?

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I like 6 1/2 degrees on most of my games. ( I don't have a TS ) this will help you - https://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

Is the plunger hitting the center of the ball ? Inside the cabinet you can loosen the three screws holding the plunger assembly and move it around a bit and then retighten it.

Is the tilt bob centered in the ring it moves in and as low as it can go ? You could remove the tilt bob too and see if it helps. Other possibilities is remove one wire from the tilt assembly, wrap it up so it doesn't short to anything. It will come up in error, so you might turn off the red dot and warning noise in settings when you power up the game.

You might check in Settings - Coils, see if you can turn the power down a little for that coil. Again I don't have the game to check.
Don't forget to let jjp know to get LTG : ) back.

I’ve found you need to turn the power up on the woody saucer eject. Seems counter intuitive but the excess strength causes the call to rattle a tiny bit and the settle into a smooth transition.

#1060 1 year ago

CE arrived yesterday. Around game 30 the right flipper popped out of alignment. How do I adjust a JJP flipper bat? I cannot see any loose mounting below the playfield. Bushing looks intact. See image of placement and underside of PF.

Thanks

B1128951-6621-46DA-A8CA-22F59D159DE2 (resized).jpegB1128951-6621-46DA-A8CA-22F59D159DE2 (resized).jpegDA3445D3-0BDF-4396-892F-DB5F50F2D331 (resized).jpegDA3445D3-0BDF-4396-892F-DB5F50F2D331 (resized).jpeg
#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

CE arrived yesterday. Around game 30 the right flipper popped out of alignment. How do I adjust a JJP flipper bat? I cannot see any loose mounting below the playfield. Bushing looks intact. See image of placement and underside of PF.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Please review:

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from Furio:

Thanks

Loosen the nut circled and then you can adjust the flipper. Tighten it back up, make sure it’s on very tight.

12CA02E3-3133-4605-953C-F1B03DCFA24A (resized).jpeg12CA02E3-3133-4605-953C-F1B03DCFA24A (resized).jpeg

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Loosen the nut circled and then you can adjust the flipper. Tighten it back up, make sure it’s on very tight.
[quoted image]

This exactly!
Just a warning!!I’ve made these super tight and have broke the threaded bolt.
Just know your strength.
Just make it as tight as you think an average strength person would.

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

3. The Woody saucer will eject the ball and bounce off the rail which makes the little flipper unable to hit the ball. The only way the little flipper can function is a smooth drop from the pops. Most of the time it bumps of the rail and makes the flipper miss. Even with the best feed, the flipper rarely hits clean enough to make a loop. BoPeep spinner will spin and the ball drops into pops. Only a few made it back to the flipper. I have had to make minor (JP) and major (R&M) rail adjustments to feed flippers on other games without hops, but this is much worse. Do I increase or decrease saucer eject? Increase flipper strength to make loop with more power when it does get a chance to hit the ball? Tweak the rails?

For mine, I had similar issues to yours, this is what i did.
- Bump up the power for the upper right flipper
- Play with the power for the woody saucer eject (increase or decrease based on trying it and your personal pref)
- I had to adjust the 1 way gate/wire form directly to the right and below the saucer. For me, having the saucer eject, bounce off the metal back guide and then bounce on to that 1 way gate/wireform feeds the upper right flipper perfectly. This gate bracket is connected to the hex posts under ducky/bunny, once adjusted I had to lightly tighten these so it would not move (do not over tighten since these are connected to the PF)

Even with the adjustments, its a tight shot, but once dialed in I am able to make it pretty easily. I just shoot for the woody saucer and it feeds its perfectly 80% of the time on eject.

#1065 1 year ago

Can anyone be so kind and post where they have #154 led spotlight Forky connected? I mean the board. As I said mine is not working when it should playing but working when testing #159 and #160. LE here.

Thanks in advance!!!!

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

I’ve found you need to turn the power up on the woody saucer eject. Seems counter intuitive but the excess strength causes the call to rattle a tiny bit and the settle into a smooth transition.

This! that is what the adjustment I noted above is aiming for. It bounces around between the guide and the gate and just plops right above the flipper perfectly.

#1067 1 year ago

Ive figured it out, it was in the wrong socket.

Added 18 months ago:

btw, where can I find schematics or diagrams? Theyre not included in the instruction manual.

Also I’ve faced a new problem, one of the gabby gabby up mech wires got loose, and I noticed that in most of the solders they left too much wire between the cover and the main solder, which makes it kinda weak.

Easy fix but too much interventions for just 500 games.

#1068 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies to the requested tweaks.

I tightened the leg rails - I think my installer was timid with the insanely gorgeous powder coat. Need some protective washers and I would tighten them further.

I have increased the saucer eject and it rattles a bit more but bounces back to the rail for a decent feed to the flipper. I also jacked up the flipper power about five points.

What power setting works for eject and upper flipper for people?

Also, I cannot get my plunge to make it up the ramp ever- not once. I loosened and retightened the plunger trying to make sure it was straight. The ball rattles a little and just makes it to the ramp area and goes about an inch up and then falls back. The auto-plunge barely makes it up.

I have slow motion videos of the ball being plunged and going around rail to ramp, but I don’t know how to upload the video. I may keep trying on another post.

I had also asked about the length of the upper flipper in a previous post and it is 2.1” without the rubber. (If anyone cares to know). I wanted to know because of my love of the Precision metal flippers and bushings that I have bought for my other games. They look amazing and help with accuracy of shots (which I can really use). They have 2” and 2 1/4” flippers that I was going to try.

Thanks for any advice on ideal saucer eject/upper flipper strength settings and ideas on how to make my plunge work. Maybe a stronger spring? I know I’ve had the wrong colored spring on some of my Sterns that needed to be corrected, but this spring has no color.
6ED2C383-62FC-4D7B-A265-1A65DE044F81 (resized).jpeg6ED2C383-62FC-4D7B-A265-1A65DE044F81 (resized).jpegD8E2FD37-EA42-4E2C-9978-0459FEFE1DB1 (resized).jpegD8E2FD37-EA42-4E2C-9978-0459FEFE1DB1 (resized).jpeg

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Thanks for the replies to the requested tweaks.
I tightened the leg rails - I think my installer was timid with the insanely gorgeous powder coat. Need some protective washers and I would tighten them further.
I have increased the saucer eject and it rattles a bit more but bounces back to the rail for a decent feed to the flipper. I also jacked up the flipper power about five points.
What power setting works for eject and upper flipper for people?
Also, I cannot get my plunge to make it up the ramp ever- not once. I loosened and retightened the plunger trying to make sure it was straight. The ball rattles a little and just makes it to the ramp area and goes about an inch up and then falls back. The auto-plunge barely makes it up.
I have slow motion videos of the ball being plunged and going around rail to ramp, but I don’t know how to upload the video. I may keep trying on another post.
I had also asked about the length of the upper flipper in a previous post and it is 2.1” without the rubber. (If anyone cares to know). I wanted to know because of my love of the Precision metal flippers and bushings that I have bought for my other games. They look amazing and help with accuracy of shots (which I can really use). They have 2” and 2 1/4” flippers that I was going to try.
Thanks for any advice on ideal saucer eject/upper flipper strength settings and ideas on how to make my plunge work. Maybe a stronger spring? I know I’ve had the wrong colored spring on some of my Sterns that needed to be corrected, but this spring has no color.

I felt my manual plunge was weak as well. I changed it out to an orange spring and now I have plenty of power. Sorry I can't help with the other issues.

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Upload the video to youtube, then post the link here and it will auto-insert the youtube video here.

Your autolaunch mech is likely dragging on the plunger spring and vice versa. If you bend the playfield hooks down a tiny bit (like 2mm) it will raise the playfield and stop the dragging. If you look in the window where the spring is visible when launching, you'll probably see the autolaunch move when the ball is manually plunged, which verifies this.

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Upload the video to youtube, then post the link here and it will auto-insert the youtube video here.
Your autolaunch mech is likely dragging on the plunger spring and vice versa. If you bend the playfield hooks down a tiny bit (like 2mm) it will raise the playfield and stop the dragging. If you look in the window where the spring is visible when launching, you'll probably see the autolaunch move when the ball is manually plunged, which verifies this.

Thanks for the hint on posting videos. I don’t know if this helps show what is not working.

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Thanks for the hint on posting videos. I don’t know if this helps show what is not working.

Looks like your plungers is not centered in the ball, it is sitting far right. Need to undo all bolts to shift it over and retighten again. I don’t have a JJP, but seems similar to stern as LTG has described.

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

It doesn't look like the plunger is dragging on the auto-launch bracket.

The shooter tip is off-center, though. Loosen the bracket on the inside of the cabinet and move it to the left so the shooter tip is centered left to right on the ball (it only needs to go over about 3mm to get to center) and see if that helps.

#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

If the ball rattles, what ever is hitting it isn't hitting it square/dead center.

LTG : )

#1075 1 year ago

In your video, the auto launch - in the picture. The right wing looks a little toed in.

LTG : )

#1076 1 year ago

If anyone is interested in a LE or CE I have a deposit with a distributor that I am not going to use. CE could be shipping very soon if you want it. I posted an ad with the details: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/143466

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If anyone is interested in a LE or CE I have a deposit with a distributor that I am not going to use. CE could be shipping very soon if you want it. I posted an ad with the details: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/143466

Given that these have recently gone for ~$11k NIB with dist "deals" on the down low, and used on the LE for new out of box is already as low as $10k (I sold mine for $10,995 a month ago with 10 plays on it), this is likely a walk-away deposit situation. Real talk.

crickets.gifcrickets.gif

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that these have recently gone for ~$11k NIB with dist "deals" on the down low, and used on the LE for new out of box is already as low as $10k (I sold mine for $10,995 a month ago with 10 plays on it), this is likely a walk-away deposit situation. Real talk.
[quoted image]

So did stranger things, and look where we are now............ coulda shoulda woulda

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Real talk. You lost $1,005.

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Did I?

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

So did stranger things, and look where we are now............ coulda shoulda woulda

I don't remember Stranger Things getting blowout NIB pricing. I remember demand being soft, but they all sold. And I've had both. I would have Stranger Things Pro or Prem back in a heartbeat. Not so, TS4.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

He's $995 ahead of me

#1083 1 year ago

Really what difference does make?

My retirement and investment account balance is down big time. No fun to be had there. At least with pinballs TS4 included you get to play and have some fun. If you sell for less or more it isn't something that I worry about. Btw, love the game getting in lots of plays. Now have to figure out Bo Peep loops scene.

Cheers.

#1084 1 year ago

Yeah, I'm fine with losing some money on it if someone wants the spot. It was more I'd rather someone use it than lose it.

#1085 1 year ago

Does anyone know how the side rail lights are attached to the playfield? It seems like just a couple of screws underneath like normal side rails, however after I loosen all of them, I still can't lift up the side rail lights. It's almost like they are glued down to the playfield.

Can anyone share their expertise?

#1086 1 year ago

Come back to this post in a year and we will see how it ages. Im a a jj nut hugger so i am partial. I just started collecting 3 months ago again after 10 years off from the hobby. I like the quality, the toys, tv screen display way better than the others. The weight alone of a jj seems like 2 sterns! Some people like mercedes and some like fords. There is a ass for every seat.

8F7AF57F-6808-459C-89E3-D154100E7FC3 (resized).jpeg8F7AF57F-6808-459C-89E3-D154100E7FC3 (resized).jpegCD4AA806-727E-4B34-AA06-6939FF497B06 (resized).jpegCD4AA806-727E-4B34-AA06-6939FF497B06 (resized).jpeg
#1087 1 year ago

I just don’t understand why a mod-maker would feel the need to go out of their way to inform someone about how much money they could “blow” on a game deposit in an owners thread. Plenty of other threads out there pooping on this game (I’m enjoying my game) so maybe stick to those threads if you’re not a “fan” of TS4.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

I just don’t understand why a mod-maker would feel the need to go out of their way to inform someone about how much money they could “blow” on a game deposit in an owners thread. Plenty of other threads out there pooping on this game (I’m enjoying my game) so maybe stick to those threads if you’re not a “fan” of TS4.

Just sharing my experience as a recent, former NIB owner. Mod-making has nothing to do with it. I mean, the fact that I DO that gives me access to every pin release, which is great, but that's it. End of connection. All opinions and experiences are my own. I don't recall telling you that you or anyone else can't enjoy the machine. People like what they like, and that's great.

And actually, you could flip your perspective and see it as me making prospective buyers aware they can get a NIB machine for much less than retail, so shop around. Saving people money, one post at a time.

BTW, thank you for your post! When I gave you a thumbs up (I only give thumbs-up), it triggered the Sore Thumbs 3 pinside achievement:

"Sore Thumbs 3 (Give 5,000 thumbs of which at least 65% positive)"

#1089 1 year ago

I just think you can do better. It’s an owners thread. Be an asset to the community and no need to make people here feel bad about their game decision. Just maybe think twice instead of just trying to reach your 24,000 pinside post milestone.

#1091 1 year ago

If you haven’t noticed yet, you can relight the duke ramp by shooting the right ramp and then left ramp after a successful kaboom ramp. Ton of fun to string these together. Follow the red/white shots.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

If you haven’t noticed yet, you can relight the duke ramp by shooting the right ramp and then left ramp after a successful kaboom ramp. Ton of fun to string these together. Follow the red/white shots.

Yup! super satisfying, I just need to work more on my right ramp shot. Need to get a little bit better at it.

#1093 1 year ago

I often contemplate a NIB TS4, but 12k+ is a hard pill to swallow. It’s good to know there are dealer discounts being had. Feel free to let me know how much and where if anyone has the hookup.

#1094 1 year ago

Have had a chance to put 70 games on my CE. Glad I didn't become dissuaded by the Pinside hate. I will start by saying it took me 40 or so games to really get a hang of it and my enjoyment on the machine increased exponentially after that point.

Theme- At release, I was surprised by the use of Toy Story 4, but the game plays like a Toy Story carnival adventure. You get the superior cut scenes from the most recent movie while getting all of the callouts one would expect "There's a snake in my boots" "To Infinity and beyond". When playing this game, I didn't feel any pangs of wishing that the game had all four movie assets. Would have been nice, but it doesn't detract from the game for me. My children like the Toy Story franchise and really like this game. We also have Godzilla, Deadpool, Rick and Morty, Wonka and The Big Lebowski. They put this game near the top of that list. We also had a kids sleepover where most games were flipped on TS4 and these were kids who had not played any of the other machines and were new to pinball. Yes, we had RM and TBL on family mode

Appearance- The artwork on this game is stunning. The CE sparkle, the red color, the lights, the topper. Playing it with the lights down really shows off the topper.

Humor- There is a lot of humor in this game. You will be made fun of by Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear) when you can't make a shot. There is a classic cut scene that my son loved from the movie where an army guy is left hanging on a high five. Honestly, bricking the Duke Caboom ramp is pretty funny in of itself.

Shots - I wanted this to be Dialed IN with a better theme as Dialed in shoots the best of the JJPs IMHO. I had been told before and I can confirm this game shoots on par with Dialed IN. Needs some "dialing in" to make it perfect though.

Value - Talk to me in a year or so or if I decide to sell. If it keeps 80-90% of original price, that would be acceptable. Would it be nice if it were cheaper? Of course. Did I feel pangs of buyer's remorse after playing it? Absolutely not.

Sound - Love the sound and the music. The Annie Potts callouts are very good (not sure what is exclusive to CE) and the Tim Allen callouts really bring the game together.

I want to get to a couple hundred games before rating the machine, but I can already see that this one is rated WAAAAY too low.

#1095 1 year ago

Ok. My out of box woes continue. I couldn’t get my plunger to push the ball to the ramp. I have re-aligned it completely. Pulled the shaft out to see if it is bent. Nothing. I grabbed an orange spring from one of my original Stern shooter rods (almost discarded when I replaced with upgrades). It now snaps very well and makes the ramp every time. I practice a few times with the power off just to see how it works. It is, however, nearly impossible to gently push to get the Skill shot. Maybe a less strong spring (green?).

I lowered the playfield and power up to play with my new snappy plunger….

I cannot get the game to start. All lights are on, but the start button is not lit. Open the door and the system control buttons internally do not work either. No volume control. Nothing. I cannot get into the system menu or anything. I have powered down and restarted multiple times. I now have nothing but a box of flashing lights.

This is my first JJP. I haven’t had this with any other machine. I’m not sure what I did. Perplexed and frustrated. Please help.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

Ok. My out of box woes continue. I couldn’t get my plunger to push the ball to the ramp. I have re-aligned it completely. Pulled the shaft out to see if it is bent. Nothing. I grabbed an orange spring from one of my original Stern shooter rods (almost discarded when I replaced with upgrades). It now snaps very well and makes the ramp every time. I practice a few times with the power off just to see how it works. It is, however, nearly impossible to gently push to get the Skill shot. Maybe a less strong spring (green?).
I lowered the playfield and power up to play with my new snappy plunger….
I cannot get the game to start. All lights are on, but the start button is not lit. Open the door and the system control buttons internally do not work either. No volume control. Nothing. I cannot get into the system menu or anything. I have powered down and restarted multiple times. I now have nothing but a box of flashing lights.
This is my first JJP. I haven’t had this with any other machine. I’m not sure what I did. Perplexed and frustrated. Please help.

Check your USB connections at that board on the inside left of the cabinet and also in the backbox at the computer behind the LCD monitor.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check your USB connections at that board on the inside left of the cabinet and also in the backbox at the computer behind the LCD monitor.

I pulled out all USBs and reset them. Powered up and it now works!

Thank you PinMonk ! I appreciate your quick and correct advice.

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I pulled out all USBs and reset them. Powered up and it now works!
Thank you PinMonk ! I appreciate your quick and correct advice.

Glad it worked out for you!

I really wish JJP would use locking USB connectors. As they use more and more usb connections, this becomes a bigger hassle because of the machine vibration shaking one or more loose somewhere after a while.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad it worked out for you!
I really wish JJP would use locking USB connectors. As they use more and more usb connections, this becomes a bigger hassle because of the machine vibration shaking one or more loose somewhere after a while.

You can zip tie them to a the wire harness
C70DE88B-7924-4571-9BE5-76236C88166A (resized).pngC70DE88B-7924-4571-9BE5-76236C88166A (resized).png

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You can zip tie them to a the wire harness
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That can provide a little more opposing force to keep them in, but isn't a guarantee they'll stay put with shaker motor action over time, and on the other end the connections are often mini-usb and singles, so nothing convenient to zip tie to. A smidge more BoM and JJP could solve this common problem. The cables and connectors already exist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/22?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.