IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 64.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In fairness, most the games in the top 100 are really good.
The only two I really disagree with being in there are The Munsters (at 100) and Family guy (at 93). Those games are pretty awful, but maybe I just don't like mini playfields with mini balls.

Jackbot deserves better than 146 too. But I digress.

#752 1 year ago

The Pinside rating is just plain crazy. Is there another Pat Lawler pinball rated lower?

In any event I quit rating games mostly due to my bias I have on games that I own.

However I like TS so much better than DP & JP which I owned and sold within months.

My taste is just way different than others on this forum. Maybe one reason why they turn over their games quickly and I don't.

Cheers.

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

The Pinside rating is just plain crazy. Is there another Pat Lawler pinball rated lower?
In any event I quit rating games mostly due to my bias I have on games that I own.
However I like TS so much better than DP & JP which I owned and sold within months.
My taste is just way different than others on this forum. Maybe one reason why they turn over their games quickly and I don't.
Cheers.

I don't put a rating on games until I've got 500+ plays against it.

And usually if it's a game that didn't stick for me I just let it be and don't bother to write up haterade, particularly if I see that what didn't work for me would work well for others.

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Jackbot deserves better than 146 too. But I digress.

At least all the other Pinbot style games made it in the top 100.

Black Hole isn't even in the top 100 and I personally think that is one of the best games ever made along with Jacks Open. The fact that Gottlieb, the biggest name in pinball for about 50 years, doesn't have a single game in the top 100 is a bit telling.

#755 1 year ago

Hey zaphx,

I just checked and my last rating was 5 years ago when I owned Mustang Pro. Then my ratings go back to 8 years ago. Still have IM, SMVE and Hobbit.

Owned Pinbot for over 25 years, great game.

I'm out of the rating game but have 235 plays in TS and probably another 10-20 more before I changed from the original code.

Cheers.

#756 1 year ago

Kind of weird that people are reporting the CEs are being made and I haven't received any word on my LE and ordered day 1. They must of sold a bunch to non-pinsiders

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Kind of weird that people are reporting the CEs are being made and I haven't received any word on my LE and ordered day 1. They must of sold a bunch to non-pinsiders

I ordered in the first 5 mins and just got mine about 2 weeks ago.

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

They aren't stopping production of LEs. They have two lines and they'll be making both CEs and LEs together.

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

NASCAR (205), but it deserves it.

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

He had quite a few poorly received games at Stern. Right now, TS4LE sits at a 7.6.

These games currently rate worse.
CSI - 7.2
Nascar - 7.4
Shrek - 7.5
RollerCoaster Tycoon - 7.1
Monopoly - 7.3

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

There must be something wrong with the rating system? How can Toy Story 4 be 163 in the line up! you've to be kidding ... I understand that many folks were disappointed about their expectations, but look at some of the titles that are being placed ahead of TS4 - - really?

Yep, really…even Greg from SDTM rated it 29th out of the 46 games he reviewed…so 163 out of 346 on Pinside is actually proportionally BETTER than how Greg rated it!

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Cool, thx. If three consecutive do you need to hit super loops first or no? Also, if you go with the Super Loops + 20 loops to qualify must you hit super loops shot first then the 20 loops or can it be vice versa?

Circling back on this, my understanding (based on testing a few things while I was cleaning the PF last night):

Super loops and bo peep loops are two different modes. Super loops being a mode on the wheel, bo peep loops being a scene to complete.

- When I hit 3 consecutive loops at any time during the game, I completed the bo peep loops scene

- When i was in the super loops mode, and hitting consecutive loops, i saw a message on the screen (after 2) 1 more to complete scene. I am assuming it meant the bo peep loops. I had to stop here as something else came up.

Curious to know if making 3 consecutive loops during super loops would achieve both the bo peep loops scene AND super loops mode.

Got some time to spend on the game without the family around the other day so I really got to dig in to it, I don't really get all the "this game is shallow" & "this game is too easy" hate. When I started the ball, I had to decide my plan.. am I going for road trip locks to get that our of the way to complete the scene? complete wheel modes and try for take a chance MB? work on completing all the games to collect characters for when I get carnival MB? and while I am doing this, keep an eye out for Gabby Gabby so I can grab Gabby Gabby MB... Bonus X... Duke Kaboom consecutive jumps... Rescue Forky.. Occasionally get it into the pops so i can have Buzz MB ready to stack when I am in another MB?

Completing the game and getting to the wizard mode is certainly more attainable that some of the other newer games I've played... but being a casual player and not playing this game hours a day (I just do not have the time), I don't see myself running out of things to do here any time soon. For me it has that "gotta play just one more time" feeling.

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Circling back on this, my understanding (based on testing a few things while I was cleaning the PF last night):
Super loops and bo peep loops are two different modes. Super loops being a mode on the wheel, bo peep loops being a scene to complete.
- When I hit 3 consecutive loops at any time during the game, I completed the bo peep loops scene
- When i was in the super loops mode, and hitting consecutive loops, i saw a message on the screen (after 2) 1 more to complete scene. I am assuming it meant the bo peep loops. I had to stop here as something else came up.
Curious to know if making 3 consecutive loops during super loops would achieve both the bo peep loops scene AND super loops mode.
Got some time to spend on the game without the family around the other day so I really got to dig in to it, I don't really get all the "this game is shallow" & "this game is too easy" hate. When I started the ball, I had to decide my plan.. am I going for road trip locks to get that our of the way to complete the scene? complete wheel modes and try for take a chance MB? work on completing all the games to collect characters for when I get carnival MB? and while I am doing this, keep an eye out for Gabby Gabby so I can grab Gabby Gabby MB... Bonus X... Duke Kaboom consecutive jumps... Rescue Forky.. Occasionally get it into the pops so i can have Buzz MB ready to stack when I am in another MB?
Completing the game and getting to the wizard mode is certainly more attainable that some of the other newer games I've played... but being a casual player and not playing this game hours a day (I just do not have the time), I don't see myself running out of things to do here any time soon. For me it has that "gotta play just one more time" feeling.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve hit 30 mil, but most of my games are between 5 and 8 mil. I’ve had plenty of balls of just a few hundred thousand, outlanes can be deadly off the slings.

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve hit 30 mil, but most of my games are between 5 and 8 mil. I’ve had plenty of balls of just a few hundred thousand, outlanes can be deadly off the slings.

I played around with the slings and bumped the power in an effort to minimize hitting the outlanes (and to stop those crazy long volleys between them)

#765 1 year ago

At least all the other Pinbot style games made it in the top 100.
Black Hole isn't even in the top 100 and I personally think that is one of the best games ever made along with Jacks Open. The fact that Gottlieb, the biggest name in pinball for about 50 years, doesn't have a single game in the top 100 is a bit telling.

Except that Gottlieb was way behind the curve in the SS-era. If you check the EM 100, plenty of Gottlieb representation there.

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Except that Gottlieb was way behind the curve in the SS-era. If you check the EM 100, plenty of Gottlieb representation there.

This is true

#767 1 year ago

Well I finally made it to the end. Over 250 games to get there. It was LOTS of fun getting there AND completing the wizard mode.

IMG_3667 (resized).jpegIMG_3667 (resized).jpeg
#768 1 year ago

Well I finally made it to the end. Over 250 games to get there. It was LOTS of fun getting there AND completing the wizard mode.[quoted image]

We’re you able to get through both characters (buzz and woody)? Watching the stream it seems it gets harder the 2nd time around.

Wondering what your thoughts are on that.

#769 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

We’re you able to get through both characters (buzz and woody)? Watching the stream it seems it gets harder the 2nd time around.

Yeah, you have to get through both characters on meet me at the Carousel to truly "complete" the game. But boo on Katz/Lawlor for just making it the same journey but harder to to the second character. There should be some new content on the other character so there's some incentive to DO it. Harder for the sake of harder alone is lame. Hoping they fix that like they eventually fixed the boring cell phone progression on Dialed In.

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yes, I believe I got through the two characters and through "stage 4" which it said completion of the game. It wasn't easy at all, but by playing it constantly I got better at some of the difficult shots. My wife kept reading the iPad to tell me where to shoot because if you take your eyes off the playfield for a fraction of a second you can kiss the ball goodbye. I can try an additional 200 times again and may not get there, but at least I did it once

It is a fun game.

#771 1 year ago

Yes, I believe I got through the two characters and through "stage 4" which it said completion of the game. It wasn't easy at all, but by playing it constantly I got better at some of the difficult shots. My wife kept reading the iPad to tell me where to shoot because if you take your eyes off the playfield for a fraction of a second you can kiss the ball goodbye. I can try an additional 200 times again and may not get there, but at least I did it once
It is a fun game.

You have to get there TWICE in the same game….you made it to the end just one time…so you’re only HALFWAY there…

#772 1 year ago

NIcely done.

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

You have to get there TWICE in the same game….you made it to the end just one time…so you’re only HALFWAY there…

Wow! Another challenge to look for

#774 1 year ago

I made it to the Woody portion of the meet me at the carousel on my 7th game and missed completing it by 1 shot. It was lots of fun. In my next 100 games I haven't even come close...wtf!? lol This game is a lot more than meets the eye. People need to wake up and let themselves enjoy it.

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I made it to the Woody portion of the meet me at the carousel on my 7th game and missed completing it by 1 shot. It was lots of fun. In my next 100 games I haven't even come close...wtf!? lol This game is a lot more than meets the eye. People need to wake up and let themselves enjoy it.

Being as you currently own all of Lawlor's JJP titles.

How do you think TS4 stands up against Wonka and Dialed In?

#776 1 year ago

Being as you currently own all of Lawlor's JJP titles.
How do you think TS4 stands up against Wonka and Dialed In?

1.DI
2.Wonka
3.TS4 at this point in code.

#777 1 year ago

I own all 3 as well and agree with Sugar on the order. That being said I'm completely satisfied with Toy Story and see no reason to sell it.

#778 1 year ago

TS4 machines have made their way to Spain! Cant wait to have mine at home.

#779 1 year ago

With all of the talk of shallow code, lack of depth, etc what’s the likelihood that we’ll see more code with more things to do?

They’ve never left a single title alone with no code updates

#780 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

With all of the talk of shallow code, lack of depth, etc what’s the likelihood that we’ll see more code with more things to do?

They did it with wonka recently, didnt they?. And as I´ve heard, the machine got better (I dont own one, just what I read around forums), so I expect they´ll do the same with this one.

#781 1 year ago

saw on FB today that CE are shipping , anyone else?

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

saw on FB today that CE are shipping , anyone else?

Yup. Here is the post.

Screenshot_20220824-132138_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220824-132138_Facebook (resized).jpg
#783 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Quoted from ViNsEDj:

They did it with wonka recently, didnt they?. And as I´ve heard, the machine got better (I dont own one, just what I read around forums), so I expect they´ll do the same with this one.

It was the opposite actually. People were saying the game was too difficult, too hard to progress so they changed it up with the 2.0 code.

Joe Katz said this: "My main objective with 2.0 was to offer a fresh playing experience. While keeping the spirit of the original ruleset intact I decreased the overall game difficulty and added a few surprises along the way"

In my opinion V2 code is much better and more fun. With TS4 they would have to go the other way and add things, which they may do who knows.

#784 1 year ago

I would like the the Pixar ball shooter for my LE. Any modders doing this yet?

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

IMHO, many of the people complaining of shallow code/lack of depth are the ones who are relying on watching a stream or maybe playing it once or twice on location. Having owned it for a month or so now, I don't find it shallow or lacking depth at all. That being said, there is always room for improvement. Others will have differing opinions, which is fine. YMMV

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Same here!

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Not the pixel ball, but this one looks really cool. I actually like it better.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-toy-story4/jersey-jack-pinball-toy-story-sculpted-shooter-rod-by-the-art-of-pinball/

C1EB1321-D1E7-4603-8F7D-F81943EA339D (resized).jpegC1EB1321-D1E7-4603-8F7D-F81943EA339D (resized).jpeg
#788 1 year ago

Having owned it for a month or so now, I don't find it shallow or lacking depth at all. That being said, there is always room for improvement. Others will have differing opinions, which is fine. YMMV

That's awesome to hear glad you're enjoying it! That's all that matters.

#789 1 year ago

The last 2.0 Wonka update stated in post 783 was fantastic.

The 2 big changes I love are qualifying for kids can be carried forward when you lose the ball. That progress was gone when you lost the ball.

Also.when you get the first golden ticket you can select random mini wizard mode and not stuck with the same one. Oompa loompa oddesty

I like the current code, plenty for me to do and not linear.

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Also.when you get the first golden ticket you can select random mini wizard mode and not stuck with the same one. Oompa loompa oddesty

Never spotted that one. How do you make this selection?

#791 1 year ago

Hemispheres has their ce’s so they are shipping!

#792 1 year ago

Go into Settings then game settings
scroll down to last option under golden tickets at very end

change random golden tickets to YES,

Have fun really helps make the game, you get Wonka's office and the most secret machine which is crazy . and OLO.

Good luck

#793 1 year ago

I hope it’s OK for a non-owner to invade your thread with an opinion, but I have played a lot of this game on location and I think the rating on it is very unfair.

There needs to be some pinball games that are accessible pieces of game design for a mass audience. That is Toy Story. It’s why children were so prominent in the launch video.

I think the fact that it’s not designed for the hardest core players first has led to some really weird backlash.

This is not a game for me just because I’ve never really cared about the movies. But many of the things I love about my Twilight Zone are present here too.

#794 1 year ago

IMHO, many of the people complaining of shallow code/lack of depth are the ones who are relying on watching a stream or maybe playing it once or twice on location. Having owned it for a month or so now, I don't find it shallow or lacking depth at all. That being said, there is always room for improvement. Others will have differing opinions, which is fine. YMMV

It CERTAINLY needs some kind of differentiation between the two character completions of Meet Me at the Carousel so you're not doing the same things, only more annoyingly hard. It also needs some other objectives to break up the pervasive carnival-itis. There's a lot going on at the Antique store in the movie, and the game has those two controllable benson posts. Seems like they could make something cool with that.

But the only major complaint I have with the game isn't the code or depth but the sound package. It is really annoying, IMO. Not enough variety in themes, and the sound effects and callouts don't work well together, but seem to just jump into the echo chamber and make an unpleasant cacophony way too often. The comparison between what the mobile game developer who did the sound for TS4 turned in and what David Thiel did for JJP is STARK. I don't expect it to be fixed because it's a pervasive issue that would require a complete overhaul of TS4's system, and that's not happening. I just turned it way down, which is a bummer. PotC, Hobbit and GnR were never turned down.

Anyway, that's my perspective on it. Yeah, the code and depth could use a little work, but the sound package and integration is the real issue, IMO. For operators, though, it's a beautiful game that will attract casual players all day long, and since the volume is usually low on location, the sound isn't a big issue for them.

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Go into Settings then game settings
scroll down to last option under golden tickets at very end
change random golden tickets to YES,
Have fun really helps make the game, you get Wonka's office and the most secret machine which is crazy . and OLO.
Good luck

Thanks for that - missed it entirely. Great to know and thanks!

(Sorry for the Wonka digression everyone however I’m a looming TS4CE owner)

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It CERTAINLY needs some kind of differentiation between the two character completions of Meet Me at the Carousel so you're not doing the same things, only more annoyingly hard.

Agree on this, good point.

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It CERTAINLY needs some kind of differentiation between the two character completions of Meet Me at the Carousel so you're not doing the same things, only more annoyingly hard. It also needs some other objectives to break up the pervasive carnival-itis. There's a lot going on at the Antique store in the movie, and the game has those two controllable benson posts. Seems like they could make something cool with that.
But the only major complaint I have with the game isn't the code or depth but the sound package. It is really annoying, IMO. Not enough variety in themes, and the sound effects and callouts don't work well together, but seem to just jump into the echo chamber and make an unpleasant cacophony way too often. The comparison between what the mobile game developer who did the sound for TS4 turned in and what David Thiel did for JJP is STARK. I don't expect it to be fixed because it's a pervasive issue that would require a complete overhaul of TS4's system, and that's not happening. I just turned it way down, which is a bummer. PotC, Hobbit and GnR were never turned down.
Anyway, that's my perspective on it. Yeah, the code and depth could use a little work, but the sound package and integration is the real issue, IMO. For operators, though, it's a beautiful game that will attract casual players all day long, and since the volume is usually low on location, the sound isn't a big issue for them.

I think the virtual pinball screen could also be programmed to play a completely different way…how about hitting shots on the real playfield affecting something on that screen in realtime? For example hitting the jump ramp would be reflected on the screen as rolling the ball down the middle of a Skee Ball, with a timer so you have to hit a requisite number of shots to maximize the jackpot bonus…or a whack-an-alien game on the VR Pinball screen when you need to hit gabby gabby with the benson posts popping up to make the shot tougher…I think they only scratched the surface with the VR Pinball and it affecting the actual pops….there seems to be a lot of room for expansion but with JJP I just don’t see them going to the trouble of doing these kinds of massive updates…

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I think the virtual pinball screen could also be programmed to play a completely different way…how about hitting shots on the real playfield affecting something on that screen in realtime? For example hitting the jump ramp would be reflected on the screen as rolling the ball down the middle of a Skee Ball, with a timer so you have to hit a requisite number of shots to maximize the jackpot bonus…or a whack-an-alien game on the VR Pinball screen when you need to hit gabby gabby with the benson posts popping up to make the shot tougher…I think they only scratched the surface with the VR Pinball and it affecting the actual pops….there seems to be a lot of room for expansion but with JJP I just don’t see them going to the trouble of doing these kinds of massive updates…

They are already doing what you are suggesting. The carnival games are represented on the small screen and react to the correct shots.

#799 1 year ago

Does anyone know what this extra threaded hole is for?

DD5A679B-A292-4980-AC73-04C53EB74E47 (resized).jpegDD5A679B-A292-4980-AC73-04C53EB74E47 (resized).jpeg
#800 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Does anyone know what this extra threaded hole is for? [quoted image]

For a post pass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/16?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.