IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 63.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Hi, which Cliffys are needed for this game?

Inlane switch protectors - they once again dropped the ball directly on the switch which will destroy the wood over time.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Great image! Mine is exactly like this. I wonder if it is to curve the momentum of the ball to follow the trail. However, if you hit the ball on the left hand side of the ramp it doesnt gain enough height to clear the stuff in front. Perhaps I should simply increase the flipper strength for the Duke shot?

One of the JJP techs reached out to me about your issue by mistake. According to them, "There are 4 adjustment hex posts below the playfield that allows you to change the height of any of the corners.".

I hope that helps!

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve been helping him test the shooter lane protectors, but the last set he sent me hasn’t arrived and may be lost in the mail. He thinks it might be the same ones for GnR. The first set he sent me didn’t fit. The inlane switch protectors should be the same as for other games. I sent him pics and measurements for the scoop, not sure if he has plans for a protector. Are there other areas that need protection? Not sure about the woody and buzz saucers.

The scoop has such an odd shape on the cutout, curious to see what Cliff does for that. Standard switch slot protectors work fine on this game for the drops. Saucers would be nice if possible.

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

One of the JJP techs reached out to me about your issue by mistake. According to them, "There are 4 adjustment hex posts below the playfield that allows you to change the height of any of the corners.".
I hope that helps!

I believe that only adjusts the height of the corners when down against the PF, so you can make sure its smooth/level. I think it probably skews to the left to try and hit that loop shot properly.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Great image! Mine is exactly like this. I wonder if it is to curve the momentum of the ball to follow the trail. However, if you hit the ball on the left hand side of the ramp it doesnt gain enough height to clear the stuff in front. Perhaps I should simply increase the flipper strength for the Duke shot?

What's the incline of your machine? regardless, I'd try pumping up the left duke kaboom flipper strength as you mentioned and see if that does it.

#706 1 year ago

I posted this message on another TS4 thread, but though this thread needed to be included:

"TS4 is a good pin. I own a LE, and I am really enjoying it. The main reason that it is being rated as it is, is not because of the play, theme, or "lack of toys," but rather because of the price; it has little to do with the game itself. I noticed that many raters do not own one and are basing their rating by playing a few games at an arcade or bar. I've been playing pinball for a long time, and can attest that it takes more than a dozen games to evaluate a pinball machine. Maybe the marketing strategy was not par with the expectations, but the machine is really a beautiful pin with lots of fun. I respect everyone's opinion, but disagree with the negative characterization this pin has received."

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I posted this message on another TS4 thread, but though this thread needed to be included:
"TS4 is a good pin. I own a LE, and I am really enjoying it. The main reason that it is being rated as it is, is not because of the play, theme, or "lack of toys," but rather because of the price; it has little to do with the game itself. I noticed that many raters do not own one and are basing their rating by playing a few games at an arcade or bar. I've been playing pinball for a long time, and can attest that it takes more than a dozen games to evaluate a pinball machine. Maybe the marketing strategy was not par with the expectations, but the machine is really a beautiful pin with lots of fun. I respect everyone's opinion, but disagree with the negative characterization this pin has received."

You’ll be selling in under 12 months…

#708 1 year ago

I agree, I would like to add that this game has met my expectations. It's just so much fun. I understand the price point, but this completes my JJP PL trifecta and I did average down a bit getting the Wonka Standard edition.
Two of my grandsons were playing today and had a ball. They both want Gabby Gabby and Duke Caboom and get competitive when one gets multiball and the other doesn't.

I have over 200 plays ( about 5 weeks) and that compares to my MBr over 3 years at 1400. Had a problem the Bo Peep spinner came loose and ended in the tunnel. Wondered why balls would get stuck periodically. That spinner is blocked from my view but now I know. JJP sent a new spinner.
Only thing I would change is getting the extra ball presentation, it's lacking especially when you compare getting an extra ball on Attack From Mars, or Monster Bash. However both DI and Wonka seem much better, just don't seem to notice it on Toy Story.

Lastly, Toy Story 4 is fine with me. I've maybe only seen the first Toy Story and that was years ago. I bought the game knowing Pat Lawlor designed it and JJP would make it.

Cheers

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

You’ll be selling in under 12 months…

B8F96849-A0F4-4872-B175-BD7E0D4C751A.gifB8F96849-A0F4-4872-B175-BD7E0D4C751A.gif

#710 1 year ago

finally played meet me at the carousel today. Got bo peep finished and then was like..oooh go go go go

#711 1 year ago

JJP says CEs are going on in less than two weeks. Here we go!

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

JJP says CEs are going on in less than two weeks. Here we go!

What is your source? Or are you just basing this on their original estimate.

#713 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

finally played meet me at the carousel today. Got bo peep finished and then was like..oooh go go go go

Can you please verify how you complete the Bo Peep loops requirement? Do you need to qualify super loops on the wheel then over the course of play hit 20 peep loops or hit three consecutive peep loops (no super spinner needed)? Three consecutive peep loops has been tough to achieve. Thx

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can you please verify how you complete the Bo Peep loops requirement? Do you need to qualify super loops on the wheel then over the course of play hit 20 peep loops or hit three consecutive peep loops (no super spinner needed)? Three consecutive peep loops has been tough to achieve. Thx

From my understanding, it's either. You can either chain the loops together, back to back to back. Or you can spin the wheel to super loops, and make three loops, not chaining them together.

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. Haven't really seen anyone else making anything for the game, maybe because the price is too high for them to buy the game and develop mods, their heart isn't into it for this title, or they think there won't be demand, which I have found not to be the case. The plastic sign over the scoop and the fennel cakes plastic box on the left ramp are prime candidates for replacement. We don't make those, but someone else should.
To be honest, mods for jjp games are relatively limited. Wonka, and maybe to a lesser extent woz and potc, had a fair amount, but not much for gnr, dialed in or the hobbit.

I read this while redoing a transition plate for my slink dog mod and Lermods is right about that back corner. I started this today, but its not finished. I will be adding more to the fence line and the ferris wheel will have spokes and seats I just need to stop for today. Thanks for planting the idea. Nothing is cleaned up, but I wanted to see it in that space. I think it works..
472C07AD-7D80-4292-8167-148E64CC4BBA (resized).jpeg472C07AD-7D80-4292-8167-148E64CC4BBA (resized).jpeg0E497473-08BB-44B0-9E44-AD8584C627CA (resized).jpeg0E497473-08BB-44B0-9E44-AD8584C627CA (resized).jpeg6DC04E6F-3240-4A12-A306-951BD69C9DDC (resized).jpeg6DC04E6F-3240-4A12-A306-951BD69C9DDC (resized).jpeg

D717870A-B44A-429B-8B52-379186EBFEFC (resized).jpegD717870A-B44A-429B-8B52-379186EBFEFC (resized).jpeg
#716 1 year ago

Wonka is so great.

This Lawlor pin, despite the money grab, gotta be decent

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

In my case, I made the three conseq loops.

As our game has aged, its been easier to get loops... but ironically harder to get caboom jumps and backhand the left ramp anymore. I went ahead and cleaned and waxed the game tonight to see if dirt/slowdown was the cause.

#718 1 year ago

#719 1 year ago

Finally broke the 20M barrier ...

IMG_3651 (resized).jpegIMG_3651 (resized).jpeg
#720 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I read this while redoing a transition plate for my slink dog mod and Lermods is right about that back corner. I started this today, but its not finished. I will be adding more to the fence line and the ferris wheel will have spokes and seats I just need to stop for today. Thanks for planting the idea. Nothing is cleaned up, but I wanted to see it in that space. I think it works..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

An interactive carousel or Ferris wheel would be cool mods for the game. There isn’t a whole lot of room, though. For the Ferris’s wheel, if you could make it move with the ball passing under it, might be kind of cool. If I made one, I’d probably try to motorize it to make it spin.

#721 1 year ago

Question for Toy Story owners.

When credits roll by in attract mode. Is LTG : ) still on the list, usually last ?

I don't have the game to check. I appreciate if anyone knows.

Thank you,
LTG : )

#722 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

When credits roll by in attract mode. Is LTG : ) still on the list, usually last ?
Thank you,

I’m waiting on the credits………to show……

#723 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you,

No

#724 1 year ago

Thank you for checking. I appreciate your help.

Wow. They were thorough in getting rid of me.

Since others were on previous games that weren't even with the company, I thought they'd leave me.

So much for always being like family.

#725 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for checking. I appreciate your help.
Wow. They were thorough in getting rid of me.
Since others were on previous games that weren't even with the company, I thought they'd leave me.
So much for always being like family.

I’m sorry Lloyd…..I was unappreciated and treated poorly for 26 years from an employer. Then they closed and moved to Mexico. One more smack in the face, I lost my 30 and out retirement. Instead of an asset many employees are treated as a liability by their employer. Dirt bags!

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

I’m sorry Lloyd…..I was unappreciated and treated poorly for 26 years from an employer. Then they closed and moved to Mexico. One more smack in the face, I lost my 30 and out retirement. Instead of an asset many employees are treated as a liability by their employer. Dirt bags!

Yes it's a hard lesson to learn. Get told he hoped I'd be with the company a long time. I guess a long time is a year and a half. I was loyal to the last second. Told I will always be like family. Never received something I was promised by three people.

At least I'm still me, and always will be. And I'm happy being me. Making my little corner of pinball better.

#727 1 year ago

At the end of the day Lloyd , I'm sure everyone here on Pinside appreciates your advice and help .
Sorry it hasn't worked out the way you would have liked .

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At the end of the day Lloyd , I'm sure everyone here on Pinside appreciates your advice and help .

Thank you my friend !

Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry it hasn't worked out the way you would have liked .

It may have. Things always seem to work out for the best.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Things always seem to work out for the best.

I'm a big believer in , if it's meant to be - it's meant to be .
You have so much good will in this community I'm sure everything will work out for you .

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you my friend !

It may have. Things always seem to work out for the best.

You’re one of the best. Always super helpful. It’s their loss…

#731 1 year ago

What is your source? Or are you just basing this on their original estimate.

I emailed them to ask, and they said they're setting up the line for CE production as of last week. I bet it takes a couple weeks to prepare the line for production, then off they go. so let's hope the first CEs come off the line in two weeks or less. Either way, i'm glad they are setting the line up for CEs

#732 1 year ago

So…back in March with the speculation re Toy Story, and being totally in on the theme, I wanted to have something on the wall next to it that reflected the fun and magic of the movies, based primarily on Andy’s room - plus a few cheeky adult bits like the movies. So I had someone I know work this up. It arrived this week and (I think) did a good job in capturing that. I am staying in on the CE - but of course kinda wish the pin was a bit more theme-ish on the earlier movies (no surprise to all). Having said that, great to hear the positive reviews from you guys and from that I am looking forward to uniting the pin with what’s on the wall next to it for sure!!

7B1C8AC8-DDE4-4B01-ACE1-2FB748D252C4.jpeg7B1C8AC8-DDE4-4B01-ACE1-2FB748D252C4.jpeg
#733 1 year ago

I've been thinking along the same lines (artwork around the pin). For us, TS4 as a theme has worked out fine, the carnival games remind us of hanging out at pixar pier in the California Adventure park and going on all the midway mania rides and games. I was trying to find some artwork for the pin area and stumbled upon this gentleman on Etsy that re-created (or copied, haha, not sure) some of the posters from that area of the park. I had them custom sized and printed onto white film for backlighting and bought these light boxes (also from Etsy). I really like how it turned out. The posters are kinda washed out in the first pic so i took a second and brought down the lighting/contrast.

20220815_111759 (resized).jpg20220815_111759 (resized).jpg20220815_111948 (resized).jpg20220815_111948 (resized).jpg
#734 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

So…back in March with the speculation re Toy Story, and being totally in on the theme, I wanted to have something on the wall next to it that reflected the fun and magic of the movies, based primarily on Andy’s room - plus a few cheeky adult bits like the movies. So I had someone I know work this up. It arrived this week and (I think) did a good job in capturing that. I am staying in on the CE - but of course kinda wish the pin was a bit more theme-ish on the earlier movies (no surprise to all). Having said that, great to hear the positive reviews from you guys and from that I am looking forward to uniting the pin with what’s on the wall next to it for sure!!
[quoted image]

Cool artwork...

Had money flowed form the trees I would have kept my CE order. Sadly, only 1 slot available for a new pin I decided to go with Wonka.

TS4 is a fun game and well.... perhaps I can join the club when its right for me. Not now.

#735 1 year ago

LCD cover by MEZELmods.

20220810_183941 (resized).jpg20220810_183941 (resized).jpg
#736 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

LCD cover by MEZELmods.
[quoted image]

Like it. Don’t see on your store?

#737 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

In my case, I made the three conseq loops.
As our game has aged, its been easier to get loops... but ironically harder to get caboom jumps and backhand the left ramp anymore. I went ahead and cleaned and waxed the game tonight to see if dirt/slowdown was the cause.

Cool, thx. If three consecutive do you need to hit super loops first or no? Also, if you go with the Super Loops + 20 loops to qualify must you hit super loops shot first then the 20 loops or can it be vice versa?

#738 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I've been thinking along the same lines (artwork around the pin). For us, TS4 as a theme has worked out fine, the carnival games remind us of hanging out at pixar pier in the California Adventure park and going on all the midway mania rides and games. I was trying to find some artwork for the pin area and stumbled upon this gentleman on Etsy that re-created (or copied, haha, not sure) some of the posters from that area of the park. I had them custom sized and printed onto white film for backlighting and bought these light boxes (also from Etsy). I really like how it turned out. The posters are kinda washed out in the first pic so i took a second and brought down the lighting/contrast.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That lit pinball neon infinite mirror piece is awesome too! Where'd you get that?

#739 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

LCD cover by MEZELmods.
[quoted image]

Want!!!!

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

LCD cover by MEZELmods.
[quoted image]

Have you tried the knobs on the long side of the rectangle screen? You know like the original….. not sure how it would look but I’m feeling like it might look more like the real thing. Curious if you tried it. Other than that it looks fantastic

#742 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Cool, thx. If three consecutive do you need to hit super loops first or no? Also, if you go with the Super Loops + 20 loops to qualify must you hit super loops shot first then the 20 loops or can it be vice versa?

Frankly I don't know the details that closely. I believe 3 conseq loops will do it without any other qualifier.

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Frankly I don't know the details that closely. I believe 3 conseq loops will do it without any other qualifier.

You still need to get Super Loops on the wheel first.

#744 1 year ago

There must be something wrong with the rating system? How can Toy Story 4 be 163 in the line up! you've to be kidding ... I understand that many folks were disappointed about their expectations, but look at some of the titles that are being placed ahead of TS4 - - really?

Quoted from moat-pin:

Like it. Don’t see on your store?

Quoted from Tmezel:

LCD cover by MEZELmods.
[quoted image]

Can't find it in your web site ...

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

LCD cover by MEZELmods.

Looks to be a must have mod. Looking forward to seeing pics turned on and how the lights look. Should have been designed like this in the first place.

#746 1 year ago

There must be something wrong with the rating system? How can Toy Story 4 be 163 in the line up! you've to be kidding ... I understand that many folks were disappointed about their expectations, but look at some of the titles that are being placed ahead of TS4 - - really?

That's what tells it all, 163 is fake news.

#747 1 year ago

In fairness, most the games in the top 100 are really good.

The only two I really disagree with being in there are The Munsters (at 100) and Family guy (at 93). Those games are pretty awful, but maybe I just don't like mini playfields with mini balls.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

That's what tells it all, 163 is fake news.

IMO, the rating likely reflects people being angry with the price. In my ratings, it scores a little low in toys/gimmicks and depth of code, but gets high marks otherwise.

#749 1 year ago

Can't find it in your web site ...

Ignore the pinside rating, sadly it has little meaning now a days. my .02 is to just let the haters hate and enjoy the game.

#750 1 year ago

In fairness, most the games in the top 100 are really good.
The only two I really disagree with being in there are The Munsters (at 100) and Family guy (at 93). Those games are pretty awful, but maybe I just don't like mini playfields with mini balls.

Agree, I'll take tiki party pinball over stewie pinball any day, lol. (no offence to any TS4 owners who also happen to have FG, love the show though)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/15?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.