IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 64.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone else get stuck with a machine that had the lockbar receiver mounted way too high on the front of the cabinet? Mine is mounted flush with the top of the wood such that the glass scrapes across it and the lockbar sits about 3/8" above the side rails. Unfortunately going to have to drill out the lockbar receiver mounting points to drop it lower into the cabinet given its height is largely dictated by the bolts running through the front of the cabinet......ugh. Other than that I've had zero gameplay issues in the first 50 games, which is amazing by any manufacturers standards.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine isnt too high, but was slightly off to one side which made it really difficult to get the lockdown bar on/off. All i did was just slightly loosen the nuts on the other side, took a screwdriver and a hammer and just give it a few good taps to center it and the tightened it back up.

#653 1 year ago

Not on the website yet, but here's a direct link for manual download:

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/ToyStory4-v01.08.iso

#654 1 year ago

Just have jjp ship a new one if defective. For the price you shouldn’t have to drill this out.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not on the website yet, but here's a direct link for manual download:
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ts/ToyStory4-v01.08.iso

The pin advised me via WiFi that there was an update and I downloaded it and installed it in a couple of minutes via WiFi -- no brainer, the pin and Wifi do it all.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

The pin advised me via WiFi that there was an update and I downloaded it and installed it in a couple of minutes via WiFi -- no brainer, the pin and Wifi do it all.

How’s it going Avid? Still having fun on TS4

#657 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone else get stuck with a machine that had the lockbar receiver mounted way too high on the front of the cabinet? Mine is mounted flush with the top of the wood such that the glass scrapes across it and the lockbar sits about 3/8" above the side rails. Unfortunately going to have to drill out the lockbar receiver mounting points to drop it lower into the cabinet given its height is largely dictated by the bolts running through the front of the cabinet......ugh. Other than that I've had zero gameplay issues in the first 50 games, which is amazing by any manufacturers standards.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

THose brass screws are for adjusting the height, screw them down until the bar is nice and flush but you can still easily close the lockbar lever.

#658 1 year ago

Does anyone else’s ball jump off the right track just below the duke kaboom clear plastic on top? It’s almost like it needs one small guide on it.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Did you get a 1.08 changelog with the wifi version? Because the website hasn't updated the changelog, so no way to tell what's different.

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

THose brass screws are for adjusting the height, screw them down until the bar is nice and flush but you can still easily close the lockbar lever.

They are as low as they can get with the bar still able to latch closed. Something is super goofy.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Does anyone else’s ball jump off the right track just below the duke kaboom clear plastic on top? It’s almost like it needs one small guide on it.

That happens around 25% of the time to the TS4 on location near me.

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Actually, owners seem to be pretty satisfied with it.

Makes no sense why it’s rated so low. I really enjoy it.

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get a 1.08 changelog with the wifi version? Because the website hasn't updated the changelog, so no way to tell what's different.

1.08 was released early for wifi users and is coming to the website shortly.

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

1.08 was released early for wifi users and is coming to the website shortly.

The code's already there just without a link (I posted the direct link), they just didn't update the changelog.

#665 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How’s it going Avid? Still having fun on TS4

Yes that's all I play. I'm getting deeper into the game. I'm finding out that some of the so called "easy shots" are not that easy. One factor is the continues changes of options throughout the game generated by the spinning wheel. For example the extra ball lights up in the scoop and you better get it soon or it'll be gone before you know it. The skill shot continues to challenge me every time; and the sequence to rescue forky is challenging because if you miss your scoop shot, you have to start with the forky targets all over again.

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before you start the download, the change log is shown on the monitor and you can decide whether to update or not.

#667 1 year ago

Here’s the changelog from the game.

C00CE5F7-FBD0-488E-A226-AE5B1A4ACDF3 (resized).jpegC00CE5F7-FBD0-488E-A226-AE5B1A4ACDF3 (resized).jpeg
#668 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:Yes that's all I play. I'm getting deeper into the game. I'm finding out that some of the so called "easy shots" are not that easy. One factor is the continues changes of options throughout the game generated by the spinning wheel. For example the extra ball lights up in the scoop and you better get it soon or it'll be gone before you know it. The skill shot continues to challenge me every time; and the sequence to rescue forky is challenging because if you miss your scoop shot, you have to start with the forky targets all over again.

The people that say this game is easy because they watched a pro's webcast, are greatly mistaken. There are a few easy shots. There are also a few really hard shots (that you need to make to progress) that are punishing if you miss.

#670 1 year ago

Looks like they still need to add the spinning disc mech

#671 1 year ago

Such an ongoing half-assed, amateur-hour effort.

The pages with the terrible screen-cap-looking menu trees are still there
The flipper mechs completely missing in the last one were thrown in at the END of the section instead of near the beginning where they customarily go.
The wheel mech is STILL completely missing.
The above playfield mech section is an inscrutable photo instead of an illustration.
The schematics are jpgs instead of scalable EPS vector graphics so when they're ganged up and you zoom in to get labels they are an illegible mess instead of scaling up smoothly like the PotC one and other JJP manuals from before do. Forget about doing diagnostics with the TS4 ones. They might as well leave them out rather than what they did. They're LITERALLY useless for diagnostic work.

toy-story-4-zoomed-in (resized).jpgtoy-story-4-zoomed-in (resized).jpg
POTC-zoomed-in (resized).jpgPOTC-zoomed-in (resized).jpg

The menu trees are the worst because it's LITERALLY a 10-15 minute fix. The example below is how they look and the fix that took me literally 15 minutes - and that's for the first one. The others on the other pages that have them are similar, so they could be just modified versions of this page's tree, which would take even less time to fix. So maybe 30 minutes to fix all the menu tree pages so they don't look pathetic. If this is being done in Illustrator (where it should be), the person doing it has no idea how to do it because ALL these charts should be scalable with no loss of resolution no matter how large you make them.

Current sad manual page
Page 8 example.jpgPage 8 example.jpg
Fixed
Page 8 example-fixed.jpgPage 8 example-fixed.jpg

Key mech still missing from the new attempt at a manual:
spinning wheel mech.pdfspinning wheel mech.pdf

#672 1 year ago

Peel Butch Peel

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Peel Butch Peel

Hand down greatest manual man there is. ( with CGC now )

Sadly, once a company dumps on him, I doubt he'd ever go back.

LTG : (

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Peel Butch Peel

I mean, I think it's terrible what JJP management did to Butch. It was also bad for JJP - an unforced error. But it's not like ANY proficient technical writer couldn't lay this manual out in their sleep. They have clearly inexperienced (probably cheaper) people doing this now, and it shows. The schematics section, especially, is unusable due to the way this was done that doesn't allow scaling at full res. The blobby mess you get makes it next to impossible to follow the schematics.

If JJP didn't have a record of the crème de la crème of pinball manuals due to Butch's talent before they unceremoniously canned him, it wouldn't be so GLARING how awful the JJP manuals are now.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I mean, I think it's terrible what JJP management did to Butch. It was also bad for JJP - an unforced error. But it's not like ANY proficient technical writer couldn't lay this manual out in their sleep. They have clearly inexperienced (probably cheaper) people doing this now, and it shows. The schematics section, especially, is unusable due to the way this was done that doesn't allow scaling at full res. The blobby mess you get makes it next to impossible to follow the schematics.
If JJP didn't have a record of the crème de la crème of pinball manuals due to Butch's talent before they unceremoniously canned him, it wouldn't be so GLARING how awful the JJP manuals are now.

The manual is impossible to read when you zoom in, like you said. For what they are charging for games, they need to do better. Butch took great pride in his work, this effort I just don’t know what they are thinking.

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The manual is impossible to read when you zoom in, like you said.

It's because it was created incorrectly. The person doing it doesn't know what they are doing. JJP needs to fork over a few more bucks to get an actual technical writer with layout experience to fix it. Will they? Probably not.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's because it was created incorrectly. The person doing it doesn't know what they are doing. JJP needs to fork over a few more bucks to get an actual technical writer with layout experience to fix it. Will they? Probably not.

Alright here we go!
Give Lloyd new games and info when they come out.
Rehire Butch Peel with a raise
Talk David Theil into being their sound man forever!
Oh and rerun POTC so my buddy can buy one!
Now I’m done

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Alright here we go!
I’m done

Lloyd is ready whenever they are, he's made that clear.
Butch is happily (it seems) over at CGC and unlikely to come back where he's not wanted.
I *sincerely hope* JJP has hooked up with David Thiel again after Deeproot imploded. His prior work for them was without peer.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Alright here we go!
I’m done

Surprised you didn't throw in "remake Pirates" in that wish list

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Surprised you didn't throw in "remake Pirates" in that wish list

That's a $12k LE no one would complain about.

#681 1 year ago

After getting to wizard mode recently I noticed my right ramp is not registering.
Where is the switch or sensor for the right ramp?

Thanks =)

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

Where is the switch or sensor for the right ramp?

Go to Tests - Switches Matrixed - Single Switch Test scroll through them to find it, hit Enter and it should light up on the playfield picture on the screen.

Call jjp and tell them you really miss LTG : )

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go to Tests - Switches Matrixed - Single Switch Test scroll through them to find it, hit Enter and it should light up on the playfield picture on the screen.
Call jjp and tell them you really miss LTG : )

Ahh thanks, This is my first JJP. Now I know!!! =)

#684 1 year ago

Can someone explain the super loops scene completion to me? And what does it mean when the scene light is flashing versus solid?

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Can someone explain the super loops scene completion to me? And what does it mean when the scene light is flashing versus solid?

Flashing means you've started it, solid light means you've completed it.

#686 1 year ago

Thanks! To start it do you simply get the wheel bonus set to super loops or is it more complex than that? And to complete it you do what - hit the woody saucer and then the bo peep loop?

#687 1 year ago

Is there supposed to be a gap here at the bottom of the screw for the wheel? My wheel is going out of control and I think it is because there is too much up and down play. I don't see a way to remove this screw to add a washer or something. Any tips? Thank you

20220813_151855 (resized).jpg20220813_151855 (resized).jpg
#688 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there supposed to be a gap here

Yes. Gravity holds it down so it's level with the playfield. So there can be a little play.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I don't see a way to remove this screw to add a washer or something. Any tips?

It's a screw. Hold the record and unscrew it. Add a washer or two, to lessen the gap, but don't make it tight, it's won't spin.

LTG : )

#689 1 year ago

Should be in the club Monday afternoon!!! The spade is ready!

3FBBE47B-FF6D-4FE6-BADC-D03F397C3E5B (resized).jpeg3FBBE47B-FF6D-4FE6-BADC-D03F397C3E5B (resized).jpeg
#690 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is there supposed to be a gap here at the bottom of the screw for the wheel? My wheel is going out of control and I think it is because there is too much up and down play. I don't see a way to remove this screw to add a washer or something. Any tips? Thank you
[quoted image]

When you say your wheel is going out of control, can you elaborate? Mine was spinning and spinning on start up (couldnt find "home") and it turned out the opto board was skewed underneath the wheel so I had to re-seat.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

[quoted image]</blockquot

[quoted image]

Awesome, you’ll really enjoy it.

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

When you say your wheel is going out of control, can you elaborate? Mine was spinning and spinning on start up (couldnt find "home") and it turned out the opto board was skewed underneath the wheel so I had to re-seat.

Yes this is what I mean. I adjusted the disc and it seems to find home now.

#693 1 year ago

Is the Duke caboom ramp supposed to be perfectly level? I find that when the ramp is lifted it is slightly tilted to the left, which results in a lot of missed shots. I tried adjusting the screws but it seems the way the arm lifts the Duke kabooom flap it causes it to lean to the left.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Lloyd is ready whenever they are, he's made that clear.
Butch is happily (it seems) over at CGC and unlikely to come back where he's not wanted.
I *sincerely hope* JJP has hooked up with David Thiel again after Deeproot imploded. His prior work for them was without peer.

Yeah, the music and sound could really use David Thiel's touch. Sometimes it's just a mishmash of noises and sounds while you are playing, and some of the music isn't very pinball appropriate.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is the Duke caboom ramp supposed to be perfectly level? I find that when the ramp is lifted it is slightly tilted to the left, which results in a lot of missed shots. I tried adjusting the screws but it seems the way the arm lifts the Duke kabooom flap it causes it to lean to the left.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like that.

Here is a screen shot of it during the promo video.

Screenshot_20220814-041658 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220814-041658 (resized).jpg
#696 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

[quoted image]

I don't believe it should lean that much no, even the one on the promo video.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

[quoted image]

Great image! Mine is exactly like this. I wonder if it is to curve the momentum of the ball to follow the trail. However, if you hit the ball on the left hand side of the ramp it doesnt gain enough height to clear the stuff in front. Perhaps I should simply increase the flipper strength for the Duke shot?

#698 1 year ago

Hi, which Cliffys are needed for this game?

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Hi, which Cliffys are needed for this game?

Don't think they are complete yet.

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Don't think they are complete yet.

I’ve been helping him test the shooter lane protectors, but the last set he sent me hasn’t arrived and may be lost in the mail. He thinks it might be the same ones for GnR. The first set he sent me didn’t fit. The inlane switch protectors should be the same as for other games. I sent him pics and measurements for the scoop, not sure if he has plans for a protector. Are there other areas that need protection? Not sure about the woody and buzz saucers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/14?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.