IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 64.
#451 1 year ago

It seems dealers already have games starting to pile up. Doesnt look like nearly the wait GNR had.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

It seems dealers already have games starting to pile up. Doesnt look like nearly the wait GNR had.

Sweet, you should grab one!

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sweet, you should grab one!

Already in on a CE. I wrote the above to ask do you think it’s a good or bad sign there seems to be so many available?

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Already in on a CE. I wrote the above to ask do you think it’s a good or bad sign there seems to be so many available?

Ah, gotchya. Not something I would worry about at this phase. I'm not sure how the GNR release went, but for TS4 they had a grip of time to start building machines pre-release for stock. They also didn't launch it at a show so noone could play it. I think as people play it more and are actually able to give it a chance, It will sell. Only time will tell, but i think this title will do fine.

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

A good example was Wonka CE. By the end there was a distro clearance to buy the remaining ones… I think prior to or slightly after a code update improved the game such that demand skyrocket.

TS4 could be the same way. Many have complained there should be non-linear mini modes and an ultra Wizard mod for finishing the game.

If they do that then it will improve the demand.

I cancelled my CE order, but am happy to play this game on location. It’s a fun game, but with limited space it’s not the one to keep.

#456 1 year ago

Hey all, looking to play a TS4 in a home environment in the Denver area. I would like to play before I decide to buy one. Please let me know if you wouldn't mind me and my adult son coming over to check it out. Thanks

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from knightgdg:

Hey all, looking to play a TS4 in a home environment in the Denver area. I would like to play before I decide to buy one. Please let me know if you wouldn't mind me and my adult son coming over to check it out. Thanks

I would check with JJ @ Game Exchange (In the Denver area I believe) and see if they have one in the show room yet.

#458 1 year ago

I would check with JJ @ Game Exchange (In the Denver area I believe) and see if they have one in the show room yet.

JJ does not currently have one on the floor but expects to with the next shipment due next week. That’s pretty much like a home environment.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from Powerhouse47:

How about owners of the game regardless of profession can chill here in the owners thread and celebrate/repair/mod together in harmony.

Right on!

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from T-Bone21:

I'm in for a CE what number did everyone pick? I really wanted 11 to go along with my Willy Wonka CE, but it was already taken so I got 15.

I didn’t realize that was even an option, managed to get the order in quick but had no idea one could make a request…. Good to know for next time

#461 1 year ago

Got a good score tonight. Finally made it to Carousel.

Somehow I had unlimited kickback going for about half of the first ball. Not sure how that happened but it feels cheap. Hopefully it can be removed in the future code whether or not it is a bug or intended.

Got to say that it was awesome to have this bonus held on the second ball.

I pretty much drained the last two balls since I was so exhausted! Getting to Carousel twice in one game would take a lot.

For reference, my average game is 1 million...

PXL_20220719_021148305 (resized).jpgPXL_20220719_021148305 (resized).jpgPXL_20220719_021420217 (resized).jpgPXL_20220719_021420217 (resized).jpg
#462 1 year ago

Unlimited kickback is a wheel award which starts when you drain down the left outlane when it is strobing

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Unlimited kickback is a wheel award which starts when you drain down the left outlane when it is strobing

But it should stop being lit once the wheel changes? It didn't on this ball. It was lit straight for what seemed like 20 minutes.

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

But it should stop being lit once the wheel changes? It didn't on this ball. It was lit straight for what seemed like 20 minutes.

You would have to win a different wheel award for it to end ….maybe? Not just a turning of the wheel? For the unlimited kickback to end. Would be good to know for sure

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Unlimited Kickback is available for the rest of the current ball once collected. Lite on wheel, collect in kickback lane, once collected, available for rest of ball.

You can adjust it to limit the total time if you like in settings.

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unlimited Kickback is available for the rest of the current ball once collected. Lite on wheel, collect in kickback lane, once collected, available for rest of ball.
You can adjust it to limit the total time if you like in settings.

Got it. Good to know! Then at least I had a legitimate score. Nothing compared to Karl...

#467 1 year ago

Just had final payment made and mine is shipping tomorrow. Can’t wait to get some play on it!

#468 1 year ago

Pinballs.com has a couple ce machines. Didn’t sell out I guess.

#469 1 year ago

About a week into owning mine. Great shooter. Well integrated theme. Enjoying it so far.

#470 1 year ago

Does Jersey Jack offer free shipping on the CE and LE games?

#471 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

most dealers are around $450-600 shipping. Maybe that changed after launch.

#472 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No but they do not charge tax (unless you live in Illinois) or credit cards fees.

#473 1 year ago

Just took delivery and setup the machine for the first time. Played 1 game before I realized... My screen under the glass isn't turned on. Was there some step I missed to have it turn on or should it work straight out of the box? The LEDs around the screen are working but nothing is displaying on the screen itself.

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

Just took delivery and setup the machine for the first time. Played 1 game before I realized... My screen under the glass isn't turned on. Was there some step I missed to have it turn on or should it work straight out of the box? The LEDs around the screen are working but nothing is displaying on the screen itself.

it should work straight out of the box. I assume there is some sort of hdmi cable and a power cable that works that thing, perhaps it rattled loose during transit.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

Mine arrived with the hdmi cable unplugged in the back of the tablet. It’s very tight in the back to get it plugged back in. You may have to remove the tablet or find someone with small hands.

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine arrived with the hdmi cable unplugged in the back of the tablet. It’s very tight in the back to get it plugged back in. You may have to remove the tablet or find someone with small hands.

That's exactly what it was - thankfully the wife was able to get back there and get it plugged in!

Only issue I'm experiencing now - and I assume it's just a wire rubbed up against a leaf switch, but my right slingshot is going crazy sometimes with no contact by any ball on the playfield. Just firing randomly.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

That's exactly what it was - thankfully the wife was able to get back there and get it plugged in!
Only issue I'm experiencing now - and I assume it's just a wire rubbed up against a leaf switch, but my right slingshot is going crazy sometimes with no contact by any ball on the playfield. Just firing randomly.

Your leaf switch likely isn’t gapped properly and is closed. Remove the rubber and see if it still does it. If it doesnt, you can bend the switch blade back slightly. It’s best to use a tool from under the playfield to do this, but you may be able to do it from the top.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

visually inspect the leaf switch - back the rubber away from the leaf switches and see if the switch opens up. The switch blades probably just need to be gapped right so they close with contact to the slingshot vs all the time.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Pinballs.com has a couple ce machines. Didn’t sell out I guess.

They have more than you think...

#480 1 year ago

Just had a pretty good game, got to meet me at the carousel for the first time, made it through stage 3. Really liking this game. I don’t like scorbit, though. It was tracking my game giving me achievements, but didn’t seem to save the score. Happened to me on GnR yesterday too.

0CD1EE97-9186-4589-8B8A-2CA3595A7DA7 (resized).jpeg0CD1EE97-9186-4589-8B8A-2CA3595A7DA7 (resized).jpeg

#481 1 year ago

Anyone interested in my CE spot? I ended up getting an LE and I'm happy with that.
I'm not looking to make any money on it so I'm not charging anything for the spot.
PM me if interested.

#482 1 year ago

Sunday Funday for me! Picking up and playing Sunday night.

#483 1 year ago

My Gabby Gabby is saying there is an error in the test menu and doesn’t pop up. However she works fine in the game. I remember reading something from someone a few days ago but I just can’t find that post now. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

My Gabby Gabby is saying there is an error in the test menu and doesn’t pop up. However she works fine in the game. I remember reading something from someone a few days ago but I just can’t find that post now. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

What software version are you running?

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

What software version are you running?

The latest 1.07. I did see there was errors in previous firmware version, but I thought that was fixed in the latest? When I run the test it tries a few times, then says something like there is an error then disables it. To reenable hold the left flipper button.

#486 1 year ago

Anyone with a CE order from JJP get their credit card charged yet?

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

The latest 1.07. I did see there was errors in previous firmware version, but I thought that was fixed in the latest? When I run the test it tries a few times, then says something like there is an error then disables it. To reenable hold the left flipper button.

Are you checking her switch state and not just seeing if it goes up and down? It could be reporting an error because the switch is not matching expected values

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone with a CE order from JJP get their credit card charged yet?

Yes, I was charged June 15th for the deposit.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Gabby is just a big drop target mech, can you manually bring her up and does she lock into place? does she drop when you hit her?

Next, go into switch test mode (matrixed switches) and look for the gabby switch. Is it green when she is down? does it change when you manually pull her up?

If the switch state doesnt change when she goes up, check the switch on the mech

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Thanks. I see it now too. I didn't remember seeing the charge come through......

#492 1 year ago

After unpacking the game and before even putting the balls in I took a close look at the playfield and saw ALOT of issues with bubbles under the mylar, gouging and chips. There were gouges under the mylar infront of the scoop, chips on the bottom around the posts and the duke Kaboom hole is pretty bad. I will have to give it to the first leg of support. They are sending me out a new spinner, but I'd like thoughts on what I should do about all the chips and scratches? What should I expect from JJP? I've read the horror stories about other games playfields, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. Was this QAd at all?

IMG_7588.jpegIMG_7588.jpegIMG_7600 (resized).jpegIMG_7600 (resized).jpegIMG_7613.jpegIMG_7613.jpeg
#493 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

After unpacking the game and before even putting the balls in I took a close look at the playfield and saw ALOT of issues with bubbles under the mylar, gouging and chips. There were gouges under the mylar infront of the scoop, chips on the bottom around the posts and the duke Kaboom hole is pretty bad. I will have to give it to the first leg of support. They are sending me out a new spinner, but I'd like thoughts on what I should do about all the chips and scratches? What should I expect from JJP? I've read the horror stories about other games playfields, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. Was this QAd at all? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe what is in front of the scoop is a sticker with mylar over it (or reverse printed), I would wonder if that is damage to the sticker and not the PF underneath but hard to say from the pics.

For the Duke Kaboom (And gabby gabby for that matter) the first thing i noticed when i unboxed mine was the same thing around the corners. But for me, it looks to be the mylar. Looks like they put the mylar down on most of the upper half and then cut out the hole/cutouts in the PF. Overall PF quality wise, I am happy enough with mine and it seems well protected. Time will tell i suppose. If you bought from a good dist, you could see if they would swap your game, if you bought it direct i would suspect you'll get a set of new scoop decals.

#494 1 year ago

I believe what is in front of the scoop is a sticker with mylar over it (or reverse printed), I would wonder if that is damage to the sticker and not the PF underneath but hard to say from the pics.

If it's like Wonka, and I think it is, it's actually a plastic under the mylar inlaid into the wood.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it's like Wonka, and I think it is, it's actually a plastic under the mylar inlaid into the wood.

Thanks guys.. Yeah direct from JJP. I put in a ticket.. man nothing but problems. On my 4th game the left flipper coil and coil stop fell off. Such high hopes.. But those 4 games I did enjoy. haha I always wonder what if this was someone first pin, or someone who wasn't as comfortable lifting the playfield.

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

After unpacking the game and before even putting the balls in I took a close look at the playfield and saw ALOT of issues with bubbles under the mylar, gouging and chips. There were gouges under the mylar infront of the scoop, chips on the bottom around the posts and the duke Kaboom hole is pretty bad. I will have to give it to the first leg of support. They are sending me out a new spinner, but I'd like thoughts on what I should do about all the chips and scratches? What should I expect from JJP? I've read the horror stories about other games playfields, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. Was this QAd at all? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's wood man... not precision milled surgical tools.

The stuff you are highlighting is nothing of concern. Your only concern would be the cutout for the duke caboom if it's clear chipping vs just irregularities in the wood. The scratches in the mylar in front of the scoop are irregular but that is a wear item anyway. At best I might ask for a replacement sticker/protector there.. the other stuff.. you're over analyzing it.

#497 1 year ago

Nah man, not for 12k and out of the box.

Quoted from flynnibus:

It's wood man... not precision milled surgical tools.
The stuff you are highlighting is nothing of concern. Your only concern would be the cutout for the duke caboom if it's clear chipping vs just irregularities in the wood. The scratches in the mylar in front of the scoop are irregular but that is a wear item anyway. At best I might ask for a replacement sticker/protector there.. the other stuff.. you're over analyzing it.

#498 1 year ago

What horrible quality you guys are normalizing. So sad. Unbelievable. 12k.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Believe me when I tell you: your expectations for perfection are unrealistic for pinball (hand-made complex machines.)

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Wood playfields don't become something else just because they raised the price. Put away the magnifying glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 35.00
9,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 3,163 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/10?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.