W?D Who Dunnit Slot Reels keep on spinning

By tandem2

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi W?D people,

Sometimes my W?D slot reels just keep on spinning after they've been activated… has anyone else experienced this? Sometimes it's 20-30 seconds that they keep spinning, but sometimes I have to shut the power off to get them to stop. I've got new reels and labels on the reels, and they work well about 90% of the time, but sometimes they won't stop. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jody

#2 7 years ago

Wednesday bump

#3 7 years ago

Bad optos or something in the path to the optos that can't see the break in the reels? Is it all 3 of them? Did u try the reel test mode?

Either that or they have Dory syndrome. "Just keep spinning, just keep spinning"

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, it's usually all 3 that keep spinning, but once one of them stops, the rest usually do stop too. They're fine in test mode. I have spare optos… I could try those.

8 months later
#5 6 years ago
Quoted from tandem2:

Hi W?D people,
Sometimes my W?D slot reels just keep on spinning after they've been activated… has anyone else experienced this? Sometimes it's 20-30 seconds that they keep spinning, but sometimes I have to shut the power off to get them to stop. I've got new reels and labels on the reels, and they work well about 90% of the time, but sometimes they won't stop. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Jody

did anyone get a answer to this i have the same problem during a game usually early in a game a shot into a lit spin switch either opto or normal cherry switch to trigger the spinning of the reels and every now and again they just spin and will not stop until the game is stopped manually
any advice apprieciated

#6 6 years ago

clean optos ,check wiring and connectors to opto board and optos . You can also try a hard reset ,with game off pull the batteries and let game restore factory settings .

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

clean optos ,check wiring and connectors to opto board and optos . You can also try a hard reset ,with game off pull the batteries and let game restore factory settings .

Will try thanks

4 years later
#8 2 years ago

I am having the same problem - Slot Wheels will occasionally just 'keep spinning' during mystery slots.. if one stops they will go - if I tilt the game it will begin a new ball but sometimes one (1) of the wheels (the left one) will keep spinning. Should I be expecting to find an error with the left opto sensor?

#9 2 years ago

Derp - posted before I did my honework. Reel test showed the left one triggering wrong - just fixed the alignment with the opto and it works again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wd-who-dunnit-slot-reels-keep-on-spinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.