5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Stueyt2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181013_100415 (002) (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

The reels are in correct location 3a 1a & 2a the motors are brand new, wiring is correct but not matching up DMD. Any ideas , what am I missing
    Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Do they spin freely when the game is off, are they securely attached to the cams (and don't spin when holding the cam still), are the optics cleaned? Have you run the tests in the diagnostics (Troubleshooting T. 18) to see if it is reading the reel correctly?

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3685

Check the manual for the spinner reels troubleshooting steps.

Also consider asking in the Who Dunnit thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, will check a few things

#4 5 years ago

I have a Who Dunnit pinny which has some reel issues, they didnt work at all, I managed to track down 3 brand new motors, installed them and now up and running and they do exactly what they should but the pictures on the reels do not match the pictures on the dmd, any ideas on why this is happening?

This is what has been done so far...

Checked that reels are installed correctly, 3a,1a,2a left to right and spin freely.

Ground a flat spot on the motor shaft so the reels stay in position.

Reel hubs repaired as they were cracked.

Checked all wiring and plugs and are correct.

The 3 stepper motor boards were sent out and seviced and new LM339 IC's installed.

Cleaned the reel opto's

All is good in test mode regarding motors and the optos.

I removed the lighting led's within the reel mechanism to see if there was an interference issue with the optos, but no.

When powering up the game the reels set to this position with the 3 notches lined up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Should also mention all the boards were sent out for repair and testing except the 16-opto pcb...(not sure if this board has anything to do with the reels)

Cheers

20181013_100415 (002) (resized).jpeg20181013_100415 (002) (resized).jpeg
    #5 5 years ago

Does it consistently reset to the same symbol positions? could the reel bands be in wrong position some how? Or reels in wrong order?

#6 5 years ago

All those things are ok, I’m really out of ideas now

#7 5 years ago

Ok, is it all 3 that dont match, or just 1 or 2?

#8 5 years ago

I have made a discovery. I wired the new motors as to Marco specs but have now discovered the reels are spinning the wrong way, so I wired in reverse and now they are matching up 95% of the time, still not perfect but getting closer I think, thanks for your comments and will let you know how I go. There is also some wiring issues I’m looking into. I have noticed that sometimes the reels spin in opposite directions to the others. Is this normal for the game as I have never played it before.
    Thanks

#9 5 years ago

The reels should always spin towards the player, downward.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wd-slot-reels-not-matching-dmd- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.