5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Stueyt2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Solenoids and Flashers for WhoDunnit (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Hi there, I have a WD? and have got no life at all in my slot reels, anyone got any ideas where to start looking
    Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Fuse bad, bad connection?? Get out manual, find test in menu.

#3 5 years ago

Can you physically spin the reels by hand? If not, then the motors are seized up and should be replaced. Pinball Life has them for about $29 each. Williams part number 14-8024 Stepper Motor.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3210

I repaired a Who Dunnit a month ago where all three stepper motors were seized up. Replacing all three motors fixed it. Also, be aware that in the "Features" menu is a setting to disable the slot reels. Make sure someone hasn't turned the slot machine off with that feature.

#4 5 years ago

Ok I have checked fuses and all ok, the reels spin freely by hand and it is not switched off in features, I have only had it for a short time and have had all the boards serviced in back box, should the 3 little red led displays on the reels boards be lit up cos there not?

#5 5 years ago

You must have a connector not plugged in on the driver board in the back box.

#6 5 years ago

There all plugged in, not sure which connector is for the slot reel

#7 5 years ago
    Solenoids and Flashers for WhoDunnit (resized).pngSolenoids and Flashers for WhoDunnit (resized).png
    #8 5 years ago

Thanks, will check it out

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wd-slot-reel?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.