New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195916)

WCS94_ Diverter Spring

By CUJO

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wcs divertor (resized).jpg
WCS94DiverterSpring (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Who might sell this itty bitty spring (missing in pic) not listed in the WCS manual that moves the diverter to and fro on WCS94?
Thanks!

WCS94DiverterSpring (resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

That is it!! Thanks for the help!

3 years later
#4 9 days ago

Yes, this post is 3 years old, but I wanted to thank CUJO. My WCS had a diverter issue. The little spring was there, but the diverter would not return to the left.

Well CUJO, your super amazing clear photo of that assembly showed me the other spring was missing on the linkage shaft. Added that and now it's working like a champ!

Love the search feature, and thank you again for the clear photo!

Chris

#5 9 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Yes, this post is 3 years old, but I wanted to thank CUJO. My WCS had a diverter issue. The little spring was there, but the diverter would not return to the left.
Well CUJO, your super amazing clear photo of that assembly showed me the other spring was missing on the linkage shaft. Added that and now it's working like a champ!
Love the search feature, and thank you again for the clear photo!
Chris

i had the same issues years ago where my diverter wouldn't return to original position. strangely the manual makes no mention of a return spring, so i drove myself crazy trying to figure out how else it would return. i ultimately just added the spring anyway. must be an manual error.

wcs divertor (resized).jpg
#6 8 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i had the same issues years ago where my diverter wouldn't return to original position. strangely the manual makes no mention of a return spring, so i drove myself crazy trying to figure out how else it would return. i ultimately just added the spring anyway. must be an manual error.
[quoted image]

Exactly! I kept looking at it, and looking at it, and then suddently I had a realization that "Hey, shouldn't there be a spring there?!". Like you stated, it didn't call one out in the manual, but I put one on and bingo! Problem solved!

When I was doing the shop out I found a broken spring in the cabinet. Not sre how something like that breaks into pieces, but now I know where it came from. LOL

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside