(Topic ID: 71402)

WCS94 Wow. The most "played" pin I've ever owned.

By Hawkeyepin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nasco62
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WCS.png
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I just bought this pin a couple days ago and haven't had time to start cleaning, adjusting etc because my entire family is playing this game non-stop. It's not the best looking game, it really isn't but daayum it's got a lot going on.

I haven't put enough time on it yet to start the typical "I just bought a new game and it's the best ever and completely underrated" diatribe but I will say in the last 48 hours, my kids and wife have logged more time on it than any two pins I have ever owned combined.

#2 10 years ago

Oh, I wanted to ask...how's the teardown on these?

#3 10 years ago

Took me 8-10 hours to fully shop it I'd say. Getting the ramps and diverter out and back in are a little tricky. Just take lots of pictures and you'll be fine. My kids and I love the game, enjoy!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#4 10 years ago

Congrats... just played a very nice one last night in Waukee... Great game....Enjoy..

#5 10 years ago

This is a great game! I have played it a lot at a buddies before I picked one up for location. It is extremely popular! This is a mine after a tear down and LEDs.

WCS.pngWCS.png

#6 10 years ago

I have one on its way that will need a good shopping. Good luck with the shop and congratulations on the new pin.

#7 10 years ago

Tell you what, if I owned one it would probably have to be my next translite design project. Sorry little dog, just not a fan.

#8 10 years ago

I like the dog (Striker) on the translite, but pretty much only because he was the mascot for the '94 World Cup, so from that standpoint it makes sense to have him promenantly displayed. That being said, I think the translite does have some room for improvement.

I found WCS94 about 4 years ago at Pinball at the Zoo. My buddy and I were waiting to play some game, and we spotted a vacant WCS94 a couple of pins down. We both never played it before. We started it up and played several suprisingly fun 2 player games on it. At the end of the day, I asked my buddy what his favorite pin o' the day was. His answer WCS94. It was mine too. I told him, I gotta leave with this pin, so I made a deal and it came home with me. I've loved it ever since.

#9 10 years ago

Fantastic & underrated pin!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tell you what, if I owned one it would probably have to be my next translite design project. Sorry little dog, just not a fan.

Since I Just picked one up, I strongly urge you to start that design!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

This is a great game! I have played it a lot at a buddies before I picked one up for location. It is extremely popular! This is a mine after a tear down and LEDs.

WCS.png 3 MB

That's a good looking pin!

#13 10 years ago

Awesome game. It is a bitch to shop out but worth it and this game loves LED's. I miss mine.

#14 10 years ago

I got one about a month ago and its great. Iv been trying to get different designers represented in each game of my lineup, and I knew Jpop would be a hard nut to crack. All of his games are $4500 bare minimum these days....oh but whats this? WCS94?

✓ Rollovers
✓ Magnet Save
✓ Ramp magnet locks
✓ Almost every Jpop feature

I imagine the only thing holding this game back in popularity is the theme. Or rather... the dog (his name is Striker btw). But Im really glad, because if you can look past him this is a really top notch game.

#15 10 years ago

Yeah, this game is a total hidden gem to those who haven't played it.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I imagine the only thing holding this game back in popularity is the theme. Or rather... the dog (his name is Striker btw).

I think it's similar to The Shadow in that regard. Unfortunately The Shadow had a great character that was just hidden and needed to be brought back to the forefront for a new translite, while WCS just has ... soccer. It's not exactly a slam dunk in terms of upping the theme.

#17 10 years ago

Don't listen to them Striker, I like you!
For the rest I agree. It's a fun game and I can't get myself to shop it because that would mean I can't play it for a while.

#18 10 years ago

What does this game go for in unshopped players condition?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

somewhere sub $2000 in unshopped routed condition. If you want a really nice one probably closer to $2500-$2800. Market is always in flux though.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I would say that $1600 - $2600 captures 90% of the market.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I would say that $1600 - $2600 captures 90% of the market.

Sounds about right. Most I see are around $2000 or less.

OR you can buy the one is Pitts CL for 3200. lol.

#22 10 years ago

Bang for buck its a great pin, I think its the back glass artwork that holds it back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-wow-the-most-played-pin-ive-ever-owned and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.