WCS94 vs Flintstones

By Blackbeard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Already beaten Germany a few times and am curious about Flintstones. Thinking of a possible trade for Flinstones

Thoughts?

And please, only pipe in if you have time on both machines. Not just a game or two.

#2 9 years ago

Have time on both. When I found WCS at PAPA it was always a one more game type of thing for me. Not so much on FS. I now own WCS. Perhaps the best of the JPOP games...

#3 9 years ago

I love the flow of WCS and the design is one of the best. It's just that after you beat Germany, it's like you've beaten the game. IDK.. Love the pin though

#4 9 years ago

Value-wise FS is worth a bit more, but WCS94 is the better game...and I own FS by the way. FS is fun but multiball is waaaay overpowering on the points. Nothing else matters after you get a super jackpot a couple times. That said, it's still fun to go through the modes to get the mystery wizard mode. The "move your car" mode is a great nod to CFTBL and JD. And bowling is a fun side game. If you're done with WCS go for it...worst case, you hate it and trade it for something else or another WCS.

#5 9 years ago

Hold the phone.

Another pinsider started a thread about too many Flinstones vs ?? threads.

Please close this thread mods.

#6 9 years ago

Did you finally get Dracula?!?!

#7 9 years ago

Flintstones for me. The ramps on both sides that return the ball behind the flippers is really cool. Then you get to bowl for a strike. Pretty cool. I hate soccer and the back glass is terrible on the wcs94. If you're a soccer nut, then go for that game. Otherwise it's flintstones.

#8 9 years ago

WCS by a mile. But when you're bored with a game not much can convince you to keep it. Like someone else said, trade away and if you ever want WCS back, there are a LOT of them out there. Still one on route near my house.

#9 9 years ago

Flintstones over WCS. Had a WCS it got old real fast. Still have my FS.

#10 9 years ago

I hate soccer and LOVE WCS! I love "The Flintstones" and HATE the machine! Play wise, I'm with Syco54645...it's always "let me get one more game in" on WCS, whereas with FS it's a matter of "I guess I'll have to play it again" (if it's in a tournament) or "I know I could do better but there's other machines" (just playing casually). Most of my FS play has revolved around other machines being occupied and it was still open. Go WCS, hands down, in my opinion...

#11 9 years ago

Flintstones over wcs

#12 9 years ago

Close call. I enjoyed both while I had them. I would trade either for the other.

#13 9 years ago

WCS is kinda lame as I can hit goal after goal without much effort as the ball is returned to the right flipper. I can play that game with one hand, score goals ..and drink a beer at the same time

#14 9 years ago

A dialed in flinstones with a couple spotlights to brighten up the upper playfield is more fun than WCS in my opinion. I own a pretty tricked-out flintstones and have logged many games on WCS. They're both fun in their own ways but flinstones adds a few additional challenges (bowling/search for the kids) that give it a leg up on WCS if you ask me.

1 month later
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

WCS is kinda lame as I can hit goal after goal without much effort as the ball is returned to the right flipper. I can play that game with one hand, score goals ..and drink a beer at the same time

Scoring goals outside of multiball isn't really playing wcs either.

#16 9 years ago

I've owned both..... Wcs is gone while "Bedrock" is a keeper.~SpOoKy

#17 9 years ago

how about a poll?

#18 9 years ago

Can't stand FS....awfull to me in every aspect....and WCS is a sweet game.

#19 9 years ago

FS for me.

#20 9 years ago

Own both, and have played both extensively. WCS is, no question, the better game by miles and miles.

That being said, one of the previous posters is correct: if you're bored with a game, you're bored with a game, and nothing's going to change that.

Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Changing WCS out for Flintstones would be one of those times for most people, I believe.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Already beaten Germany a few times and am curious about Flintstones. Thinking of a possible trade for Flinstones
Thoughts?
And please, only pipe in if you have time on both machines. Not just a game or two.

WCS is a fantastic game. One of the best that caters to inexperienced and experienced players pretty well. That said, if you bored of WCS, you will probably bore of Flintstones very quickly. Flintstones is pretty easy and and rather shallow. I play one on route and I saw all there is to see in a handful of games. Fun to play once in a while, but I would never want to own one.

#22 9 years ago

I'd agree with LesManley, WCS is fun even when you beat the game because it's not a specific sequence of shots to win, you have to score goals and the pressure is really high to do so, with the manual plunge and all.

The only reason I traded mine is for a better machine.

#23 9 years ago

WCS for me. FS is a fun table though. Which game do you enjoy playing the most? That's the bottom line.

Of course, the hoarder recommends both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-vs-flintstones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.