You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DD590E5C-4B35-4897-9AC0-76D4824F2549 (resized).jpeg
tzboard (resized).jpg
homepinboard (resized).jpg
WRONG_resistor (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Replaced the soccer ball motor/gearbox and the driver board under the playfield with the one Homepin makes a month ago.

The Homepin board has a CW and a CCW test button on it so you can test ball rotation with the playfield up. Cool.

It works like it should when the button(s) are pressed and will spin in the appropiate direction until the button(s) are released.

I haven't really noticed the soccer ball spinning in any direction other than Clockwise playing a game since I fixed it.

Is the ball rotation and times when it rotates random or is there some logic to it?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Please inspect the board closely around connector "J1".
Make sure both blue 1/2W resistors are 680 ohm (blue grey brown).
There have been a few boards found where an incorrect resistor has been installed in one of these positions and that can damage the optocoupler on the board and cause it to ONLY drive the motor in one direction even if the test switches work as they should.
Please report back on what you find.
Here is a picture of a board with one resistor INCORRECT (the left one).

I think my board is ok. Here's a pic of it.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to see if it spins CCW in Final Draw. I haven't played it that much as of late.
Let me know if my resistors look correct. I think they are.

homepinboard (resized).jpg

#7 4 years ago

In my pic a few posts above with the resistors, you can see I have two wires going to J1-1 and J1-2.
I haven't played it to the point of getting to World Cup yet to see if it'll go CCW instead of only CW.
I know that in the Final Draw mode, it still goes CW only..so far.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can easily check -
Go into Test Mode.

Yep..Spins CW and CCW in TEST MODE.
Just gonna have to get to World Cup I reckon to see it go CCW! lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside