Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191214_210801 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200105_124842 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200105_124813 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

Having issues with SKILL and SPIRIT bulbs not illuminating on WCS94.

I took these two pics. I see something going on now with the connector top at the yellow/orange wire that wasn't visible to naked eye.
(at least my naked eyes LOL)

Is this wire responsible for the SKILL & SPIRIT lights being out or is it one or two of the other pins?

I have traced the runs on the board with ohmeter. All seem ok inc diodes. Got .500 one way and 0.0 going the other way on all diodes.
Which line is the GND for all of the bulbs? IGND must be ok as all the other bulbs work fine on the board.

Thanks!
CuJo

IMG_20200105_124813 (resized).jpgIMG_20200105_124813 (resized).jpgIMG_20200105_124842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200105_124842 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

The far right wire, yellow and orange, needs to be redone. Also, on the sockets you can lightly pull up on the gold contacts or swap sockets.

#3 4 years ago

Also reflow your header pins. Very very common to have cold solder cracks on the light boards.

#4 4 years ago

Update:
Decided to replace the 12 Pin IDC connector with new. Punched all wires down.
All good but it's weird. If I push new 12 Pin connector down flush to board no lights work. Pull it up 1/8", all is good. So leaving it there and time will tell.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Update:
Decided to replace the 12 Pin IDC connector with new. Punched all wires down.
All good but it's weird. If I push new 12 Pin connector down flush to board no lights work. Pull it up 1/8", all is good. So leaving it there and time will tell.

Did you reflow the solder on the header pins? I have yet to see one that didnt have cold solder joints.

The pic is the JM I did a few weeks ago every lamp board had atleast one cold solder joint.

20191214_210801 (resized).jpg20191214_210801 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Quoted from Mitch:

Did you reflow the solder on the header pins? I have yet to see one that didnt have cold solder joints.

The pic is the JM I did a few weeks ago every lamp board had atleast one cold solder joint.

+1 on this. I had a similar issue with some drop targets on my EATPM. If it was all the way down, nothing registered. If it pulled it back just a hair, they would register. This was after I rebuilt the connection so that it was Molex. Reflowed the solder at that connection and everything worked perfectly.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

+1 on this. I had a similar issue with some drop targets on my EATPM. If it was all the way down, nothing registered. If it pulled it back just a hair, they would register. This was after I rebuilt the connection so that it was Molex. Reflowed the solder at that connection and everything worked perfectly.

I did not reflow the solder on the pins and down to the board but if it acts up again, I will pull the board and do just that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-skill-amp-spirit-not-lighting?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.