Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Exactly. More and more, technical know how in this hobby is plummeting like a rock.
It's easy to plug a board in, avoid the problem and hope it never comes back. It takes some serious effort to get the tools, get the spare parts, pull the board, practice using the tools, locating the problem component, swapping the bad for the good, and putting everything back together. Or........determining that the old IDC connectors and pins are faulty and swapping all new pins and moles connectors.
Again, I ever see that board in a game and it's not disclosed to me prior, I'm so requesting a discount to make up for buying and fixing someone else's problems.

Most people are not going to do board repair. Soldering on a board and reading a schematic takes some experience and tools. Not everyone can or should do it. you can do a lot more damage than was initially there. I think the choice is between sending the board out for repair at over $100 or the Kahr board. If the kahr board “solves “ the problem of resets occuring I see no issue with it and the owner can now play his game for years. At most you shouldn’t take more than $100 or so off a game for resets. All games will eventually have this issue.

Quoted from Sonic:

Not to beat a dead horse, but for <$10 in parts and a little of my time, my resets were fixed.....which is a less expensive than spending $35 for each pin that has a reset...that's the bottom line....

It’s more than just a little bit of time. If you know exactly the issue, it’s a little bit of time, but diagnosing can take a while. Even then, labeling all the connectors and pulling the board is at least a half hour for someone with some experience. And how many times have we reinstalled a board only to find the issue still persists. Board has to come back out.

Personally, I send the board out if it’s not something relatively simple as I am in the camp of fix and refurbish the board and even though I have more experience than most, I’d rather have a pro do it right. Other things get checked and the board comes back like new. I also like supporting others in the business where I can. Telling a buyer the board has been refurbished is also a plus.

Bottom line, for some, the kahr board is a great product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-reboots-sometimes-with-both-flippers?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.