Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JoeGrenuk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

first just want to say that maybe I'm over thinking this one and I haven't spent a good hour under the hood trying to figure out the issue I'm having with these WCS94 flippers.

I put a new fliptronic 2 board in, as the original was missing.
I also noticed that a diode was missing on the left coil (replaced the diode correctly) while the right coil is new. Both are the correct coil sizes.
I noticed the right coil was new/replaced but would not ''hold'' and noticed the left wire had come off the left lug of that coil- replaced and it holds now.

What I can't figure out, and I don't remember experiencing this in the past, is why there is a subtle ''pull'' at end of stroke that pulses. You don't really notice this while in game, but if you lift the playfield you can see it pulsing slightly, glass of and with nothing going on, you can hear the pulsing too, it's slight.
I'm thinking eos? But I replaced both with new and they are open and gapped correctly, along with new coil sleeves and stops. My solder on the lugs looks well too.

In game it will make strong shots and other times it will make half limp shots. Any ideas? I have cleaned the flipper opto switches as well.

I feel like my bases are covered but I'm going hmmmm for the moment

thanks

#2 8 years ago

Are both flippers acting this way or just one? When you soldered the broken wire did you clean the insulation coating off first? Are the return springs the correct size?

#3 8 years ago

Both flippers are acting this way. The wire was soldered back on with bare wire, and the hold returned.
return springs are fine and wouldn't be the issue.

#4 8 years ago

I have tried a known good coil, same results. Tried different ribbon cable and cleaned the flipper optos again, same results.
This one is trying my patience...

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have tried a known good coil, same results. Tried different ribbon cable and cleaned the flipper optos again, same results.
This one is trying my patience...

Have you tested for 12v at the flipper boards, or, swapped in known working ones?

#6 8 years ago

Okay, so I can mark this one solved. After checking everything I did on my end, I couldn't find any faults, which lead me to the driver board I bought at Allentown for this game. It is a good condition board that was repaired by Clive, but that's all I knew about it. Once I popped my TAF board in, BOOM- strong flippers that stay strong and no flutter at all. Now to find out why the Clive board is making the flippers do that.

#7 8 years ago

Bad bridge rectifier or capacitor on FlipTronic-board ?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Bad bridge rectifier or capacitor on FlipTronic-board ?

Nope. All is well with the TAF driver board in. The driver board I had in the game is where the problem is.

#9 8 years ago

Um, did you check the voltage at the flipper boards?...(it comes from the driver board)

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Um, did you check the voltage at the flipper boards?...(it comes from the driver board)

flipper boards? fliptronic? The flipper problem is resolved.

The issue I have found now, is a fault within the board that is making optos fire. In WCS94', it makes the vuk striker go off at random. The same driver in TAF it will make ''thing'' optos not work/or registering when they shouldn't. I'm thinking flaky bridge rectifier or cap.

#11 8 years ago

The 12v that feeds the optos on the flipper boards (by the flipper buttons) comes from the driver board. You can test it at TP1. If you disconnect J116,7, and 8, you should get around 13vdc on TP1. The 12vdc is on the grey wire with a yellow stripe on those three connectors.

BR5 and C8 and the fuse holder (can't remember the number) are in the 12v circuit. If the 12v is out, it will cause the opto board to fire opto-switched coils when the game is started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-flippers-working-poorly-what-am-i-missing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.