Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ff6735
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7715.JPG
IMG_7716.JPG
IMG_7719.JPG
IMG_7717.JPG
IMG_7718.JPG
IMG_7714.JPG
IMG_7713.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ff6735.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Have a WCS94 with a glitch or two.
After taking the game home, noticed a GI problem. GI is broken into 3 segments, Top segment has failed. Performed lamp test, replaced a couple bulbs, chased wires under play field all the way to back box looking for a wire issue. Nothing was found till I got I got to the board.
Finally made it to J120 and found 2 burnt pins (10/11). As you can see below, the female connector is actually a 12 pin and not an 11 pin such as the board.
Second issue I found is the top have of the translite lighting is in op.

With what I have above, I'm leaning towards this must be a board issue. Problem is, I don't really know where to start at this point now. Should replace the pins or should I just replace the entire board? I'm concerned about the traces and salvageability.

Lastly I believe they are the Bridge rectifiers and power pack in the photos below. Clearly someone at some point did some work and they look a little busted. Though?
Any suggestions or help is welcomed.

IMG_7713.JPG IMG_7714.JPG IMG_7718.JPG IMG_7719.JPG IMG_7717.JPG IMG_7716.JPG IMG_7715.JPG
#5 4 years ago

Thanks for the all the guidance so far. I have decided to send the board out to a fellow pinsider.

However when rebuilding the wired connections, I know I need a set of crimpers, Trifuricon connectors and crimp contacts. I just don't know who I should get them from and the exact type to prevent future damage. Also I see there is a "key" do I need one of those also? If you think there are any other tools or parts I should order for this job, I could certainly use the advice. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Celina, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ff6735.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside