Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by jahbarron
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

I have a World Cup Soccer that blows the line fuse on power-up. Replaced the thermistor, same thing. Disconnected everything on the game side from the transformer to isolate it to the transformer/power box, same thing. Replaced the line filter at the plug as well as the power cord, same thing. Power switch, same thing. I think that pretty much leads to it being a bad transformer.

What are the chances that a transformer fails? Anyone experience this?

#2 11 months ago

Make sure a screw didn't fall down and land on the windings or some other weird issue like that. Yes transformers do go bad, but it is pretty rare.

#3 11 months ago

Did you try a different outlet? Otherwise I think Mike is pointing you in the right direction. Something is obviously shorting.

#4 11 months ago

I’ll look a bit closer for some foreign object in there. It would make sense because just before this issue, I had a drunk female customer mule kicking the coin door because the game wouldn’t start. Turns out you have to press the start button to start a game

#5 11 months ago

Unfortunately nothing looking out of place on the transformer. On to measuring the voltages...

#6 11 months ago

What fuse value did you replace it with? Manual says 8A for domestic, 5A SB for imports.

#7 11 months ago

8A blowin’ fast. It’s a domestic game.

2 weeks later
#8 11 months ago

I did find that the brown and orange pins test shorted to the black ground pins at the output connector to the power box. Gonna guess that that isn't good

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Burien, WA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside