New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 72407)

WCS94 and the magnasave

By Blackbeard

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ZEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Like most others, the magnasave on this game is cool, but seemingly useless...

Until I started using it to hit the Final Draw Scoop. Seems to hit it just great! Generally I have a hard time starting multiball by hitting that scoop. The magnasave sets up a great shot at it.

Just my 2 cents.

#2 6 years ago

It is definitely an afterthought. I find myself trying to use it about a second or two after the ball drains usually. You really have to consciously think about it and almost want to use and find an excuse to just use it to make it work.

#3 6 years ago

Sometimes I can use it during a stdm drain to move the ball just enough to the left to get a slap save in. But yeah, mostly use it to get control and take a shot at the scoop.

#4 6 years ago

the button is too far from the flipper button, most magna save buttons are closer. The magnet is also too weak, so other then maybe helping prevent SDTM, never found much use for it. After a while I forgot it was there since I never used it.

#5 6 years ago

My daughter's bf is an expert at using the magnasave on WCS. I've watched him play and I'm always impressed at how many times he is able to save a ball from draining by using it. He has all of the WCS high scores here, too. Not a coincidence, I'd say. On the other hand, I've never mastered the magnasave. I either use it when I didn't really need it, or forget to use it when it's the last/best option.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Sometimes I can use it during a stdm drain to move the ball just enough to the left to get a slap save in. But yeah, mostly use it to get control and take a shot at the scoop.

This.. just used this tonight only to lose to Germany on ball 3, damn Germans are good on the pitch...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside