4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Startek2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

All of my lamps that are part of the lamp matrix aren't working. The GIs work just fine and all the switches seem to be working. I checked the F114 fuse and that is fine and I checked the others just to be sure. I also checked continuity from the power supply to the power board. Any help I could get in next steps in diagnosing this would be appreciated. When I ran the test for "All Lamps" it freezes.

#2 4 years ago

Reseat your ribbon cables

#3 4 years ago

So I did this and it worked for a few min. I put the backglass on and it quit working. I tried again and nothing. Is it a bad ribbon cable? Any way to tell which one?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tantrum9:

Is it a bad ribbon cable?

Sounds like it.

Quoted from Tantrum9:

Any way to tell which one?

Do them one at a time and see if you can figure it out. I'd start with ribbon cable from CPU to Driver Board.

LTG : )

1 week later
    #5 4 years ago

So I replaced all of the cables and they still aren't working. I double checked the fuses again and all are good. Any assistance on next steps would be appreciated.

#6 4 years ago

Is the connector to those GI lamps in good shape?Any signs of burns on the board?Are header pins in good shape not dull or flaky?

#8 4 years ago

hmmmm if i remember the power source for the lights has a cap that sometimes the trace fails under it or the transistor.....take meter to it and see if you have your lamp voltage.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs94-all-non-gi-lamps-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.