You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1267 (resized).jpeg
good wild bounce.gif
good glass hit.gif
IMG_1259 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello all.

I've recently acquired a WCS and am loving it! But I can't help but feel as though my machine might have something wrong with it. I was just curious if other WCS owners can attest to the following behaviors.

The best way I can describe it is that the machine is just too violent. It seems like 1/3rd of all games played on this machine have at least one of the following.

Balls bouncing up from the spinning soccer ball into the glass.
Balls bouncing up from the spinning soccer ball onto the left ramp.
Balls shooting off the spinning soccer ball into the trough only to dead-ball save or hit the biff and smack into the glass.
Balls bouncing between the slingshots, only to let go into a post/switch and bounce into the glass.
Bottom slingshot post has been shattered quite badly.
Overall feeling of chaos and lack-of-control when playing this game compared to other WCS's in my area.

To the condition of my machine...

I keep the tilt at ~7 degrees.
Cleaned/waxed the playfield once on purchase, and once again on some LED replacements about two months later.
Changed the flipper rubbers to brand new Titans.
Flippers coils are blue FL-11629/50V's (as listed in the manual).
Slingshot coils are green AE - 26 - 1200 (as listed in the manual).
Soccer ball motor assembly as been disassembled, cleaned of thick goop, lubed with 3-in-1, and reassembled.
New pinballs.

I'm not sure what more I can speak to as far as what would be effecting this play of this game.

So yeah, are they all this chaotic/violent? Or do I have something more going on here?
IMG_1259 (resized).jpegIMG_1259 (resized).jpeg

good glass hit.gifgood glass hit.gif

good wild bounce.gifgood wild bounce.gif
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

You can’t post videos on Pinside, you should upload them on a video platform of your choice and link it here. Replace that destroyed post.
Titans are bouncier than regular rubber. I usually use traditional rubber rings for my games. I put Titans in areas that need more bounce, like pop bumper nests.

Well dang, after I spent so long learning how to make those .gifs

Thanks for the heads up on the titan rubbers. I'll put the old ones back on and see what happens.

#14 2 years ago

phishrace I'll hold off on more wax then. I measured the pitch between the flippers, center playfield, and upper playfield with an inclinometer. They were all different measurements but averaged to about 7 Degrees.

Isochronic_Frost Yup! thanks for letting me know about the .gif option. As for the drain airball I believe it bounced up off the anti-biff bar. I checked online for other machines and all of them have bars that stick out damn near into the middle of the drain. Makes me wonder if it's worth raising the bars so they're taller than the pin's hemisphere, or just worth removing entirely to preserve the glass.

Boat I'm pretty sure it's an OG playfield. It wasn't sold as replaced and there's defiantly some wear and tear around the goal/kickouts.

Lostcause This intrigues me the most as I've been researching how to give the VUK by the goal some more juice. It seems once a game the ball gets caught down there and takes a good 8-10 tries to just sorta piddle out. I got a friend coming over today to help me and teach me how to voltage check on another game that's having issues. So I should be able to double back to WCS and check out my VUK there.

EJS and Pickle As above, I may have some voltage issues causing this as well. If the goalie is moving faster then it should, I'd bet $2 the soccer spinner is spinning faster as well. Slowing that down would make a heck of a difference in in the entropy of playing. (I also would wanna see how much my average score gets making more shots!)

Thank you everyone for the input! Gives me some more to think about.

IMG_1267 (resized).jpegIMG_1267 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MoJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-violent-playing-game-flippers-ball-and-slingshots?tu=MoJake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.