Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JDee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

The soccer ball on my WCS has started to make some squeeking noises when it runs. I've poked around the RGP forum and it sounds like a gearbox issue. Looks like there is a hole to provide some lubrication to the gears and I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of lube would be best? (No KY posts, please!) I have some 3-in-1 oil, some silicone spray and would be willing to go get anything else. Thanks!

#2 13 years ago

I do not know first hand but 3-in-1 sounds like it might be about the right consistency, it doesn’t want to be to light of oil. 10 or 20 weight oil or something close should be safe. As memory serves me 3-in-1 is near that range.

#3 13 years ago

I use chain oil from my mountain bike. WCS94 is my machine of no problems EVER!

#4 13 years ago

Update -- pulled the ball and motor out and used some 3-in-1 oil. You need to pull out the motor and the whole ball assembly (unscrew the top screw on the ball and remove by lifting the ball up around its edges, then remove the allen screws on the ball housing and slide up and off), then unscrew the motor mount from below. You will want to remove the two screws that hold the motor to the mount in order to get access to the gears in the gear box (that turns the ball) as well as the gear attached to the motor that drives them all. Lube both the gears in the box as well as the motor gear and then turn them by hand to work in the oil). Did this once, put it back together and it still squeaked occasionally, so pulled it back out and did it a second time. Now its as quiet as can be. Much, much, much nicer.

4 years later
#5 9 years ago

thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-noisy-soccer-ball-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.