(Topic ID: 213080)

WCS Fuse 116 soccer ball motor board problem

By maddog14

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Yes, I have researched the issue, no I did not find a solution yet. World Cup Soccer 1994

Here is the problem: The F116 fuse blows after a few moments of actual game play. In test mode, all of the 12 volt motors work with no apparent issues. If I unplug the 12 volt motor for the soccer ball from the motor controller board, I no longer blow the fuse. The voltage to the motor is 14.4 volts.

While I do not have a spec for the chips on the controller board, nothing diode tested unusual. I removed the soccer ball motor from the gear box. I still blew a fuse. All of my transistors on power driver board tested fine, along with the Bridge rectifier and capacitor.

I have found no one come up with a definitive fix for this. It seems everyone just unlplugs the motor for the soccer ball and plays.

i dont want to just throw parts at it with out a definitive reason. Although a new controller board and motor are not terribly expensive.

If anyone has any insight or perhaps something I have missed, assistance would be appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

I tried the board from the wcs in my tz.. no fuses blew.... does that really mean anything?

#3 6 years ago

I'm thinking about just replacing motor. Any thoughts?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Although that's an odd failure for a motor, it's not unheard of and based on your troubleshooting that's where I would go first. My first guess would have been a gummed up gearbox, but you eliminated that. I would still clean and re-lube the gearbox while you've got everything apart.

I think I am going to give that a try. It looks like the motor is sold with gearbox. I am really stumped on this one. I will report back once I get new motor installed.

1 year later
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from thadawkins:

Any News on this? I have the same problem

Yes, It was the motor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-fuse-116-soccer-ball-motor-board-problem?tu=maddog14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.