Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dsc0365ulqo.jpg
dsc0364ow.jpg
dsc0363xu.jpg
dsc0362la.jpg
dsc0361jj.jpg
dsc0360pa.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Looking for some opinions there is a very nice freshly shopped one coming available. I like the game but fear it will get old quick?

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Looking for some opinions there is a very nice freshly shopped one coming available. I like the game but fear it will get old quick?

Why would it get old faster than any other game? It's actually lots of fun. The theme held it back. Of course I'm a bit biased. I might even vote for Popadiuk for president if he ran...

#3 11 years ago

Good family game and not that expensive. I just picked up my second one after selling one last year. Kids love it....GOAL!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why would it get old faster than any other game? It's actually lots of fun.

+1.0035

#5 11 years ago

Scoop it, play it, get the high score then trade it or sell it

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why would it get old faster than any other game? It's actually lots of fun. The theme held it back. Of course I'm a bit biased. I might even vote for Popadiuk for president if he ran...

Well it doesn't seem like it has many objectives but maybe I don't understand the rules basically get multiball shoot goals? Final match vs germany(how challenging to get here/ win) ? I have a small collection right now LOTR and Gofers so I want something that will keep me coming back. I am also thinking about a JD , DH or WPT(but can't find one). I too love pop but this is his only game I can afford right now :p and I don't want Star wars by the way asking price is 1800 which seems high not sure how much wiggle room..I know it was done right though by the guy who shopped it..he out in cliffys etc... I actually like the them big sports fan though not in particular soccer.

#7 11 years ago

Have you watched videos of it? thats what I usually do.

I like almost all machines and not many rate below 7 so I would like one of every top 200 pins If I had the room and money!

For $1800 it should be nice and working.

#8 11 years ago

Yea.. I also play it on my pin mane can. The game is fun no doubt and I like the callouts...etc. the game will working 110% from this guy, clean as a whistle etc... Maybe there is wiggle room don't know as I'm not sure unwound pay that much for it unless its CQ

#9 11 years ago

Actually doug if you see this you have two games I am considering WCS and JD if you could have just one of those in a small collection which one and why??

#10 11 years ago

Here's a You_Tube video of WCS94 by Tomdotcom.. Plus go read the comment's at IPDB

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=WCS&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2811

#11 11 years ago

Thats a well done video too! Thats the video that made me decide to buy the first one.

#12 11 years ago

I use You_Tube and the comment's at IPDB for Every Pin that I haven't Owned ( Yet ) .

It's help's me make a decision Quicker !!

#13 11 years ago

Again a very subjective question. I have a WCS and I don't see it leaving. First I got a good deal, it's in very good condition all around and everyone enjoys playing it. The theme is OK with me and folks are always commenting on the Ball. I also thought the music and call outs might get annoying but I don't see that happening.

It's a Pop pin so that is a plus and it is on the lowest end pricewise but not quality or fun wise, for a Pop pin.

1800 seems fair if the pin is in very good shape all around. If you can find one to play, That's your best bet. Even if yoiu bought it and didn't want it after a few months I think you could at least get your purchase price back.

#14 11 years ago

Yea I know it subjective...I had some friends say it gets old fast. I actually love the theme, looks sounds everything about it. But I have a small collection so mode based games that have a hard to get to Wizard mode are nice as the keep my coming back trying to beat them. Perfect example is LOTR I will never beat that haha. But there aren't many like that one of course I do love NGG it's it's pretty random and the completing 9 holes is not hard. But I am still trying to beat my friends 7 hole in ones and high score etc...

#15 11 years ago

Out of all the machines I've ever sold, it's the one I miss the most. I pick it over TSPP, CFTBL, STTNG, WH2O...I just think it's a game that is flat out fun. I am hoping to get one back very soon.

#16 11 years ago

I owned a WCS94 and it is a very fun pin to play and guests for some reason seemed to gravitate towards it because it made them feel good versus getting owned and having much shorter ball times on my other games. Here is another great video from PAPA you can watch too

http://vimeo.com/36947208

#17 11 years ago

I am hearing much love for the game thus far. it would be a good change up from LOTR that's not the greatest multiplayer game hehe. Gofers is pretty fast and fun as well though.

#18 11 years ago

I've owned a WCS for a couple of years. I honestly have never gotten into it but my 5 yr old loves it as do most kids that come over. For that reason I have kept it. It is a fun game it just hasn't grabbed me.

#19 11 years ago

Set it up MEAN AS HECK and it is great. Set it up so it plays easy, and I think it's not so hot.

If you can shoot the final draw hole regularly, it's really not that interesting. If you can't, it's far more interesting.

Oh, and $1800 for good condition doesn't sound that out of the ordinary. There was one for $1500 at the MGC, but it had a ramp just blown apart on it.

#20 11 years ago

I think it's a terrific game. It's not the hardest pin out there, but it plays very fast, and the theme is well executed. Here's a video of mine:

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Well it doesn't seem like it has many objectives but maybe I don't understand the rules basically get multiball shoot goals? Final match vs germany(how challenging to get here/ win) ?

There's actually quite a bit to do and there's a small wizard mode with a 5 ball timed multiball. I think there are at least 8 cities to travel to and beat. Here is a detailed rule sheet with strategies:
http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/2811/WCS.HTM

#22 11 years ago

I really like this game for its price range.
I think as long as you have 3 or 4 pins It should not get stale to fast.

As mark mentioned there are multiple ways to get multiball.

Cities to finish and some fun shots.

The goalie always makes it exciting to me.

I would grab this title if it ever came up close to me for reasonable shape and price.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I really like this game for its price range.

+1

#24 11 years ago

WCS94 is a Great playing pinball machine! I owned it for years! I played it much more then TOTAN, thats for sure (though not as good looking)! If you've got the $ Its worth it. But I say that about all good priced pinball machines, because they hold there value!

-Aaron

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Shoot_Again said:I really like this game for its price range.
+1

Good advice above. I'd say buy it.

Dan

#26 11 years ago

ok cool I am awaiting pics and more details on this one. I know he put all the cliffy's in it, though he said the one on the saucer caused it to not shoot the goal properly so its getting removed. I am sure its clean as a whistle as its totally shopped out and he does good work. Has a new soccer ball motor as well. Want to see condition of plastics, ramps etc.. that price around here is pretty high I see these selling for the low $1000's though probably not freshly shopped etc. I am starting to lean towards this though I think it will be good fun when I have guests..which is not too often but still I will most likely LED this thing up too...does it have ghosting issues??

P.S. I currently own a Lawlor and a Gomez...this would give me a Pop then I just need a Ritchie to have the 4 best designers

#27 11 years ago

borg getting no love? lol...

#28 11 years ago

Fun game, played it daily for about 4 months when I worked at a comic book shop back in the day!

#29 11 years ago

I owned a WCS for over a year and it never really "clicked" with me. I'm not sure if it was the lack of modes (It has a few modes but they're really basic), the theme, the really noisy and mostly useless soccer ball or what? It's not a bad game per se. I enjoyed it at times, but honestly I don't really miss it at all.

#30 11 years ago

I didn't realize this pin came with lightning flippers?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I didn't realize this pin came with lightning flippers?

Normally, it has regular flippers. The one in the video only had lightning flippers to make it more difficult for the tournament.

#32 11 years ago

Vendor's install Lightning Flipper's to make the ball-Tyme Shorter for More income , ( If they Weren't Installed from factory ) I Hate the Lil- Joker's !!!

#33 11 years ago

Great pin for a great price. Mine stands strong in my current line-up and gets as much attention from me as all the others I have.

#34 11 years ago

scottc

Nice lineup.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

borg getting no love? lol...

haha Borg is good..and Eddy...but lets face it I can't afford a Medieval Madness or AFM any time soon. Well I could..but my wife would think I am nuts for forking over 7K + on a pin!

#36 11 years ago

I love my WCS! The gameplay keeps bringing me back. Just got a JP and the WCS is still getting more play. The theme is really good for our house because we have some soccer kids and I coach. Beyond the theme the game plays great. The shots are easy enough that you can go deep into the gameplay, but there are enough of them to make it interesting.

I finally got to the final draw 5-ball WC final the other night. It was awesome, but kicked my butt!!!

#37 11 years ago

Cool so sounds like getting to the final draw is hard...thats good I am just an ok player average at best.

#38 11 years ago

I found the spinner shot to be a bit tough all the way at the left. You have to hit it several times to move through the cities to get to the final match. The TV shot is also tough to hit. Neither are so hard to make the game unplayable by an average player, or new player for that matter.

#39 11 years ago

Thanks PDman. Got a Sure Shot EM as well. Always have an oldschool EM as its a much different pin then the DMDs. There are nights that the em is the only pin turned on.......

#40 11 years ago

Never has got old to me. Still love to play it. Change the settings harder and the tilt tighter and you have a whole different beast also.

#41 11 years ago

Here are some pics of the one for sale, how much do you think its worth?

dsc0360pa.jpgdsc0360pa.jpg dsc0361jj.jpgdsc0361jj.jpg

#44 11 years ago

I do enjoy the game but I found that after I gave it a decent amount of plays I did tire of it a bit. I can see why people really like it though.

#45 11 years ago

What's the ask-n Price of the WCS in the Pict's ? lOOk's like Cliff's are added also .

#46 11 years ago

I really enjoyed playing that game when it was brand new and in the arcade. It is one I would buy but I don't think I could justify $1,800 for it. I would be more apt to buy one for a few hundred less and clean it up myself. That's just my opinion though.

It's not like you can find the pin you like near you every day of the week.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What's the ask-n Price of the WCS in the Pict's ? lOOk's like Cliff's are added also .

Yea has cliffs, and cliffy posts, new soccer ball motor. Shopped. $1800 Oddly not many around right now?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea has cliffs, and cliffy posts, new soccer ball motor. Shopped. $1800 Oddly not many around right now? []

Sounds about right with the new motor. I paid $1600 for one not too long ago, but it has a couple minor issues more than what I saw on this one, and doesn't have a new motor or installed Cliffys, so $1800 sounds okay. Maybe $1700 if you can talk them down to it.

#50 11 years ago

If it's in good shape, 1700 is fair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-does-it-get-old-fast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.