Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by maestro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've been getting this message for a while on boot. Game plays fine as far as I can tell so I've been putting this off. But I'd like to get it cleared up now. I go into switche test and neither flipper responds to the switch test. Magna save button does. oother switches respond.When I go to single switch test T3 Left Coin Slot D1 says open and flashes. When I move the left coin switch to embulate a coin pasing through it flashes to closed and when I let it go it goes back to open. I cant get any other switch to make the test respond. I've looked at the wiring and it looks good all the way to the board (coin door interface PCB). I can try swapping my board from DH to see if this changes anything.
Any other ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Switch Edge Test, slowly push in both flipper buttons one at a time. Two optos on each flipper button opto board. First one should register, then the second.

F38 is one of those optos. Maybe used for things besides a flipper if your game doesn't have an upper left. Lane changes, entering initials, picking winning lottery numbers.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Yes in T1 switch edges test even slowly pushing he flipper button does nothing. In T3 single switch test mode Left coin slot D1 registers open and nothing else will register.

#4 6 years ago

Swapped in the board from DH and made no difference.

#5 6 years ago

Got the flipper buttons to register in test mode. Reseated the ribbon cable to the flipper bpard in the back box. Not sure why they's work in the game but not in test mode but it did. Now I use the butting sin test mode. Right flipper buttin works correctly and registers both switches individually when I press the button slowly. Left flipper button only registers first opto F4 but not the second one F8. I'll check the opto and also see if when I press the button if its clearing the opto path.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-check-switch-f38-ul-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.