• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

Have been trying to work through various left flipper issues on my WCS.

Was always weak, first did the Pinball Life flipper rebuild kit with no luck. Then it just died.

Replaced both coils with the OEM ones through Marco Spec. The right flipper is better than ever, left flipper is back to working but is not as strong as its former self.

The first time we turned it on, it worked fine after a game break in period - super strong, felt perfect. Seemed to "warm up". However, that only lasted for 2 games and then it went back to weak.

Sounds OK, but definitely not as powerful as the right. Range of motion is good, if i push it up/down both flippers feel the same. It just has no strength to fire the ball.

I have the technical manual and everything looks good per the OEM diagram assembly wise.

The left coil felt very hot compared to the right after two games. I didn't replace the EOS switches, but the left and right appear OK and both activate at the same point of the stroke.

The flipper button optos seem OK.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

Todd

#2 7 years ago

Flipper button optos seems OK doesn't sound very okay. Have you swapped the right flipper board with the left? That is the very first thing I would do and check if the problem migrates to the other flipper.

#3 7 years ago

Good idea, I'll go try that now. Yeah, by "OK" I meant the buttons pushed the arm back far enough to clear the optos.

#4 7 years ago

Nice! That was it, you're a pro.

So, should I just get one board, or replace both for good measure?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20207-P

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Nice! That was it, you're a pro.
So, should I just get one board, or replace both for good measure?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20207-P

No particular reason you should. It could be years before the other fails.

#6 7 years ago

I like the replacements from Tony. He's a stand up guy, they feel good and they're very adjustable:

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/wpc_ufb.html

Even if optos test okay, they could still be flaky enough to cause power issues. In the future, the coil itself is hardly ever the cause.

In terms of one board or two, I buy two. It's overkill, but I like my flippers to feel exactly the same.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside