You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WCS 94 , How do You Rate this Pin .”

• Not a Bad Pin @ All & I'd own it again !! 13 votes
    23%
  • I'm NOT into Soccer , but WCS was Fun !! 11 votes
    20%
  • I like All the Xtra's on the P/F , I Own it and It's Here to Stay !! 21 votes
    38%
  • WCS was Fun , but I Sold or Traded it.. 9 votes
    16%
  • My Wife & Kid's Love it !! 2 votes
    4%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

World_Cup_94_Pin_Invoice0001.pdf (PDF preview)
WCS_94_003.JPG
WCS_94_006.JPG
WCS_94_018.JPG
WCS_94_016.JPG
WCS_94_012.JPG
WCS_94_010.JPG
image.jpg
WCS_94.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

I could care less about soccer, but I love the game.

I end up with games in weird ways, so here's the quick story... I had a set line up for tournament games at last year's MGC, and all of a sudden the DMD that I thought I was getting turned out to have a major problem, and the guy who was bringing it didn't think he could get it fixed in time. Okay, that's what happens when you have machines like this... but I didn't have anything good and ready to go at the time either. I was asking people back and forth who weren't able to get the sort of game I was looking for because of one thing or another, and then all of a sudden a buddy of mine told me he had some games he was putting up for sale, and WCS was one.

It was late at night, and I had just spent about two hours going back and forth trying to find a tournament game. I looked, saw that WCS had been used in a couple PAPA finals, and said if it works nice, I'll take it at his asking price. He asked me if I wanted pics, I said I don't care, I'll take it for the tournament.

Got it, needed a bit of tweaking to get it tournament ready, but then... holy nuts! I have been playing the heck out of it ever since. It has the nice thing going for it that like what I think are the best score-based games, there are lots of different strategies you can use to try to score high on the machine. Do you shoot all day for the goal? Try to start multiball? Try to collect the cities? Play modes? Any of these can be worthwhile.

I think the key though is that you have to set the game up MEAN, and if you can hit the scoop too easily, it will get boring fast. If your game doesn't have that, it's a bear to get anything going on. Probably one of my top 10 pins, and I expected to sell it immediately following the MGC. Ain't going anywhere now.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Nibbles, I typically use the same setup in DCS games..

On the few games that I've updated, I've done very similar stuff.... but one question - Is there anything in WCS worth upgrading for? It would probably be my number 1 B/W title in the collection, and I never even thought twice about it since it seems to have no low end, and decent quality from the stock ones...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-94-who-currently-owns-it?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.