Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by McPin54
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

I just got a WCS 94 and the right flipper only works in test mode. Every now and then it may work in game play but very weak and sometimes just jumps when pushed. What could cause this? Thanks,T

#2 10 months ago

Sounds like your end of stroke switch or flipper board/switch in cab (if this has that kind)

Maybe loose wire to switch

#3 10 months ago

How would I test the end of stroke switch? Test report say Check switch F6 U.R. Flipper BUT.

#4 10 months ago

I just sold mine or I'd look.

In cabinet by the actual flipper button......is there a leaf switch or opto switch?

#5 10 months ago

My guess is you should reflow solder on opto.

#6 10 months ago

It is an opto switch. It works great during test mode so I was not thinking it would be a opto issue.

#7 10 months ago

Have you tried cleaning the optos? Are the wires in the connector all securely attached at the opto board and the Fliptronic board?

#8 10 months ago

If the opto were bad or dirty, wouldn't that do the same thing during test mode?

#10 10 months ago

I switched the right board to the left side and the same thing happens on the left side. So, yes I think it is a bad or dirty board. Thanks for the help!!!
Tom

#11 10 months ago

I have always found opto's are strange. Sometimes work in test and not in game mode.

Definitely check connectors on board and flaky wire connections

Reflow optos

#12 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I switched the right board to the left side and the same thing happens on the left side. So, yes I think it is a bad or dirty board. Thanks for the help!!!
Tom

Can you reflow solder on opto?
That may take care of it.
And obviously Clea the opto

#13 10 months ago

It was a dirty opto. Took off black cover and cleaned. Works great now. That is strange that it would work during test mode and not during game play. Thanks again, Tom

#14 10 months ago

Reflow back of pins to connector on board in cabinet too

#15 10 months ago

If in coil test it bypasses switch

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Sale Pending!
Akron, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside