decals (resized).JPG
5029849171 (resized).jpg
5029848341 (resized).jpg
5029847811 (resized).jpg
5029847641 (resized).jpg
2FC2C1E8-1 (resized).jpg
5BB3F2A9-1 (resized).jpg
EC51018A-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

OP - if you were at Pintastic, I owned the WCS that was front and center when you walked in the Free Play room. It sold at the show for what I thought was a very fair price... and that price was far less than what you're considering for this WCS. Mine was Cliffy'd, LED'd, flipper rebuild, top side teardown shopped, and had very clear yellow on one side, slight fade on the other.

From your pictures, the PF is NOT mint. Mint = Mint. Flawless, spotless...etc. That PF has wear around the Assist and left-hand "light free kick" kickouts. I couldn't see TV Award, Striker, or the Goal, but given that 2 out of 2 kickouts I looked at have at least some wear, there may be other wear as well and BTW, we've already concluded this is NOT a mint PF. Very good, maybe. Mint, no. I would recommend a Cliffy Set as my PF had wear at all kickouts, and the WCS Carbon Fiber/SS Cliffy Set covered 100% of the wear and made it look fantastic. But this also adds cost.

I also think the cabinet looks very faded. As shown above, there should be crisp yellow outlines, not beige, not white. Also WTF is up with the mismatching legs?

I personally think LED's add a bit of value but they need to be done to your liking. If you think you're going to be changing some (i.e. all the field on the BG, or some of the purple on the PF) start adding that cost up.

Lastly, I'd be going through the rest of the game with a fine toothed comb. The dent on the rails is unfortunate, the soccer ball looks to be new, but it has a ring of dirt. I'd also check ramps as those are currently impossible to get aftermarket, and then make sure the goalie works, the soccer ball motor is quiet, and everything else is good.

Once you get there, I think you'll realize this isn't a $3K game and more like a $2200-$2500 game (will vary based on the things we can't see from the pics). Good luck with the hunt. Very fun game to have at home with one of the best wizard modes out there.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

my kid love this game. I do too. Maybe I'll pick one up if they going so cheap.

It's a giant hit with kids, and it's by far the cheapest of the JPop games. Unique layout, fun, and flowy.

But back to the topic at hand, even after the 2nd round of pics, I'm yet to see one single reason this example should command a premium over other WCS's. Literally nothing on this game stands out as exceptional.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-94-price-check-3000?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.