By Mfsrc791

1 year ago

Stats

• 69 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Mfsrc791
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5029851221 (resized).jpg
5029850241 (resized).jpg
5029850341 (resized).jpg
5029850591 (resized).jpg
5029850701 (resized).jpg
5029850821 (resized).jpg
5029850891 (resized).jpg
5029850451 (resized).jpg
decals (resized).JPG
5029849171 (resized).jpg
5029848341 (resized).jpg
5029847811 (resized).jpg
5029847641 (resized).jpg
2FC2C1E8-1 (resized).jpg
5BB3F2A9-1 (resized).jpg
EC51018A-1 (resized).jpg

There are 69 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Wcs worth close to 3000? Excellent shape has led kit and playfield is mint. Is this worth buying? Thanks

F3B3973C-1 (resized).jpg

EC51018A-1 (resized).jpg

5BB3F2A9-1 (resized).jpg

2FC2C1E8-1 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Yep. Mint PF, $3k is a fair price.

#3 1 year ago

In my opinion, you should not pay extra because it has LED's. Just an opinion, and I am sure there will be people that downvote or disagree.

Look at the cabinet and playfield. If those are as nice as you say then yes, it may fetch $3K. It kills me to say that but prices are crazy anymore and that's what these are going for in very nice condition.

Chris

#4 1 year ago

Ya prices for old used games are crazy now lol. Seemed fair to me but wanted to check. Thanks for the responses!

#5 1 year ago

Its hard to tell if the cabinet is faded but that would factor into price. It would really have to be mint condition in my opinion to be worth $3000 to me.

#6 1 year ago

That striker toy on the left ramp is pretty sweet!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

That striker toy on the left ramp is pretty sweet!

O is that not factory? Thats cool.

#8 1 year ago

Looks like the side rails have dents from backbox. Sides look faded. Does it have the gold legs on it? Any broken plastics or cracked ramps? Don't be blinded by LEDs...

#9 1 year ago

I'd changeout the backbox lighting with a quickness. Man that looks bad imo

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

O is that not factory? Thats cool.

Not factory. Very nice add.. I'm on eBay looking for one now, haha!

#11 1 year ago

To the right buyer maybe. But those LEDs are not a selling point at all and neither are the awful green legs. At least the green and purple LEDs are easy enough to swap to whites, but that will be expense and time. The soccer ball should be looking brand new at the $3k price range, otherwise that's about $50 to replace.

Usual broken plastics are the Header plastic to the right of the goal and the large plastic under the left ramp along the Tackle insert light. The cabinet should not have any fade and it's hard to tell in the pics, but looks like the yellow might be faded to white.

#12 1 year ago

$3k is crazy expensive for a WCS. IMO it shouldn't be worth more than $2000 - $2200. There are far superior pinball machines with a deeper ruleset that can be had for $3k....even slightly less.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

$3k is crazy expensive for a WCS. IMO it shouldn't be worth more than $2000 - $2200. There are far superior pinball machines with a deeper ruleset that can be had for $3k....even slightly less.

Ya pinside high end value says 2900. Does that mean perfect condition?

#14 1 year ago

Super fun game, but I hate the soccer theme. Would be an excellent candidate for a re-theme if someone has the time, talent, and $ to do it right.

#15 1 year ago

$3k is above market value for sure. $2,200 will get you a nice example.

#16 1 year ago

New pics of cabinet. He says no cabinet fade and has officially liscensed stickers too

5029847641 (resized).jpg

5029847811 (resized).jpg

5029848341 (resized).jpg

5029849171 (resized).jpg

#17 1 year ago

Does have wierd green legs lol

#18 1 year ago

I would say this wcs is not worth $3,000 the yellows are faded,side rails dented. I bet the large purple plastic is broken to the left side of goalie box, most are. Looks like top left kick out hole is wore down to raw wood.

#19 1 year ago

I sold a mint huo for 3300. Dirty as shit and needed to be shopped. I sold a decent original shopped one with leds, new ball and cliffys for 2800. Slight fade.

#20 1 year ago

The yellows on the cab are pretty faded, the outline of the goalie on the side is supposed to be yellow.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The yellows on the cab are pretty faded, the outline of the goalie on the side is supposed to be yellow.

Are they suppose to be a bright yellow?

#22 1 year ago

Are new pics of the same machine? Silver legs in the back green in the front? What is the drill hole for above the coin door?

#23 1 year ago

Missing a bolt by the shooter rod that holds the lockdown receiver to the cabinet. Just for that I'd talk him down to $2,500.

#24 1 year ago

Cab is faded, more like a $2600 pin IMO

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Missing a bolt by the shooter rod that holds the lockdown receiver to the cabinet. Just for that I'd talk him down to $2,500.

This is what its worth exactly $2,500.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Are new pics of the same machine? Silver legs in the back green in the front? What is the drill hole for above the coin door?

I guess its missing a bolt?

Thanks for the responses because i have yet to see it in person so ill see what it looks like then

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Are they suppose to be a bright yellow?

Yes - For reference - Also the head decals are faded. "Bally" is supposed to be yellow. This is very common however.

decals (resized).JPG

#28 1 year ago

Given the green legs, fade, dents on side rails, and overall ugliness of LEDs (personal), I would find it a fair deal under $2300.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

In my opinion, you should not pay extra because it has LED's

I couldn't up vote you fast enough. 100% agree ..... I won't pay extra for LEDs added to a game and I won't charge extra when selling a game.

#30 1 year ago

What about scoop and kick out goal shot wear? Are the plastics in great shape and ramps not broken?

#31 1 year ago

OP - if you were at Pintastic, I owned the WCS that was front and center when you walked in the Free Play room. It sold at the show for what I thought was a very fair price... and that price was far less than what you're considering for this WCS. Mine was Cliffy'd, LED'd, flipper rebuild, top side teardown shopped, and had very clear yellow on one side, slight fade on the other.

From your pictures, the PF is NOT mint. Mint = Mint. Flawless, spotless...etc. That PF has wear around the Assist and left-hand "light free kick" kickouts. I couldn't see TV Award, Striker, or the Goal, but given that 2 out of 2 kickouts I looked at have at least some wear, there may be other wear as well and BTW, we've already concluded this is NOT a mint PF. Very good, maybe. Mint, no. I would recommend a Cliffy Set as my PF had wear at all kickouts, and the WCS Carbon Fiber/SS Cliffy Set covered 100% of the wear and made it look fantastic. But this also adds cost.

I also think the cabinet looks very faded. As shown above, there should be crisp yellow outlines, not beige, not white. Also WTF is up with the mismatching legs?

I personally think LED's add a bit of value but they need to be done to your liking. If you think you're going to be changing some (i.e. all the field on the BG, or some of the purple on the PF) start adding that cost up.

Lastly, I'd be going through the rest of the game with a fine toothed comb. The dent on the rails is unfortunate, the soccer ball looks to be new, but it has a ring of dirt. I'd also check ramps as those are currently impossible to get aftermarket, and then make sure the goalie works, the soccer ball motor is quiet, and everything else is good.

Once you get there, I think you'll realize this isn't a $3K game and more like a $2200-$2500 game (will vary based on the things we can't see from the pics). Good luck with the hunt. Very fun game to have at home with one of the best wizard modes out there.

#32 1 year ago

How long do you keep your games because if you are like me (6/8 months) you will NEVER get any where close to your money back, so be very careful.

#33 1 year ago

Ya some kickout hole wear. He sent even more pics...

5029850451 (resized).jpg

5029850891 (resized).jpg

5029850821 (resized).jpg

5029850701 (resized).jpg

5029850591 (resized).jpg

5029850341 (resized).jpg

5029850241 (resized).jpg

5029851221 (resized).jpg

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from henhel:

How long do you keep your games because if you are like me (6/8 months) you will NEVER get any where close to your money back, so be very careful.

Usually around that time frame

#35 1 year ago

my kid love this game. I do too. Maybe I'll pick one up if they going so cheap.

#36 1 year ago

Great game for the buck! A lot going on with this title.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Robl45:

my kid love this game. I do too. Maybe I'll pick one up if they going so cheap.

It's a giant hit with kids, and it's by far the cheapest of the JPop games. Unique layout, fun, and flowy.

But back to the topic at hand, even after the 2nd round of pics, I'm yet to see one single reason this example should command a premium over other WCS's. Literally nothing on this game stands out as exceptional.

#38 1 year ago

I regret selling mine. Great value game.

#39 1 year ago

always hated the BG. I have been talking to" Pinstein" and he says he is in the process of making an alternate translite for WCS94 and his work is awesome. His WPT translites are great. Look him up he has many.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Usually around that time frame

Then be very careful. You will never get your $3000 back believe me.

Happy Holidays, Henry

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Ya prices for old used games are crazy now lol. Seemed fair to me but wanted to check. Thanks for the responses!

Hey there, I'm in West Bridgewater, and there's a few other pinsiders in the neighborhood too. Shredso is in WB with me and Nokoro (my good friend) is over in Bridgewater. WCS was my second pin, which I eventually sold to Henhel, who is also in the thread. I do miss it, its a great game. Wish you the best of luck in landing one.

-Bob

#42 1 year ago

It's a $2500 hobby price game give or take. So neither is it a screaming deal nor the horrific ripoff that people in this thread are saying it is. Where are all these "nice example" $2200 WCSs you guys are talking about?

It sounds to me like you really want to buy it. Try to negotiate him down on it and then take it home and enjoy your holidays. If you overpay by 200 bucks it's not the end of the world.

And yes those LEDs and legs look hideous so feel free to volunteer to give them back during the negotiating process. I'd make it clear that these "mods" are not a selling point.

#43 1 year ago

I bought yoko2una's WCS at Pintastic for much less than $3K, and I think that one was in nicer shape than this one. $3K seems a bit high, and mid $2Ks is probably closer...

It's a super fun game, though, and great vaule for a Williams title! I'm very glad I picked one up.

#44 1 year ago

Are the gold legs available anywhere? Wouldn't mind putting a set on mine but a cursory glance of Marco, BAA, PBL doesn't show anything.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I don't understand this. WCS is a fantastic game that I think holds up against most titles. If it is really nice, I don't think $3K is unreasonable. This gets as much play as my TAF and ToM.

I haven't seen anything of quality for under $2200 in a while.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Hey there, I'm in West Bridgewater, and there's a few other pinsiders in the neighborhood too. Shredso is in WB with me and Nokoro (my good friend) is over in Bridgewater. WCS was my second pin, which I eventually sold to Henhel, who is also in the thread. I do miss it, its a great game. Wish you the best of luck in landing one.
-Bob

Sweet did you graduate there? I graduated in 09 from wb.

Thanks for everyone elses responses! Good insight! Ill try and negociate when i meet up with him. You guys are great as i have noobie eyes and wouldnt be able to spot the things everyone did just from those pics. Thanks again everyone!

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I don't understand this. WCS is a fantastic game that I think holds up against most titles. If it is really nice, I don't think $3K is unreasonable. This gets as much play as my TAF and ToM.
I haven't seen anything of quality for under $2200 in a while.

Ya there is one in the market place for 3000 firm. Could be better condition though...

Half the battle is finding one thats close by. Some good deals come up but its not worth driving across the country to pick it up.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Ya there is one in the market place for 3000 firm. Could be better condition though...
Half the battle is finding one thats close by. Some good deals come up but its not worth driving across the country to pick it up.

Exactly. One of the biggest problems with these FS price police threads where people try to talk you out of buying a game you want is they never take this stuff into account. You can't just download a pinball machine from Itunes. Location, timing, and how much you want a game are all factors that can't be determined by a price thread.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It really depends on what you like, and if you often have people over playing pinball, that needs to be taken into consideration. Going blindly by your logic above, Whirlwind should be a $1000 game compared to WCS. But there's a lot more to games than just deep rulesets - people like different games for different reasons.

#50 1 year ago

Maybe this one better

ebay.com link » Bally World Cup Soccer Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hatboro, PA
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 229.99
There are 69 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 329 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside