Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dgarrett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wayne_Neyens_015.JPG
wayne_Neyens_013.JPG
wayne_Neyens_009.JPG
wayne_Neyens_001.JPG
wayne_Neyens_004.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Wayne Neyens and Will White visited yesterday to see and play the Wizard of Oz.

Wayne always the character told me I needed to add some oil to the shooter of my Big Chief pin as he was having trouble with the shooter skill shot. He also said he was going to bring a can of oil the next time he attends Expo as nobody is lubricating their shooter rods as they are supposed to.

He didn't like the shooter button on Super Mario Bros as he likes to initiate play with a manual shooter and was glad to see a manual shooter on the WOZ.

Wayne indicated he in general doesn't generally care for solid state machines, and prefers EMs.

I had the WOZ turned off before Wayne came up to the machine. As the machine went through the boot process Wayne and Will were discussing the playfied. When the game came to life, Wayne was absolutely amazed at the attract mode and display screen. We went through the rules and maps, but hurriedly went on to play.

After play and examining the insides and underside of the playfield Wayne said more than a few positive things regarding the machine. With the playfield raised he said he would have liked to be part of the design team. Wayne summed up his WOZ experience in one word "fantastic!" He really liked and enjoyed the WOZ.

wayne_Neyens_004.JPG wayne_Neyens_001.JPG wayne_Neyens_009.JPG wayne_Neyens_013.JPG wayne_Neyens_015.JPG

#2 5 years ago

Wayne is a friend of mine and he is a class act.
He autographed my Spirit of 76.
Wayne is 94 so please give him a big shout out!

#3 5 years ago

Wayne neyans is one of my pinball Heros. His contributions to pinball are many and he continues to inspire generations of designers. Thank you for sharing this with us.

#4 5 years ago

Greatest EM designer of all time.

Very cool you invited him to see and play your high-tech WOZLE!

#5 5 years ago

Great story, thanks for sharing!

#6 5 years ago

Played many games of Pioneer and Spirit of 76 when I was a kid. Thanks for sharing your story.

#7 5 years ago

Barry, that is simply awesome! Thank you for sharing the story and pictures!

Brad

#8 5 years ago

He looks GREAT for 94!

Pinball = Fountain of Youth?

#9 5 years ago

Fantastic!

#10 5 years ago

Wayne played my Mata Hari EM at Expo a few years ago (see my pinside profile pic?) - I got the "oil on the shooter rod" too. He explained a lot of his work on rebound angles and why elements were placed just so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside