Wayne Gillard's MM Remake Update?

By TheMickster

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just curious, has this man ever completed or moved forward with "his" project of actually re-making the original MM, as his own personal endeavor and promises to many from about 10 years ago?

He freely posts here to this group, like he is a regular enthusiast ..(I personally do not see that from him, he is only just a "business person" out for his own benefit, and uses this group for help or maybe even to receive some personal acceptance, certainly not earned here from most, I would think)

I understand that he has been benefiting from the remake of the MMR's with numinous sales, and I have heard that he has received many shipments of needed parts from the USA, and has even posted pictures of his playfields, part assemblies, etc., through the years on line for all to see..for what purpose besides that he is just reselling these parts for a profit on eBay?? He should by now have enough parts and supplies to actually build machines as offered, and that was certainly promised to many folks,.... many years ago...

Again, just asking everyone, has he ever produced as promised his remake, or is he just jumping in on the MMR bandwagon to resell "their" machines, and selling all of his parts on hand through eBay,.....and will never manufacture, or build his own as promised?

Just curious to ask, and sincerely disappointed in a man that asked us all to jump in with his initial offer, but he has never accomplished anything substantial to the pinball community as promised.!!!

PS I did not, or do not have a personal interest in buying from him, just a frustration from others that did.

#2 7 years ago

I'm not sure how he would even have any legal standing to complete it even if he had the means..lol. Rick/PPS isn't going to let someone else commercially make a game that's in production....much less what could arguably seen as a better version from a purist/collector standpoint.

He used to post here, I think?

#3 7 years ago

Are you out of your mind?

Wayne got out of this mess A LONG time ago and has no rights for anything or the means to build anything. The possibility of him shipping the CC and MM remakes he was talking about during the Bush Administration is as likely as Crocodile Hunter shipping.

I think we've run out of things to speculate about if it has come to this.

#4 7 years ago

We were contacted by a group looking to buy the rights in the middle of us working on the MM game.

We worked out a way to enable our customers to get a MM remake and many other games in the future by having the rights we owned transfered to the USA

This enables many to be able to use the rights to produce much needed parts and NEW games you see today via PPS.

I won't go into the logistics of that sale, but i will say we still have the rights to remake MM in (limited numbers) and the parts to do so.

We are not taking any new orders

I personally own a large number of pinball machines and have for over 35 years. have helped source much needed parts and produced hundreds of parts that were not available in the past.

I created the Next Gen Printing process used today on both Cabinet Art and Translites, manufactured many new boards, so to say I have not done anything for pinball, you think about that when you play your MMR or fit your next Gen Cabinet art.

Because none would have existed without me transferring the rights to the USA.

I could have just sat on the rights like Gene and done nothing with them.

Feel free to Flame away

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Feel free to Flame away

Sure, I will. Your price for a MM wiring harness is outrageous.

#6 7 years ago

Did everyone that paid you get their money or game?

#7 7 years ago

just the other day wayne helped me with something... he's a much helpful bloke if you check your gun and your bag of ancient history at the door.

Try that instead of banging on rehashing old stories again... give it a go i dare ya..

#8 7 years ago

Well, without running through one of the pinball community's longest running arguments yet again, I can say that Wayne was instrumental in a very large number of collectors in Australia getting their WOZLEs or partial refunds after the Bumper Action distributor disaster.

We could not have done it without him. I regard that as a substantial accomplishment for the pinball community.

MM has been remade after Wayne signed over various rights to PPS. People can now buy them; even from Wayne.

And I also wouldn't airily dismiss "business persons" - these people are the reason we actually have new machines to buy in the first place ...

#9 7 years ago

The WOZ story is absolutely true. Land down under and all that jazz.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did everyone that paid you get their money or game?

I believe Rick said PPS/CGC would be taking care of those customers when they announced MMR. Maybe my memory is foggy?

#11 7 years ago

yes, foggy, taking care of Wayne's customers was and is Wayne's responsibility. Those customers as best I know were given options by Wayne that we were ok with.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

yes, foggy, taking care of Wayne's customers was and is Wayne's responsibility. Those customers as best I know were given options by Wayne that we were ok with.

Sorry, lol. No clue what the heck I was thinking.

2 weeks later
#13 7 years ago

Someone made the comment that Wayne is very helpful in the pinball community. That may be the case unless you happen to be one of the folks who's deposit he is still sitting on from the original MMR offer. Yes, Wayne is still holding deposits for the original MMR offer from over 10 years ago.

The way he has taken care of his customers from that project was to tell them that they could either jump to the PPS offer or hold with the original offer while he completed the project. Since making that commitment, he refuses to respond to any inquiry as to his plans to either complete the project or cancel it.

Mr. Pinball has retained the rights and the parts to remake MM in "limited numbers", however he shows no interest in honoring his commitment to assemble those parts and deliver them. Since Wayne refuses to respond to any request for information on his intentions with the project, it is pretty clear that he has no intention of ever completing it. However, he refuses to say that he won’t. He is just hoping that everyone will eventually ask for their money back so he can declare a successful completion of the project.

I guess it is just Wayne's way of being very helpful in the pinball community.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from PinThrift:

Someone made the comment that Wayne is very helpful in the pinball community. That may be the case unless you happen to be one of the folks who's deposit he is still sitting on from the original MMR offer. Yes, Wayne is still holding deposits for the original MMR offer from over 10 years ago.
The way he has taken care of his customers from that project was to tell them that they could either jump to the PPS offer or hold with the original offer while he completed the project. Since making that commitment, he refuses to respond to any inquiry as to his plans to either complete the project or cancel it.
Mr. Pinball has retained the rights and the parts to remake MM in "limited numbers", however he shows no interest in honoring his commitment to assemble those parts and deliver them. Since Wayne refuses to respond to any request for information on his intentions with the project, it is pretty clear that he has no intention of ever completing it. However, he refuses to say that he won’t. He is just hoping that everyone will eventually ask for their money back so he can declare a successful completion of the project.

1 post in a year, make it 2

Nobody is suing me aka predator or jpop

#15 7 years ago

That is a low bar to have to vault...

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from PinThrift:

Wouldn't you either jump in on PPS MMR or get a refund? Not sure why you'd want to wait for Wayne's MM when you can get it from PPS (through Wayne).

#17 7 years ago

so, let's get this straight... You are now telling paid customers they have to sue you in order to get their money back? WTF Wayne???

Just admit defeat, that you are completely incapable of getting the game built, and send people a MMr which YOU pay for in full from CGC.

#18 7 years ago

Some would say that the fact the original MM remake took so long, that this gave scope to other people and companies to go for the long con in the pre order model. Those on Wayne's list in the beginning must have been thinking: "Well, Big Bang Bar took years, so we'll be ok in the end"

Whats this? I can hold deposits forever for vaporware? My god man, get the flyers printed!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wouldn't you either jump in on PPS MMR or get a refund? Not sure why you'd want to wait for Wayne's MM when you can get it from PPS (through Wayne).

Because Wayne has promised them he will build them a MM replica (from the original WMS bill of material) and it will only cost them $4500. To switch to the MMr machine Wayne wants them to pay the difference for Rick's new price tag ($8000 in total), and then they would end up with the newly designed machine with the BeagleBone emulation, etc.

So what you have is basically a greed-based game of staring between Wayne and his customers to see who will flinch first. The customers won't ask for a refund because they truly believe they are eventually going to be rewarded for their patience with a $4500 MM game. And Wayne isn't flinching because he gets to continue to draw interest on all their money (apparently forever), and doesn't even have to endure being called out as a thief because he can claim (and rightly so) that he will happily refund their money as soon as they ask him to. Truly one of the saddest ongoing cons in all of pinball, and before Wayne jumps on me for using that word I will say that if you truly have no intention of building these games you are a con man even given that you are willing to give refunds. You should not have to be asked for a refund on a project you have no intention of fulfilling.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Because Wayne has promised them he will build them a MM replica (from the original WMS bill of material) and it will only cost them $4500. To switch to the MMr machine Wayne wants them to pay the difference for Rick's new price tag ($8000 in total), and then they would end up with the newly designed machine with the BeagleBone emulation, etc.
So what you have is basically a greed-based game of staring between Wayne and his customers to see who will flinch first. The customers won't ask for a refund because they truly believe they are eventually going to be rewarded for their patience with a $4500 MM game. And Wayne isn't flinching because he gets to continue to draw interest on all their money (apparently forever), and doesn't even have to endure being called out as a thief because he can claim (and rightly so) that he will happily refund their money as soon as they ask him to. Truly one of the saddest ongoing cons in all of pinball, and before Wayne jumps on me for using that word I will say that if you truly have no intention of building these games you are a con man even given that you are willing to give refunds. You should not have to be asked for a refund on a project you have no intention of fulfilling.

If there are seriously people stupid enough to think they'll ever get a $4500 MM remake from down under, how can you possibly feel Wayne is at fault for anything here? This is not on him.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If there are seriously people stupid enough to think they'll ever get a $4500 MM remake from down under, how can you possibly feel Wayne is at fault for anything here? This is not on him.

As I stated, I don't think this qualifies as outright theft on Wayne's part. And legally he is probably in the right given that no production or delivery date was ever promised. To me it falls into a moral issue: is he actually still trying (in any capacity what-so-ever) to build these games? If not, an honorable businessman would voluntarily liquidate the deposits. As it is I can only assume the end-game presumption is that some folks will just die or forget about this and Wayne will eventually be able to pocket those proceeds...

#22 7 years ago

And this is why I don't preorder games.... i always exchange cash for product

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from PinThrift:

given your current options (1 - Wait for a game you don't believe is coming or 2 - Get your money back), it seems like you are choosing not to ask for a refund for the sole purpose of having a reason to be pissed off. i mean, you don't seem to believe Wayne is going to deliver a MM, so the only reason you are keeping your money with him is to have something to complain about.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

given your current options (1 - Wait for a game you don't believe is coming or 2 - Get your money back), it seems like you are choosing not to ask for a refund for the sole purpose of having a reason to be pissed off. i mean, you don't seem to believe Wayne is going to deliver a MM, so the only reason you are keeping your money with him is to have something to complain about.

I'm not sure that PinThrift is one of the folks that still have a deposit with Wayne. Reading his post again it seems he was just relaying info on project status, but I could be wrong and he does. Yours is still a valid comment to those that still do. The upside is every time there is one of these MM/Wayne threads it seems to inspire one or two folks to ask for a refund so it's good that we re-visit this topic every so often.

#25 7 years ago

I created the Next Gen Printing process used today on both Cabinet Art and Translites, manufactured many new boards, so to say I have not done anything for pinball, you think about that when you play your MMR or fit your next Gen Cabinet art.

Hahahaha, wait. Give me a second. *bursts out laughing again*

I mean, sure, I haven't met anyone who hasn't said the artwork Wayno supplies isn't top notch (well, apart from this guy, who isn't exactly a neutral party),
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/mr-pinball-australia.34391/#post-177977

but you personally 'created the Next Gen Printing process used today'?

Hahahahaha.

Quoted from Russo121:

My god man, get the flyers printed!

You mean like this one?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5793&picno=53186

#26 7 years ago

Okay, let’s get back to my original post….my question was, is Wayne ever going to re-produce an original MM for all of those that put their money down. Is there any plan/goal at all to finish this project or as others have stated, is he just going to sit on the money until the original folks just give up and ask for a refund.

There has never been a decisive way to convert to the MMR or an equitable exchange of cost vs. just paying the current rate of a new MMR from another distributor. What are the correct steps and at what cost?

He just had to be the first one starting the need for an initial deposit and commitment before he would move forward. Many folks believed in him and did their part money wise, and initially was offered positive support if I remember correctly…again, this is going on ten years now.!!!

If Wayne would really just respond in a professional manner and explain where this project is, and/or finally admit that it is a failure and immediately start offering refunds to the remainder of folks that believed and trusted in him, is all that is being asked.

I also remember that he also offered interest on the deposit money, ($2,500.00) that he has somewhere invested and held for about ten years. What does that alone come to these days?

Maybe he could also find the money to donate to Pinside instead of just jumping in to post a response or make some offhand comment.

That’s all, enough is enough. Please it would be wonderful to let us all know the current status or maybe even new “fresh” updates so those with their money invested can make other choices if wanted, and finally move on..

To clarify my position on this, I personally have had in my possession an original MM since 1998, but I have to sadly admit that I talked a few into this scheme and cannot take the personal embarrassment for doing this to my friends regarding this fiasco anymore…

5 months later
#27 7 years ago

Just asking again...as it has been five months now,....I can not believe that Wayne took from many folks $2,500.00 in deposits back in 2006 and still doesn't have the balls to do anything towards his self-proclaimed project, and does nothing but continue to sell his stash of MM parts and other pinball parts, and somehow his other acquired William's merchandise and Misc. parts on eBay for a living...and again, doesn't have the conscious or "heart" to appropriately update those buyers...His own "customer" MM forum has been shut down for over a month and he explains it is "his" IT department and they are working on it...YIKES...

This guy doesn't have a problem trolling or commenting here on Pinside, and another thing, he doesn't even seem to understand any need to appropriately contribute to Pinside like most of us already do......

Please, Wayne, just as advertised many years ago from you, refund everyone's deposits, with the promised interest on the deposits, and we can all move on......

That is all...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wayne-gillards-mm-remake-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.