Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dont fight (resized).png
IMG_20180620_120152104 (resized).jpg
20161203_141949 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
C8F0D204-D005-4A53-A84D-CA07F8C421D5 (resized).png
0ee92c0457c9d0dd1278aa82786e5e7a (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I have posted this on the Australian pinball community forum and wanted to reach out here in relation with my dealings with Wayne.

This is the experience that I have had with Mr Pinball (Wayne) and how I have been treated through the process in purchasing a Houdini Pinball machine.

I read the forums and was super excited to be part of the adventure and placed an order.

I will try to get to the point and warn people who are new to the hobby or have been in it for many years. Hopefully people will understand that his actions are not necessary or welcomed by me or anyone else.

His actions towards me were not only rude, but were also unprofessional and as a business owner I would like Wayne to listen to what I have to say, so that this doesn’t happen again or to anyone else.

Wayne, I know you will read this mate so please understand what I am trying to convey to you.

The reason I am posting this here, is because you cancelled my order (without my authorization), yelled at me and hung up the phone on me in a fit of rage when I called you to clear the air.

I ordered a Houdini Pinball from Mr Pinball a few months ago and made 4 payments of a total of $11,990 when it was requested by Mr Pinball.

1 - I have asked many times for a receipt of my purchased item for the amount paid (for my records) as he didn’t send it.

2 - I was offered a replacement decal set for my AFM as CGC requested them to come from Mr Pinball as a batch was sent to him so that he may pass them onto me. Sweet I thought how very cool CGC is.

That is it all that I wanted, a receipt for Houdini and decals for my AFM.

I sent Wayne a final email re Houdini receipt and AFM decals as I was tired of asking and was embarrassed in asking as I felt this shouldn’t be happening.
I can post the email if anyone is interested in what I said to him, reason being he was pissed off and upset that he cancelled my Houdini Pinball machine after he read my email. The email I got back from Wayne told me to raise a support ticket with CGC to get a new set of decals as he says they were poorly packaged and doesn’t have any left for me. This is after months and months of waiting.

In his email he also told me that he will be cancelling my Houdini Pinball order in which I have fully paid for as he doesn’t need customers like me. I can subsequently see that in the Houdini thread he posted that he had a cancellation, he cancelled my pinball machine but states he had a customer cancel it.

I called Wayne on Friday after I received the email asking him why he cancelled my order just so that I clear can things up, he yelled at me and hung up.

During the day I received a receipt from him re Houdini Pinball of the amount that I have paid, one minute later he sent another email saying disregard the last email.

Wayne this is directed at you.

I attended 2 of your Flip out events to support you and the business to have fun along the way, I gathered my friends to come along with me to see what all the fuss is about. Mark my words, I will never again attend any of the events you hold nor promote your business in any way shape or form.

I do not ever want to see you, nor do I ever want to talk to you again, you have lost a customer forever. I will be letting the people know who are looking to purchase anything from you about my experience and let them make their own decision up before making a purchase from you.

I will be talking to CGC and American Pinball in relation to your actions with all the broken promises you have made.
BTW the decals are on the way after 4 days of communication with CGC, not 6 months that it took with you with broken promises.

Take a deep breath mate and enjoy what is around you, if you yell and moan about everything that you do then you might want to take up another career path. We live in the best country in the world Australia, and we are all very lucky to be part of it. Don’t you make it a terrible place to live because of the actions that you have shown.

Settle down it’s only a pinball a machine, it should be fun and you have killed it for me big time!

To the Owners of CGC and AP please read this and you need to understand that we need change with people who are passionate in this hobby.

Thanks for reading.

#2 5 years ago

Jesus Christ.
If you got your money back, get over it and go buy a pin from someone else.
Life is too short.

#3 5 years ago

You better off, the game isn’t that good anyways.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Jesus Christ.
If you got your money back, get over it and go buy a pin from someone else.
Life is too short.

Aint no one here else to buy it from mate!

#5 5 years ago
0ee92c0457c9d0dd1278aa82786e5e7a (resized).jpeg0ee92c0457c9d0dd1278aa82786e5e7a (resized).jpeg
#6 5 years ago

Looking forward to see how this plays out on here. Good luck finding your next game OP. Hopefully a friend has a Houdini you can play.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Aint no one here else to buy it from mate!

Find a used one and have it shipped. You’ll still save money. People are having a hard time trying to sell them.

#8 5 years ago

Having one distributor for an entire country is poor business by the manufacturer. If this one distributor is acting poorly, then that reflects directly back onto the manufacturer. As a customer if your having difficulty buying a game, just imagine How poor their service is.

Manufacturers should have a code of conduct for their resellers.

I hate the car analogy, but my buddy had an issue with a local car dealer and repair work that needed to be done. He directed his complaint to Ford Canada, within a hour the dealer called him back apologizing and he was fixed up in no time.

#9 5 years ago

Houdini is great, sorry you have suffered through broken promises.

#10 5 years ago

got to love the Vegimite

#11 5 years ago

May be a blessing in disguise. I played it and the Playfield physics don’t make it a very smooth playing game. Nice looking and looks fun but the flow is no go.

#12 5 years ago

And this is why distributors are the backbone of what we do. Thankfully I have distributors around me that support my operation in a way I am happy with. In proud to buy the games off of these guys and gals. I hope there is some form of resolution for the both of you in this matter because "this is supposed to be fun".

#13 5 years ago

NO Pinball for You!!

C8F0D204-D005-4A53-A84D-CA07F8C421D5 (resized).pngC8F0D204-D005-4A53-A84D-CA07F8C421D5 (resized).png
#14 5 years ago

Wayne has a history of pissing people off for 15 years or more. He is a rare black mark on what is a pretty good hobby. Sorry Australia doesn't have any alternate options for buying a machine. Maybe buy a container of games and help put him out of business. TBH the whole Aussie scene seems a bit insular and tough for new hobbyists.

#15 5 years ago

I Sell over 300 New Pinball Machines a Year, In a Country of only 25 Million, or the population of LA.

Have sold almost 10,000 items on Ebay with 100% Feedback

We have several Resellers in Australia and games can be bought today from any of them if a customer wants a game without dealing with me.

Even Stern only has one Distributor in Australia, the market isn't Large enough and the margins are to low on New Games.

I am a Collector and have owned Pinball machines since the age of 15.

Ask yourself the Question why would a Distributor decide not to sell a product to a customer and refund, its simple, some customers are just impossible to deal with.

The OP tried to get my attention on Aussie Arcade and I choose to Ignore so he decided to Post Here.

go search some of the OP Pinside threads threatening not to buy Sterns and calling out Gary Stern

I have never seen a Car service centre or a restaurant with 100% Feedback, you just can't please everybody.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I Sell over 300 New Pinball Machines a Year, In a Country of only 25 Million, or the population of LA.
We have several Resellers in Australia and games can be bought today from any of them if a customer wants a game without dealing with me.
Even Stern only has one Distributor in Australia, the market isn't Large enough and the margins are to low on New Games.
Ask yourself the Question why would a Distributor decide not to sell a product to a customer and refund, its simple, some customers are just impossible to deal with.
The OP tried to get my attention on Aussie Arcade and I choose to Ignore so he decided to Post Here.
go search some of the OP Pinside threads threatening not to buy Sterns and calling out Gary Stern
I have never seen a Car service centre or a restaurant with 100% Feedback, you just can't please everybody.

Goddammit you had might up till the surprise cargument at the end!

I feel you though...I was well into the 60th paragraph of the opening post and realized maybe there were two sides to this one.

#17 5 years ago

Hey OP

Buy this Houdini and have it shipped.

Machine - For Trade
Houdini Archived
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Listing my Houdini for sale. Pricing at $6200. Game is HUO, bought NIB. Everything plays great. Latest code update installed. Has the side art blades installed at the factory. K...”
2018-08-16
Appleton, WI
Trade
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 625 times

$6200 US is $8482.19 AUS

I bet you could get it shipped for less than 1k AUS and end up saving yourself quite a bit.

#18 5 years ago

Save your money on this turd and buy something better for the same $$$

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey OP
Buy this Houdini and have it shipped.

Machine - For Trade
HoudiniNOB - New out of box (first owner) “Listing my Houdini for sale. Pricing at $6200.

Game is HUO, bought NIB.
Everything plays great. Latest code update installed.
Has the side art blades installed at the factory.
K...”
8 days ago Appleton, WI
Trade
TomGWI

$6200 US is $8482.19 AUS
I bet you could get it shipped for less than 1k AUS and end up saving yourself quite a bit.

He has to pay local sales tax (GST @ 10%) on top of all of that including the shipping. Though still a saving, but without the support of local distributor.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Save your money on this turd and buy something better for the same $$$

Now Now its not the Homepin Thread

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

but without the support of local distributor.

from the sounds of it, that is not much support?

#22 5 years ago

We are missing the details from both parties. OP says his order was cancelled, distributor says sometimes a customer is too much to handle and you have to walk away.

#23 5 years ago

Haha you are embarassing yourself.

Wayne Wayne Wayne, didn't mother say to you not to tell lies.

#24 5 years ago

I think we are missing a lot of context here. If you are going to call someone out you should probably just provide all of the information up front. I can't imagine he just cancelled your order out of the blue without you giving him quite the headache first. Not saying that either of you are right, but I don't think that this thread will be helpful to anyone the way things are now.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

It looks like its time to see the e mails...

#26 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It looks like its time to see the e mails...

I never understand why people are so thirsty for drama. It's pathetic and desperate.

Raise your hand if you live in Australia and this affects you in any way.

Right, thought so. We got one extremely long and boring post from the OP and we got a response from the guy he trashed, that's really all we need, let's move on with our lives. You aren't always gonna get 10 pages out of this stuff.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

As you already know my Mother Died a few months ago

I'm Done!

#29 5 years ago

Cue the puppy pics..

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Cue the puppy pics..

20161203_141949 (resized).jpg20161203_141949 (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

I can see this going down a dark road.

Thanks
Blake

#32 5 years ago

We are not going to let that happen.

IMG_20180620_120152104 (resized).jpgIMG_20180620_120152104 (resized).jpg
#33 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I never understand why people are so thirsty for drama. It's pathetic and desperate.

Yet you are here, have read the entire thread, and are making posts on this thread.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yet you are here, have read the entire thread, and are making posts on this thread.

So you don't see the difference between begging for banal details of a petty dispute that affects none of us, and calling attention to the fact that many here are acting like thirsty sorority chicks?

I'm not surprised.

Perhaps one day the the hens and harpies will turn on you and you'll understand.

#35 5 years ago

Isnt the point here that the OP tried to buy a Houdini from only distributor in Australia, money refunded and buyer told to pound sand.
Regardless of context and 2 sides to story, a distributor shouldn't do this. All owners of pinball ball company's should question Wayne's ethics here on this one.

#36 5 years ago

yup, one job..... sell buyer a Houdini...……...you're fired!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

We are not going to let that happen.
[quoted image]

Its hard not to smile just a little.

Thanks
Blake

#38 5 years ago

I never would have dealt with Wayno In the first place. He is a first class tosser and most people know that from the old RGP days and the MM and CC remake debacle. If you got your money back count yourself lucky and buy from someone else.

#39 5 years ago

As a person who dealt directly with Wayne in 2005-2006 for the MM remakes, he is slow on the uptake with responses sometimes, but folks get busy. AFAIK everyone got a refund and he was professional.

Personally I cannot speak for the man, but professionally like stated before, two sides to every story.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, thought so. We got one extremely long and boring post from the OP and we got a response from the guy he trashed, that's really all we need, let's move on with our lives. You aren't always gonna get 10 pages out of this stuff.

'Why are people so thirsty for drama? We should just move on. Lemme just post a response to someone letting them know how pathetic and desperate I think they are. That oughta nip the drama right in the bud.'

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Traveler76:

'Why are people so thirsty for drama?

Cause the Baywatch and tote threads are gone.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Cause the Baywatch and tote threads are gone

#43 5 years ago

As a direct sales person, some people are impossible to deal with. For a business owner to refund everything and walk away from a sale, that's a customer.

Quoted from BoJo:

Cause the Baywatch and tote threads are gone.

They'll live in our hearts forever.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

All owners of pinball ball company's should question Wayne's ethics here on this one.

No need for questions, that one was answered long, long ago.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

AFAIK everyone got a refund and he was professional.

Well, that is almost true. Anyone that asked for a refund got it. And I believe others that asked were able to convert over the CGC remake with additional funds to make up the difference in price. But I believe there was a small group of diehard loyalists that were still holding out for their $4500 Wayne remake, and he was happy to hold onto their money if they were never smart enough to request a change or a refund. If he actually proactively decided to close out the books and offer refunds to everyone that has never been published, maybe he will clear the air here now?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mind your own business son,a mans reputation is at stake here! If its getting to ugly for you you can find the door.. ( or drain button as it was)
now lets commence to getting to the truth .

#50 5 years ago

I have dealt with Wayne in the past and he was straightforward and honest. It was all that I required at the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wayne-gillard-cancelled-my-houdini-pinball- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.