Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C2CPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

So much of the game play, rules, call outs and "vibe" is a subjective topic... Some will be drawn to the theme and campiness, some will not relate or get it or just plain not like it... I totally understand all of that. However, the build of the game is less subjective.

The "build quality" is excellent, IMO. In some ways it is superior than say, a Stern Pro. Metal apron, really nice bright LED strips to light trans-lite, excellent clear coat on play field, metal ramps... etc.

It has it's own feel. Doesn't feel just like a Stern or a B/WM.

Everyone that has come over and played it, and looked inside is kinda shocked how high quality the build is from a "start up". The Flipper Fidelity kit makes me rethink my stance on upgrading old sound systems... I never saw the cost benefit, but this kit is awesome. With a cross-over on the amp, you can send just the lows to the sub in the bottom of the cabinet and you can shake the walls of you place... I have to keep it on like 2, as not to upset the neighbors. It is really a great sound system, and just simply superior to a Bally/Williams or Stern game.

The 3-D printed parts seem way more robust and sturdy than many injection molded plastic pieces that they could have used. The game is super clean inside, the wiring is tight, and looks factory quality to my eyes.

My issues so far have been some switches that needed adjusting. I had one broken wire off a solder point, which very well could have been my big clumsy self doing when I swapped out LED lights.

I don't like the bulbs they use, but I probably would have color matched all the inserts no matter what bulbs were used, so in reality, this wasn't even a concern.

I bought the game because when I played it last year at shows, I fell in love with the theme, the feel of the shots, and the approach of the story, etc... I knew right when I heard the comedy and the cool sounds in this game, coupled with the great feeling shots and neat toys, I wanted it. Now having the game for a few weeks, the top notch build quality just makes me feel even better about my purchase.

Hope that might help a bit if the build quality is the reason you are on the fence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider C2CPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/way-to-go-spooky-pinball?tu=C2CPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.