Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by exflexer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I waxed my playfield last night. It is a new machine to me that came off route that appears to never have been waxed. The ball play of the first several games didn't appear to be any "faster" like everyone reports on a freshly waxed machine. HOWEVER, tonight, the ball seems to be FLYING around the playfield. My hypothesis is that it took several games to get a coating of wax on the balls which is 1/2 of the friction equation. Once the balls had a coating of wax, the speed increased.

Does this make sense? If so, should we be waxing our pinballs as part of a shop job?

The other possibility is I was hitting the ball just right in my later games...

Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

I do wax my balls, however it's extremely painfull...

But the results are worth it

#4 10 years ago

Not every day you can start popping popcorn this quick

#5 10 years ago

I tried to to be careful with the wording.... I could have made it much worse....

You can't take the 12 year old out of everyone!

#6 10 years ago

Novus 2 = bad move = woosh

#7 10 years ago

You might want to also wax the shaft on your plunger.

#8 10 years ago

When I take them out of the tumbler after a few days I always coat them with wax and leave it on . That way when I'm ready to use them - wipe the wax off and your ready to go . Keeps them from rusting .

#9 10 years ago

I wax mine, but then again I'm pretty anal about my balls.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from ranchdrsn:

I wax mine, but then again I'm pretty anal about my balls.

Pretty hard topping that one off.

#11 10 years ago

Its a good idea, as is having your VUK waxed...

#12 10 years ago

Yes, a good coat of wax on my balls keep them sliding around free and smooth....on the playfield of course

#13 10 years ago

and don't forget to wax that shooter lane.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

Yes, a good coat of wax on my balls keep them sliding around free and smooth....

Something my Mom never taught me as a young lad...

#15 10 years ago

Waxed mine for years....wife does it now.

#16 10 years ago

Wax on, wax off.

#17 10 years ago

Wax isn't Teflon. That wax you put on that ball will come right off on the guide rail it hits.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wax-your-pinballs-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.