Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you wax your balls?”

• Yes I do! 35 votes
      35%
    • No way! 29 votes
      29%
    • Stupid poll 36 votes
      36%

(100 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FA32AE76-8AF3-4830-B96E-85D4F5AD9544 (resized).jpeg
    wax.gif
    Screenshot_20191101-004900~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191030-005959~2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

On a serious note (sorry) what grade of steel do they use for the balls? I am a metallurgical engineer and now I am kinda curious. I guess I had just assume they were 304l stainless

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from GSones:

It's some flavor of carbon steel as stainless would not work well with the magnets. I'm sure there are some posts discussing the various steel options.

Good point...at least for the 304L, but it could be made out 440C or another grade of martensitic stainless steel. The martensitic grades are ferromagnetic.

However, I suspect you are correct... it is probably something like 1045 or even a bearing steel like 52100.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wax-your-balls?tu=NC_Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.