Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wizzardz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

moms.jpg
    waxonwaxoff.jpg
    41ECe8s-yBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Visited Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas a few weeks ago. I stopped the tech/security/roam the aisles person to ask what THEY use to keep the machine playfields clean and shiny.

Answer: Simonize Car Wax.

Kind of surprised me, but made sense. What do y'all use?

#2 11 years ago

Blitz of course

41ECe8s-yBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41ECe8s-yBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Mothers and Meguirs paste wax.

#4 11 years ago

Just don't use anything that says "cleaner wax" because that contains abrasives.

Also real Carnauba wax is expensive.

If it does not cost $30 - $40 bucks for 12oz, it probably has only one drop of Carnauba in it.

#6 11 years ago

Chemical Guys WAC_301 XXX Hard Core Pure White Carnauba Paste Wax and Advanced Polymers - 8 oz.

Product Features
    This product is 47 percent White Unbleached and Yellow Carnauba by volume
    Great for all colors and paints
    Ideal for creating a wet look on any painted surface
    Coats your vehicle in a carnauba protective seal delivering a glossy, rich and liquid shimmer
    Longest lasting protection for 2 to 3 month

http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-WAC_301-Carnauba-Advanced-Polymers/dp/B003UWQFKY/ref=lh_ni_t

#7 11 years ago

PHOF used Zeps for a long time. Good stuff but it's discontinued. They used to get it by the caselaod at home depot because it was dirty cheap. Any carb wax will do as long as it doesn't have cleaners in it.

I'd love to see a wax comparision on the same playfields. I only use collinite 885 now, but all carb waxes end up looking the same really. Only real noticeable different is smell. Some I can't stand, some are ok, some you can barely smell. Mothers is the worst imo. Stinks up the whole house. Novus 2 is just crap. Sorry nov fans but that stuff just sucks imo.

It's all like buying into snake oil.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Novus 2 is just crap. Sorry nov fans but that stuff just sucks imo.

Novus 2 is good for what it is: an abrasive polish. It removes fine scratches.

It's not a wax, it is the last step BEFORE waxing.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Novus 2 is good for what it is: an abrasive polish. It removes fine scratches.
    It's not a wax, it is the last step BEFORE waxing.

I was referring to Laws comment

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Gotcha, missed the sarcasm.

#11 11 years ago

Sorry Had to do it... I use Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax works very well. The plus is for protecting polymers not cleaner.
    http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G-7014J-Class-Carnauba-11-oz/dp/B0009IQXCM/ref=sr_1_6
    waxonwaxoff.jpgwaxonwaxoff.jpg

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Yep 2 is an abrasive. I guess I should have said "I do not wax my machine, I use Novus 1."
    Or sometimes I use Treasure cove also. Sorry...Treasure Cove 1.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Blitz of course

I got some of this, it's brilliant.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from cumulonimbus:

Visited Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas a few weeks ago. I stopped the tech/security/roam the aisles person to ask what THEY use to keep the machine playfields clean and shiny.
    Answer: Simonize Car Wax.
    Kind of surprised me, but made sense. What do y'all use?

Was it Mike? (AKA:Hippy)

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

Chemical Guys WAC_301 XXX Hard Core Pure White Carnauba Paste Wax

+1 I used Zymol on my cars for years and it worked well on the pins as well. But I like this stuff on both better. They make a 52% as well, but the 47% is already hard enough.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wax-on-wax-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.