Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Carnauba_Wax.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

I know you're supposed to clean the playfield with novus, but what kind of wax do you use to get that HIGH gloss? What's the best? How often should you wax? What happens if you don't wax?
    Thanks again!!!
    Tony

#2 14 years ago

Tutrle wax is good and dont use novus 3 on your playfield its abrasive its ment to take scratches out of your plastics. heres a good video http://www.youtube.com/user/PinballRestorations#p/u/11/YHh8qYWdV2c

#3 14 years ago

Ive been using something like this: http://www.waxdepot.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WD&Product_Code=T6&Category_Code=CB
    and also the canauba that has the little applicator pad.

Seems to work pretty well - dont forget to wax your balls....no Im serious
    I wax my balls about once a month.

You can tell as soon as you wax the playfield its so fast and smooth

#4 14 years ago

I use Meguires Gold solid paste carnuba wax but Turtle wax is really good too. The Carnuba is the important part. Just get pure wax, not wax/cleaner.

It depends on how often you play your machine. I clean my playfields with Novus1 every month, clean/wax every 3 months and totally strip down the playfield at least annually. But my wife and I are usually the only ones playing them. I clean and wax my balls monthly also and replace them and the rubber annually with the playfield teardown.

#5 14 years ago

I like using a good spray finish wax in between major waxings just to keep things up.
    The last time I bought Meguiar's Mist and Wipe Quik Detailer. You gotta keep your balls smacking the glass now and then

I also wax my balls but prefer to just get a new rubber

#6 14 years ago

Hey Brokedad!
    If you want your balls to look great, try botox. Takes the wrinkles out!!!

#7 14 years ago

Turtle Wax for me.

Glass cleaner, Novus, and Turtle Wax. You can't go wrong.

3 years later
    #8 10 years ago

furniture polish with bee wax is a good one to use......makes the pf quick and waxed at the same time.

4 weeks later
    #9 10 years ago

I see mentions of Meguiars, Turtle wax, Millwax, etc. each of these come in about 10 different formulations. I have Meguiars Tech 2.0 wax, I see several others on their website. Which is safe and which is not safe? That don't really list ingredients on the site or the bottle and the msds sheets I track down have complex chemical names that mean nothing to me as far as compatibility with the playfield. Also, when I place some between my fingers, I have no idea if I am feeling abrasives or not as I don't really know what abrasives feel like. Any light to shed? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

#10 10 years ago

hi pin, I've been using teck 2.o for about 2 yrs.and I love it. never use a cleaner/wax!as for feeling abrasives put the wax in beween your fingers and rub it will feel smooth .if it has abrasives it will feel gritty or like little bits of sand in it. joe

#11 10 years ago

Thanks joe! I just tried it on my Wild Life and it works really well, how many coats if any do you use?

#12 10 years ago

hi pin, I clean the playfield w citrus cleaner or novus 2 .then 2 or 3 coats will make the ball fly!!!! joe

#13 10 years ago

I use carnauba wax paste in the red can .... it even smells good

Carnauba_Wax.jpgCarnauba_Wax.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Anything WITHOUT petroleum distillates in it.

Chris

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from wes2989:

Tutrle wax is good and dont use novus 3 on your playfield its abrasive its ment to take scratches out of your plastics. heres a good video http://www.youtube.com/user/PinballRestorations#p/u/11/YHh8qYWdV2c

it would NOT be prudent to use novus 3 on plastics...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.