5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180815_072655 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

While playing waterworld randomly the flippers go dead then all the lights and display go out for a sec or two then comes back on and it's like starting a new game still in play mode but ball one and score reset. Could this be the pot on the 5v power supply?
Thanks

#4 5 years ago

The door seems to shut tight and I thought of the switch but I rocked the cabinet and hit the door and couldn't get it to do it. Very random when it happens but I will try that and let you know

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Yup this, I would bet this is exactly it. Open the coin door pull the service switch out and then fire that bad boy up and get a game started and see if it gives you any trouble. If not you'll have found the culprit and Llyod will get another gold star

Update, i tried opening door and pulled service switch out as stated and it still done it.

#7 5 years ago

I think you are on to something, with door open and switch pulled out if I'm on ball 2 and hit the start button it resets game like it does when playing in normal mode. The ship flips to deeds and you have to shoot ball but no flippers work then it flips ship to normal and your starting new game. A!l sounds and music working perfect, havent had chance to test power yet. Checked switch test all good, cannot get the start button to show on edge test but it works to acivate other test.

#8 5 years ago

Would a switch on the ship cause this? I replaced all LEDs in machine and had to rotate it but I thought it back In right spot as it rotates properly when you in sink feeds and the normal mode.

#10 5 years ago

This is interesting. Tell me about the gapping on that start button. If memory serves it's still a leaf switch. Is it gapped super close such that vibrations or slight pressure could set off the switch and cause the reset to occur? Just trying to eliminate the more simple stuff before we dive deeper

It is a leaf switch, gapped about 1/8 gap, i thought vibration too but doesnt look like it as the leads are stiff and shaking cabinet by hand they dont move. Should it even restart a new game even by pushing the start button when playing? that part seems wrong. Maybe loose connection on board side that vibrates and activates the restart game? but seems odd a pinball would allow you to do that.

It doesnot shutoff and come back on the like a full power off and on, it simply starts a new game doesnt miss a beat. Flippers go dead ball rolls in trough dmd goes to ball one with reset score and ball kicks in shooter lane and your rolling again. So to mimic it on ball one i push start it just makes a ding noise but continues to play fine, once i get to ball 2 or 3 and hit the start button it will mimic the restart game. This something in the settings maybe? ill check manul but something seems strage.

There is a restart game setting in the settings menu i found in the book that allows the game to be restarted by hitting the start button. Maybe i can disable it and see what happens.
20180815_072655 (resized).jpg20180815_072655 (resized).jpg

#12 5 years ago

Interesting. Yeah that looks like the gap is perfect. Actually on a lot of games it is pretty common to have the start button reset the game in play. I guess the idea was if a player was having a bad game they could just forfeit the credit in play and start a new game. That way the player saves time and the operator gets more money but that is just a guess. For example I can do this on my T2,F-14 and BK2K.
However back to your point, on my water world I cannot restart the game by pressing the start button during play. If I do it on ball one it adds more players to the game (Which is correct). If I do it past ball one nothing seems to happen on my game. I have mine in tournament mode (Free Play). It looks like yours is the same. Let me check the manual and see if this is configurable via the menus.
One other question, if you start a game and you are on ball one and you press start during play does the game add another player or does it restart the current game in progress. I'd be interested to know the results on this. Also if you play a two player game do you still get this issue? Also during a two player game after both players are on ball 2 if you hit start will the game restart? Good Hunting

Yes the restart feature you described can be turned on and off in the settings i found in the manual just today and will be shutting that off but i assume something is triggering it randomly when its set on (If it is on in the settings) so shutting it off may take care of the issue. if i start a game and hit the start button on ball one it will add other players, the restart will only work if one of the players is on ball 2 and it will reset all players which would suck if your the the guy winning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waterworld-system-3-random-issue?tu=wisker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.