Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0416201306 (resized).jpg
0416201310a (resized).jpg
20200409_134131 (resized).jpg
20200409_134145 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Ok so I just picked up a WaterWorld the other day. When I started it up I noticed that the left upper kicker kept triggering. I went into the edge switch test and the switch 30 for the left ball shooter only registered when switch 31 for the outhole was open. So what I gather from that is that the switch is deactivated when all 4 balls are in the machine. I might be wrong on that. But the real oddity is that if I'm in switch test and I hit my left flipper switch 41, it says I've hit switch 40 for the wire ramp opto. I cleaned the opto and the leaf switch for #30 but still having issues. Why would that opto trip if I hit the left flipper button. No other switches on the play field seem to have any issues. If anyone has ideas I'm welcome to them. Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Not sure on that... but I have a waterworld here... and if you need any pics of anything... I also have a manual and schematics...

On another note... I also have a high res scan of the flipper area... and I am working on a decal to fix the wear that is on a lot of these machines...

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Not sure on that... but I have a waterworld here... and if you need any pics of anything... I also have a manual and schematics...
On another note... I also have a high res scan of the flipper area... and I am working on a decal to fix the wear that is on a lot of these machines...

Sweet. Yeah mine has some wear in the right flipper area. Could you take a picture of the wires going to the left flipper? Mine look like they've been hacked and I'm wondering if that's part of my problem. Thanks sir.

#4 4 years ago

Here ya go...

20200409_134131 (resized).jpg20200409_134131 (resized).jpg20200409_134145 (resized).jpg20200409_134145 (resized).jpg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Here ya go...[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. I'm gonna double check those. Did you do the ground mod on yours? I've done it on my System 80bs but not on a system3 before.

#6 4 years ago

I have two System 3's... Rescue 911 (had it for 18yrs) and Waterworld (got it a few months back).... I have never heard of a ground mod on them....

Electronically they are pretty bulletproof... do not ever disconnect the DMD while it is on... that will kill the display... that much I do know...

But I have not had any issues with the R911 since I have owned it... except minor stuff and fixing the copter cuppling when it broke...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I have two System 3's... Rescue 911 (had it for 18yrs) and Waterworld (got it a few months back).... I have never heard of a ground mod on them....
Electronically they are pretty bulletproof... do not ever disconnect the DMD while it is on... that will kill the display... that much I do know...
But I have not had any issues with the R911 since I have owned it... except minor stuff and fixing the copter cuppling when it broke...

So I did the ground mods at the bottom of the cab and those switch problems disappeared. The only thing that's not working now is the "Sink The Dees." I get one ball up there and it never kicks out the other ball. I wonder how the game knows theres a ball up there.

#8 4 years ago

Did it....Found the optos I needed to. Cleaned them. Everything is working great. ^_^ Thanks Lathorum for your help sir. I'm gonna go put some new rubbers on this baby. Woooooo...WaterWorld!!!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

Did it....Found the optos I needed to. Cleaned them. Everything is working great. ^_^ Thanks Lathorum for your help sir. I'm gonna go put some new rubbers on this baby. Woooooo...WaterWorld!!!

You are welcome... fun game... I just cracked 700,000,000... post some pics of your game... there are a few spots on mine I think someone did some creative fixing with posts...

I'll post pics of what I am talking about...

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

You are welcome... fun game... I just cracked 700,000,000... post some pics of your game... there are a few spots on mine I think someone did some creative fixing with posts...
I'll post pics of what I am talking about...

Yeah mine too. I find the ball getting stuck in strange places..then I noticed this....

Pretty sure there's supposed to be a rail or something there..I see two bolts but they're holding nothing. lol. And the ball gets stuck near the water cannon area too...I'll have to rig something up there cause the ball goes airborn and goes behind the shark targets.

0416201306 (resized).jpg0416201306 (resized).jpg0416201310a (resized).jpg0416201310a (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11 3 years ago

There should be a ball guide on that side of the pop bumper... mine is missing also... I may just fix it with 2 posts and a rubber...

a lot of them are broken and missing...

1 month later
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

There should be a ball guide on that side of the pop bumper... mine is missing also... I may just fix it with 2 posts and a rubber...
a lot of them are broken and missing...

Hey did you ever get a decal made of the flipper area? I know we talked about that before. My waterworld cleaned up pretty good it could look better. ^_^

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

Hey did you ever get a decal made of the flipper area? I know we talked about that before. My waterworld cleaned up pretty good it could look better. ^_^

I am a teacher...end of year stuff going on... gonna work on it next week and get it to my buddy for a few test prints... will let you know how it turns out...

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I am a teacher...end of year stuff going on... gonna work on it next week and get it to my buddy for a few test prints... will let you know how it turns out...

Super. Thank you sir.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waterworld-switch-test-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.