View topic image gallery

final pf 2.jpg
final pf.jpg
pf before.jpg
new pf2.jpg
hopper detail.jpg
spotlights.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Almost done with the PF swap. Certainly the most complicated one I've done. Bought a NOS PF from PBR and had it clearcoated. New ramp, decals and wave. Added a few mods, Dennis Hopper figure with a spotlight on him, spotlights on lower PF, a spotlight on the Dryland plastic behind wave and led's. Installed and lit up photos to come.
Need assistance installing, still recovering from back surgery. I was able to work on it on my rotisserie.
Izzy

hopper detail.jpghopper detail.jpg
new pf2.jpgnew pf2.jpg
spotlights.jpgspotlights.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Looks great, izzy!

#3 10 years ago

look at that flipper reflection

#4 10 years ago

Just finished and installed the new PF. A few adjustments and it plays great. Of course I didn't do a before photo. It seems I never do, just jump in and get started. Pretty pathetic, considering I'm a commercial photographer and I work on them in my studio. Some day.

pf before.jpgpf before.jpg final pf.jpgfinal pf.jpg
#5 10 years ago

Better photo.

final pf 2.jpgfinal pf 2.jpg
#6 10 years ago

Great to see a non typical game getting a new playfield. Looks nice.

#7 10 years ago

Nice work and dedication! I've played one at a few shows, kinda fun

#8 10 years ago

Nice work, looking foreword to see it in person.

#9 10 years ago

Actually it is kinda fun, especially for guy with mostly EM's.

#10 10 years ago

Where did you find a PF for that? I've never seen an extra of those.

#11 10 years ago

Pinball Resource has/had them(?) 6 months ago it was $225 + shipping. I had it clear coated at Steve's recommendation. they are NOS, but some of the insets are slightly raised. He also has a NOS ramp, wave and other parts. Go to his PF page for GTB games.

#12 10 years ago

I am doing the same thing. Mine has wear in the exact same spot as yours. I bought the NOS playfield from PBR and it looked great. I already clear coated it and it is ready to swap. Haven't started yet but I am looking forward to it. I have done several full restores but I have never done a playfield swap. I think it's a fun game that gets panned because nobody liked the movie. But hey, I liked the movie too.

#13 10 years ago

People dismiss it right away because it is a Gottlieb and also because of theme but it is a really fun players game. You also don't see many of them so people who have never even touched one jump on the it sucks wagon. You can't beat $225 for a new pf and nice job getting it all back together.

#14 10 years ago

Love the game and yours looks amazing! Makes me want to post my wanted ad

#15 10 years ago

Also did a custom translite and had a simple Laseriffic topper made (posted earlier this year).

#16 10 years ago

Any pics of the translite?

#18 10 years ago

Looks great. I would love to get some time on Waterworld one day. I know I am in the minority, but I loved the movie.

#19 10 years ago

I tolerated the movie, enjoy the game.

#20 10 years ago

I actually really like mine, but unfortunately I have games that have taken it's spot, so I have to let it go. Underrated game IMO, and you HAVE to watch the movie before playing the pin...

#21 10 years ago

Way to go Izz!! Looks awesome!!!! Can't wait to play it

#22 10 years ago

anytime fattrain. are you back from your trip?

#23 10 years ago

Ya! Just got back today! London was pretty damn fun

#24 10 years ago

I bet it was. We're going to Germany in May. I hear there is a pin museum.

#25 10 years ago

That looks awesome. Nice work izzy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waterworld-pf-swap-almost-finshed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.