4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lastlight
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6603968925_288554c78c_c (resized).jpg
    6603968501_e13835d728_c (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

The waterproof products by the Big Box stores as mentioned above, should do the trick.
    If you wish to test a piece, like I did, I put in a pail of water for a couple weeks, to make sure no layers
    separated.
    Things to care about include:
    Is it Virgin Plastic, or recycled....including Chinese Made
    How thick at what is the finish layer made of.
    The connection mech.

Most of these have been well addressed in the last year or so, but older stock does exist.
    Make sure when you start, you see that the planks lock together without a gap.
    A micro bevel Edge is recommended.

Shaw products in the US, are very well made with garnet coating, I believe and Virgin PVC.

I used Bestlaminate.com, they did negotiate over the phone, free delivery, and no tax, when I bought last year. At that time, I went with a Product from Belgium. Berry-Alloc. It had more Patterns, A better Backing and print, and an easier locking mechanism. That is not as needed today.

I newer product on the scene, maybe not as much for your need, is magnetic vinyl flooring.
    Just pretty cool how it works, and should drop in price one day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waterproof-laminate-flooring-options?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.