Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TrainH2o
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

balls decal incerts.jpg
    Balls decal2.jpg
    Rack 2 decals.jpg
    rack scan.jpg
    clear_4.jpg
    clear_3.jpg
    clear_2.jpg
    clear_1.jpg
    decal_2.jpg
    decal_1.jpg
    product.jpg
    start.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 12 years ago

I have used them...they are thinner than the insert decal sets you can purchase, and they are easier to clear over because you don't have to apply as many coats of clear to get them level with the PF...One problem that I have come across is that the water part doesn't work well with the ink! I have used krylon crystal clear, and put several coats of that on the decals before you cut them out...that usually will keep them from bleeding when you apply the clear...but not always... I have had them bleed even after applying the crystal clear. So I guess it is kind of hit or miss... but if they don't bleed they work great!!

I usually apply 2 coats of clear then sand it one time, then apply the decals...then apply a mist coat of clear to try to seal the decals...then heavier coats after that.

Phoebe

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from SDFworker:

Butterflygirl24 said:I have used them...they are thinner than the insert decal sets you can purchase, and they are easier to clear over because you don't have to apply as many coats of clear to get them level with the PF...One problem that I have come across is that the water part doesn't work well with the ink! I have used krylon crystal clear, and put several coats of that on the decals before you cut them out...that usually will keep them from bleeding when you apply the clear...but not always... I have had them bleed even after applying the crystal clear. So I guess it is kind of hit or miss... but if they don't bleed they work great!!
    I usually apply 2 coats of clear then sand it one time, then apply the decals...then apply a mist coat of clear to try to seal the decals...then heavier coats after that.
    Phoebe
    Have you tried Laser printer? It seems to me that slide decals would have a much greater advantage in placement. You can move it around to get it just the way you like. I am not so concerned with burying in clear as I am getting decals exactly positioned. This makes me wonder if you could use the same solution that you apply cabinet decals wet with the ink up adheseve type decals that I bought from BAA.

I am actually not sure if it was a laser printer...I had a friend print them for me.
    Yes I like the fact that you can get them positioned where you want them, and can slide them around to do it before you dab the water away...but if you don't seal them, they will rub off even if the are exactly positioned...they still need to have something over them to protect them. I was just saying that since the water slide paper is thinner than the insert decals you can buy, it is easier to get the area level because it doesn't take as much to level them...

Phoebe

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Butterflygirl24 is right. The water slide decal paper works great. I have had 0 issues with bleeding after using the Bonder spray. Print it out, let it dry and then spray a couple of thin coats on it. Works great. Best part is both of these products can be found at hobby lobby so you should be able to run to a local store and save on shiping cost.
    You need this
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXFLC6&P=8
    and then spray with this
    http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes9200.htm
    Butterflygirl24 - Not sure if you have tried this spray or not. If you haven't give it a shot. I was having all kinds of problems with bleeding then I used this stuff and haven't had an issue since.

SDF yes I would copy the decals, and make your own. Never know when you might need them again...
    Vett have you cleared over the testor spray?? If so and it has no adverse reaction with the clear, then I gotta get me some of that for sure!!

Phoebe

#17 12 years ago

Thanks Vett I will have to get some of that sealer and give it a try!

Phoebe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/water-slide-decals-for-playfield-restore?tu=butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.