Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TrainH2o
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

balls decal incerts.jpg
    Balls decal2.jpg
    Rack 2 decals.jpg
    rack scan.jpg
    clear_4.jpg
    clear_3.jpg
    clear_2.jpg
    clear_1.jpg
    decal_2.jpg
    decal_1.jpg
    product.jpg
    start.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 12 years ago

Butterflygirl24 is right. The water slide decal paper works great. I have had 0 issues with bleeding after using the Bonder spray. Print it out, let it dry and then spray a couple of thin coats on it. Works great. Best part is both of these products can be found at hobby lobby so you should be able to run to a local store and save on shiping cost.

You need this
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXFLC6&P=8

and then spray with this
    http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes9200.htm

Butterflygirl24 - Not sure if you have tried this spray or not. If you haven't give it a shot. I was having all kinds of problems with bleeding then I used this stuff and haven't had an issue since.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Vett have you cleared over the testor spray?? If so and it has no adverse reaction with the clear, then I gotta get me some of that for sure!!

Haven't tried it yet. I have a couple of sheets and some clear sitting around. I'll spray one to make sure but I doubt it will be a problem as the testor spray is meant for model decals and most builders will clear their car, plane, etc once completed. I'll let you know and take pictures as I go.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from SDFworker:

Here's a small kit with everything for $8. I will see if our Hobby Lobby has and report back also. I have some more clearing to do soon.

Not to bad. You'll want more than 1 sheet or each though, trust me

#14 12 years ago

Butterflygirl24 - Here are some pics. Keep in mind that I didn't really work to hard to make things perfect as I was just testing to see if the clear would take. I didn't use my good clear (just rattle can paint) or even set up a clean enviroment (sprayed it on the back patio). Today was also 50 degrees with high humidity. Long story short is it can be way better when done right. From the test it looks like it shouldn't be an issue at all. Just make sure everything dries well before you start but I don't think I need to tell you that anyways.

Pic 1 - the decal off the printer. I used draft so it's not as nice as it could be. Again, just a test to make sure it didn't bleed or react poorly.
    Pic 2 - products I used
    Pic 3 & 4 - The decal on a trash piece of plexiglass No prep work at all. Just wiped clean and installed the decal.
    Pic 5 - 7 - Shows that their wasn't any bleed and the clear layed down without reacting poorly.
    Pic 8 - Shows thin the decal is even with clear on it. I didn't wet sand or anything so it could be a lot better with more care taken.

Hope this helps out.

start.jpgstart.jpg product.jpgproduct.jpg decal_1.jpgdecal_1.jpg decal_2.jpgdecal_2.jpg clear_1.jpgclear_1.jpg clear_2.jpgclear_2.jpg

#15 12 years ago

Trying pic 7 and 8 again. These are with the clear dried.

clear_3.jpgclear_3.jpg clear_4.jpgclear_4.jpg

#16 12 years ago

P.S. - The lines in the decals are the crummy printer I have. Not the decals fault.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/water-slide-decals-for-playfield-restore?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.